kmap: Mudlet mapper utility for Lusternia

KaiKai
edited August 2019 in Mechanic's Corner
I wrote a little utility to use with Mudlet's mapper. At the moment, all it does is allow for exporting/importing of single areas, but this will likely be extended upon in the future. You can download from DropBox here.

Usage:
Import the package, and Mudlet will create a new directory in your Lusternia profile, 
/profiles/Lusternia/kmap/kmap areas/

any areas exported will be saved in this folder as a .lua file. This file can be sent to anyone else with kmap, moved into the same directory, and imported to their map.

There are three aliases:
kmap export (areaID) (filename) - exports an area to external file, areaID must be a numeric ID which can be found by checking the mudlet mapper
                                   alias "area list". filename must be a single word, the area will be saved as <filename>.lua.

kmap import (filename) - imports an area from /kmap/kmap areas/<filename>.lua and merges it with the map. it would be wise to "map save" before
                           and after running this alias.

kmap - echos simplified version of above.

This has a lot of potential uses. You could map out a family manse, export it and share it with family members. Or map out your aethership with characters on rooms with modules and send it to anyone that might be flying on your ship. Or export areas that you've personally modified so you can easily import your changes if you update the map.

Hasn't been tested extensively, if you run into a bug please contact me either via the forums, in game (Kaiel), or via Discord (Cylon#2741).

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2019
    It gets my seal of approval!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2019
    Hey, I'm dumb so I haven't figured out how to update the game map without overwriting my personal maps. This module lets me stick Yantra and Erudio right back in my game after an update. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Made a small update to this, it now handles special exits correctly. Rejoice.