Public Design Wishlist Thread

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Whatever the medieval equivalent of Sunday best would be, and/or stuff a merchant would wear to market. Not court wear, but less fancy suits, or nice looking trousers, tunics, vests, etc. that are still made of inexpensive materials like wool, cotton, and leather and aren't heavily ornamented.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:
    Semiformal wear for men? Everything's either full evening suits or workin' in the dirt tunic/trousers.

On this note: my discovery has been there is very little competition in the market for neutral masculine shoes/boots, too. I would recommend y’all hop on that. My shoplog is telling me it’s worthwhile.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Luce said:
    Whatever the medieval equivalent of Sunday best would be, and/or stuff a merchant would wear to market. Not court wear, but less fancy suits, or nice looking trousers, tunics, vests, etc. that are still made of inexpensive materials like wool, cotton, and leather and aren't heavily ornamented.
    That's actually pretty useful for some insight, because silk is just as cheap as cloth in Gaudi, and is a lot more plentiful, so that generally prompts me to make everything from silk.

In that same vein, how does everyone feel about gemstone buttons? I think the general assessment would be that wooden buttons are "cheaper", as an example, but wood is so much harder to generate than gems. I dislike throwing wood in a design unless I -really- want that specific look, but if there is some preference for that it can be looked into.

• I can't figure out how to edit my post, so I'll just post again:

Your design #27914 of a vibrant seafoam dress shirt was approved.

An airy chambray of light linen serves as the base construction of this
    shirt, subtle side pleats and darts along the back providing a
    comfortable fit without being overly loose. Pale seafoam green colours
    the wrap against a snow-white weft, the saturation varying slightly and
    rendering an ebbing swell of tones to span the arms before assuming
    greater uniformity across the chest. Aqua blue stitching borders the
    hems, collar, cuffs, and placket, accentuating the green without
    drowning it in volume. Half a dozen buttons flank the placket in turn,
    cut from larimar such that they exhibit a delicate white marbling to
    echo and complement the fabric.

... which is why I was asking about buttons! Are we on the right track right about, or do we need to go dressier?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Jolanthe said:
    Luce said:
    That's actually pretty useful for some insight, because silk is just as cheap as cloth in Gaudi, and is a lot more plentiful, so that generally prompts me to make everything from silk.

In that same vein, how does everyone feel about gemstone buttons? I think the general assessment would be that wooden buttons are "cheaper", as an example, but wood is so much harder to generate than gems. I dislike throwing wood in a design unless I -really- want that specific look, but if there is some preference for that it can be looked into.

I'd forgotten that point about commodities in Lusternia, but it's still useful as a reference point. Remember that 'glass' here is just uncut gems though, and having something specifically get called out as being made from coloured glass would be a good medium ground. 

I suppose that in theory gemstones would be seen as 'common' in Hallifax; pearls, mother of pearl, seashell, and coral would be similar for Celest; Bone and ivory in Mag and Glom (just don't think about where they came from and you'll be fine.); wood in the two forests (though it may be considered something to be used only with reverence); and silk in Gaudiguch.
    Hmm, I guess it depends on if we mean “common” from a price or aesthetic standpoint. From a shopkeeping perspective, I do my best to design things with readily available comms. I avoid essence, corpses and unique items (like seashells) when possible, for example, and try to keep in mind which comms cost more than others. Ex: Wood tends to be pricier than cut gems. From the above I’m guessing it’s more about aesthetic though, yeah?

(On that note, I would love to have more public platter designs out there for cooking that don’t include corpses or difficult to access commodities. Please and thank you.)

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi

Sylandra said:

(On that note, I would love to have more public platter designs out there for cooking that don’t include corpses or difficult to access commodities. Please and thank you.)

Any particular theme?
    A delicious meal that is preferably not dessert! Honestly not picky at all about what.
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    More forged armor that isn't pure plate would probably be useful.

That probably means mail, because the noun for scale appears to be "jacket" and that seems limiting.

(Dear Charites, can we get "scale" added as a noun for that? Pretty please?)

You can also sneak lamellar designs under plate as "lamellar plate" and I would love more of those. Composite armors, like a solid cuirass with chain/scale over the rest of the body is also good. I generally also put those under plate if there are any solid parts. Remember that armor tends to come in layers!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Touching more upon shoes in kind,

Your design #27919 of earthy wingtip brogue shoes of leather and suede was approved.

Plush, supple suede has been saturated a deep sepia brown, and cradles
    the central panelling of these shoes. The wingtip toe, sloping heel, and
    narrow lacing panel are comparatively fashioned from a polished leather
    possessing a bright sienna hue. The dual toning leaves the shoes with a
    distinctively warm and earthy appearance, interrupted only by the raw,
    nude-toned leather lacing. Tiny perforations along the tips of the toes
    reveal the suede beneath the leather, spiralling in gentle arcs like
    eddying dust clouds, with an echoing pattern gracing the heel in kind.

Might be time to think about coloured glass buttons as suggested.

• Pigwidgeon clothing! well, not clothing for pigwidgeons, they already have that in spades, but pigwidgeon styled clothing for us non-pigwidgeons!

Probably the strangest of the fae, no one has actually ever seen the face or body of a pigwidgeon. 
    The sleeves and pants legs of its voluminous clothing go well beyond its hands and feet, covering 
    them with the frayed material. There is also an enormous floppy hat on the pigwidgeon's head that 
    manages to always stay firmly ensconced no matter how outrageously the pigwidgeon moves. It is not 
    even clear whether this odd fae is a biped or quadruped as it spends as much time on two legs as it 
    does on four.
  • ... if no one else wants to get in on that, I can probably prepare some pigwidgeony clothing during the next game year.

Oh yeah, there's an apricot dress shirt and a lavender dress shirt now, too.

• @Kali

An update:

Your design #27949 of an outrageously voluminous burlap tunic was approved.
    Your design #27951 of a wobbly, oversized burlap hat was approved.

Pants will be 27950, but are not done processing yet. But I was a slowpoke with this little project, and now that it's mostly done I can't help spilling the beans.

Whenever a new design pattern comes out, this thread feels worth a necro.

If there's a bookbinding catalogue style you want that doesn't currently exist, let the bored designers of this thread know!
    Daraius said:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A "generic" catalogue for each organization.  Ravenwood, wave motifs, clockwork etchings, etc.  That one little pattern looks so lonely!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Sylandra said:
    Whenever a new design pattern comes out, this thread feels worth a necro.

If there's a bookbinding catalogue style you want that doesn't currently exist, let the bored designers of this thread know!
    Beryl Aerial Bookbinding now accepting submissions.  :*
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Irillia's got one more coming out for Gaudi, but it's held up in review at the moment.
    I used to make cakes.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Xenthos said:
    A "generic" catalogue for each organization.  Ravenwood, wave motifs, clockwork etchings, etc.  That one little pattern looks so lonely!
    Not so generic, but first Crowquill one, at least!

25133   Crowquill     a gnarled ravenwood catalogue

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Daraius said:
    Irillia's got one more coming out for Gaudi, but it's held up in review at the moment.
    Yeah, shout-out to @Irillia for writing six public designs, whaat. Amazing.

We could also go for some more simple, color-based or motif-based public catalogues! Those tend to do well in general when it comes to bookbinding designs, so I'm trying to cobble a few together.
    Daraius said:
  • Ahh this makes me want to branch out from cooking and try my own hand at a public catalogue!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
    Please more catalogues for no one to buy from Erudio.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Coraline said:
    Ahh this makes me want to branch out from cooking and try my own hand at a public catalogue!
    Cake-a-logue.  Catalogue shaped like a sheet cake.  Wrap-around cover secured by a clasp, looks like light and fluffy frosting.  Looks edible, but it is a trick!
    Cat-on-a-log.  Bread loaf shaped like a log with an assembly of fruit in the form of a cat piled on top, clinging on for dear life.
  • Xenthos said:
    Coraline said:
    Ahh this makes me want to branch out from cooking and try my own hand at a public catalogue!
    Cake-a-logue.  Catalogue shaped like a sheet cake.  Wrap-around cover secured by a clasp, looks like light and fluffy frosting.  Looks edible, but it is a trick!
    Cat-on-a-log.  Bread loaf shaped like a log with an assembly of fruit in the form of a cat piled on top, clinging on for dear life.
    [ID]               [Org]             [Description]

29103          Public             a cat-on-a-log design catalogue

One down, one to go!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • The complete "careful what you wish for" design catalogue list for @Xenthos <3

29102 Public a sugar-frosted sheet cake design catalogue
    29103 Public a cat-on-a-log design catalogue
  • Reading catalogues made me realize that jewelleryboxes get no love! It's probably not on anyone's wishlist, but I might make some anyway.
  • Coraline said:
    Reading catalogues made me realize that jewelleryboxes get no love! It's probably not on anyone's wishlist, but I might make some anyway.
    I'd be willing to bet that anyone who cared enough about making them probably had a cartel to hide theirs in.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

Could stand to get more small tables and large tables, especially after they’ve gained sudden utility.
    Daraius said: