Artifact Ideas

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Steingrim said:
    Pretty sure I've never use that ability other than to see what it does. Functionally it might as well not exist for me.
    It's pretty handy to get to some obscure places and there are several large clusters of adjacent rooms along the various highways that all contain pathways, which forms a sort of network of paths. Additionally, CONFIG PATHS MYSTIC ON can make use of these. That means that, getting to Icewynds, for example, doesn't require a bubblix and doesn't even require knowing where a current gate to the crystal meadows is - PATH TRACK <some room in the icewynds> will just work.

Problem is, it consumes balance to use. And while for the example above that's not annoying, there's a path from the Aetherplex to Toblorolla and several other close proximity rooms connected by pathways; with any sufficiently reasonable celerity, it is *much* faster to just walk than it is to use pathways. For that reason, I generally keep CONFIG PATHS MYSTIC off unless I'm traveling somewhere that absolutely requires it. Having an arti to take off balance consumption makes them *way* more convenient to use and to always have on.
  • edited November 2018
    Non-server side pathing can add delay times into the calculation for when to use a path or not which makes them very efficient and gives folks without a bunch of other teleportation/contrivances much MUCH faster pathing to basically everywhere. 
  • edited December 2018
    An artifact that doubles the maximum alcohol tolerance you can have (i.e. beyond unabashed alcohol)
  • Yes, please! My poteen is doing a number on me.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    An artifact that lets you turn into a ghost.
  • So the game should support people who support the game:

I think Ironbeard's RNG on who he visits should be weighted by your character's present retirement value.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I am not a fan.  The game already supports us with wondercorns, IRE Elite, genies, traps, etc.  Year-end presents are one of the universal things for everyone to enjoy, weighting things so that new people are less likely to see something is not the kind of message we should be sending.

I would rather see a guarantee that everyone gets to see an Ironbeard (assuming being online of course!) than weighting it towards specific people based on credit value (which does not necessarily reflect investment anyways).
    I thought Ironbeard sees everyone once every day as long as you didn't get a gnome that day. It just takes time for him to get to you.
    Rivius said:
    I thought Ironbeard sees everyone once every day as long as you didn't get a gnome that day. It just takes time for him to get to you.
    He will see a certain number of online people every so often.  So if you are online during only one of his visiting phases you have a smaller chance to see him, the longer you are online the higher your chances (especially as other online people get dropped from the list as he either visits them or they find a gnome).

If you have limited online time though, odds are decent you'll miss him, which is all I was getting at.  I would prefer he visit more people, not less!
  • "find a gnome"?
  • Around Solstice every so often Ironbeard's gnomes descend from the sky with a jingle. That's your cue to run around Prime like a lunatic looking for one. If you see one, BEG GNOME and if you influence it you get a present!
  • I would love to see an artifact that tells me the status of all of the astral nodes. If there is a node at the Orrery and which are at crackling, motes etc.
  • Something else to do with my reserves would be nice. Maybe an artifact that could convert reserves into something else or even just get rid of the power.
  • Yendor said:
    Something else to do with my reserves would be nice. Maybe an artifact that could convert reserves into something else or even just get rid of the power.
    Whatever it turns into there will be the same problem: Lucidians.
    How about a version of a Skin of a Zombie with a less tainty theme somehow.
    edited January 2019
    Rivius said:
    How about a version of a Skin of a Zombie with a less tainty theme somehow.
    Is it just "skin" on II?  If so you could do a customization of it I'd think.  Also isn't there a Book of the Dead that was an auction arty?
    I think the custimizations still require the zombie noun and it still shows up in your appearance and honours as a zombie

I'd actually like that book!
    How about guards for  homesteads?
  • Here's an idea! something like the keystone but for bubblixes. Just something where we can keep them all in one place and clean inventory clutter!
  • Building on Allixea's idea, can we just get an artifact box in general? The curio box lets you activate the ones inside still and keeps it clean...so can we have a general purpose artifact box that mirrors that functionality?
  • Makai said:
    Building on Allixea's idea, can we just get an artifact box in general? The curio box lets you activate the ones inside still and keeps it clean...so can we have a general purpose artifact box that mirrors that functionality?
    The curiobox is a bit weird. only curios that use CURIO ACTIVATE are able to used while it is within the box. Genies and poteens were special coded to work (which I don't understand because they don't use CURIO ACTIVATE at all). magic item curios require you to remove them before using (as does crucibles, batons, pets, and probably a few other ones that use some other activation command). I would love for everything to move to curio activate so they could all live in the box and never have to be taken out.
  • What he said as well!
  • Red Handed Solstice Glove.

Can't be purchased; instead given out at a very low rate instead of the 20th daily credit (maybe only one every two weeks is given out game-wide or something like that).

Let's the wearer of the glove REACH INTO STOCKING of any unclaimed solstice stocking older than 6 RL months OR belonging to a retired player and steal the contents, also destroying the stocking.

• Ghibli said:
    Red Handed Solstice Glove.

Can't be purchased; instead given out at a very low rate instead of the 20th daily credit (maybe only one every two weeks is given out game-wide or something like that).

Let's the wearer of the glove REACH INTO STOCKING of any unclaimed solstice stocking older than 6 RL months OR belonging to a retired player and steal the contents, also destroying the stocking.

Estarra was going to reset all still hanging stockings to buyer's inv back in January after that promo ended, but never got around to it.
  • Is artefact camping gear 

If not

Everyman's Tent

Take your children out of the joy of the city into the misery of the countryside. Wave at strangers as they pass while you choke down poorly cooked food and force a smile, enjoying getting back to nature.

Camping Stove

If there is a campfire going, you can cook one portion of food (not exceeding Dishes in Cooking) at that location. No fancy abilities. No nothing. Forget curios. This is back to basics for you.
  • Master Brooch - Similar to the Master Crown, but for the Fortune Brooches, to have them all in one item instead of many. With a 'MASTERBROOCH STOLE <brooch|NONE>' to select which stole effect to use or none at all.

Really, I want the general customization ability to combine similar items into one while still having all their effects.
  • If it doesn't yet exist, I'd love an artifact that lets us use different colors in letters and books!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Goop artifact that works like the ledger does for comms, but for the flashpoints of ships you can fly. So you can check what has flashpoints where more easily! 
  • An artifact that stops other mobs from leaving the area while you are bashing one mob?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2019
    An iyamoru reagent for algontherines.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."