Should Psychodrama give OrgCredit points?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Xenthos said:
    Coraline said:
    Wait, commons are the potent ones?
    Ikons have three stats: Effect, Initiative, Cooldown.  The power cost & rarity are derived from these.  The stronger the ikon, the higher the rarity.  However, this ends up making high rarity ikons rather difficult to actually use in psychodrama (because they tend to have high cooldowns, high power costs, be very slow, or all of the above).
    My two auction ikons are either commons or uncommons, forget which, despite being unique for that reason.
    Oh

I tried psychodrama for the first time yesterday, challenging Jolanthe. I had no idea what I was doing so I made a gestalt with all the rare ikons I had because I thought they would be better because they're rare. I had no power to do most of the things in the battle and she beat me with the village of Southgard and 2 chickens. So yeah ..

It was fun though! Not complaining haha. It was just funny how the chickens peck pou to death.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • @ Coraline When I have some free time with you, I will go through it step by step

We can double up on org credits by recording it on the stage!
  • Steingrim said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Steingrim said:
    Orael said:
    Several people have shot me messages or idea'd that Psychodrama is too easy to game for OrgCredit points. Enough that I thought I would bring it here to see what the prevailing opinion of it was. 

Should Pyschodrama (The biennial Ikon Tournament) be a part of the org credit scores?
    It is only easy to game when the admin don't enforce the rules, no?
    What rules? There is nothing that says you can't lose on purpose. and when the reward was just ikons, it didn't really matter. Counting towards orgcredits, it encourages, and is most beneficial to have, an org to have one member be the 'winner' and get as many points as possible to raise to the top of the rankings.

Before I answer that, have you been rigging it?
    Could you possibly define "rigging it"when used in this context?
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Due to just gaming it heavily, I think the orgpoints should go away as an auto system. If we want something like that in the future, we should make it a more structured system where it has a monthly tournament you have to show up during a certain period for. Think small scale world event. That way we see actual competition, instead of triggers to just automate random or no plays or such. Is silly we encourage nonserious play with benefits on this. 
  • I agree I would like to see a real tournament rather than something akin to combat rankings system. We'd have the same problem with that if orgpoints were awarded for combat rankings as well. It is a system so underutilized that people forget it's a thing! But if we made it rewarded with orgpoints, you'd see it flooded with odd matchups just to try and get a good scoreline for the org, rather than the competition.
  • edited June 2019
    Thanks for all the answers here, it was good to read.

I'm glad that it has sparked more use of the system and people being more involved within it. That was one of the big intentions of including it, to spark motivation to participate. 

The current status of the poll sits at ~ 66/34 against it counting for points. At this juncture, any kind of rework, whether it's starting an actual tournament requiring in-person participation or adjusting how the cards and the game actually work to fix up the meta, is not really in the cards. 

I'll look at adjusting it for more participation, I'm not sure where the line between rewarding use vs letting it be easily gamed is though. I don't think we'll change anything at this exact moment, but we'll probably do something within the next week or so.
  • Although I love Psychodrama as a mechanic, I want to change my original opinion on whether it should count for Org points. All the hard work from writing books, stage, designs, revolts etc not mattering because Psychodrama gave other orgs a 50 point lead is a bit ridiculous.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    Although I love Psychodrama as a mechanic, I want to change my original opinion on whether it should count for Org points. All the hard work from writing books, stage, designs, revolts etc not mattering because Psychodrama gave other orgs a 50 point lead is a bit ridiculous.
    Yeah, gotta agree as fun as it was to learn it!

I do like that it encourages people to play, though. Could psychodrama be moved to a daily credit reward instead? Playing a round or three gets you 5 credits?
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    Coraline said:
    Although I love Psychodrama as a mechanic, I want to change my original opinion on whether it should count for Org points. All the hard work from writing books, stage, designs, revolts etc not mattering because Psychodrama gave other orgs a 50 point lead is a bit ridiculous.
    Yeah, gotta agree as fun as it was to learn it!

I do like that it encourages people to play, though. Could psychodrama be moved to a daily credit reward instead? Playing a round or three gets you 5 credits?
    Yes, I really love this idea! That way it will encourage more people to take part because it matters for something (and when you play it without the Orgpoints thing hanging over your head it is actually pretty fun!). Maybe we could also have winners get more dailycredits or something of that sort?