Godfather Arthur Pendragon Mafia!

PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
Welcome to Godfather Arthur Pendragon Mafia game, where knights and ladies murder each other. Remember that there are tons of sources on Arthur, and the whole thing was basically the medieval Justice League, so don't get too caught up on canonicity or even spelling of names. When in doubt, I followed Greg Stafford's wonderful Great Pendragon Campaign as my main source.

The Rules:

These are largely pillaged from mafia games back in the days of yore, with some additions.

Remember the basic rules: The town wants to eliminate all scum players. The scum players want to kill other players until they have half of the votes. Phases alternate between day and night. Players can vote one player out of the game each day, or vote not to eliminate anyone. Players use powers are night, and those powers include the scum being able to kill somebody!

1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. VOTE Portius)

2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.

3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.

4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.

5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.

6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 

7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.

8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)

9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.

10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.

11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.
12. Dayphases will last no longer than 72 hours. If three days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 24 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.

----------------

Come, knights! Arthur calls you to Camelot for the Christmas feast, where all of his vassals may meet and mingle. But beware, for many marvels happen during these feasts, and there is talk that treachery is afoot. It would not be the first such feast to see death, scandal, and outlawry.
Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited September 2019
    Ye Olde List of Players:

1. Zitto
    2. Sylandra
    3. Coraline
    4. Arix Lady Olwen, one-shot doctor, died N2
    5. Alexandria
    6. Chronas
    7. Choros Sir Sagramore, one-shot gladiator, lynched D2
    8. Ayisdra King Pellinore, one-shot tracker, died N1
    It is DAY ONE. The day ends at 8:30 PM EST on Saturday, September 7th.

LET THE MURDER-FEAST BEGIN!
  • Oh the first day is long! That's new! And hello, I hope we catch the bad guys and have a nice time!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Who would dare kill during Christmas Feast.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    'ello. Anyone else travel to Camelot by coconut?

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • HARK!  I am present, and ready to slaughter the vermin which oppose our lord Arthur.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited September 2019
    Sylandra said:

Unfortunately, my coconut is in the chop. I mean, the shop. But I still managed to get here just in time for the eating and merriment and surely that's the only thing that is going to happen at this time.
  • Whoops, already broke Rule #9 on accident. So in the interest of integrity, this is what I added:

"I'm definitely not going to be mistaken for Choros at any point in this game, no siree."
  • Chronas said:
    Whoops, already broke Rule #9 on accident. So in the interest of integrity, this is what I added:

"I'm definitely not going to be mistaken for Choros at any point in this game, no siree."
    peers at you through his visor
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Let's get down to brass tacks. If there is one thing I have learned studying the mafia greats, it is lynch early and lynch often. In the interest of rewarding her for teaching me this important lesson, I am going to:

Vote @Sylandra

Let us discuss, lords and ladies.
  • In perhaps another tradition of reading too much into things...  The opening post said we are knights. and yet @Choros goes and says he is a present. I would hope a mere present wouldn't be angry or jealous of our King Arthur to the point of wanting to kill him.

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Zitto)
  • Sylandra said:

Truly the only way to travel. 

Although Camelot is a very silly place.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Ayisdra said:
    In perhaps another tradition of reading too much into things...  The opening post said we are knights. and yet @Choros goes and says he is a present. I would hope a mere present wouldn't be angry or jealous of our King Arthur to the point of wanting to kill him.
    It is true that I was born a present. A gift to my family, as it were. But Arthur Pendragon hath knighted me many years ago in return for my service in his coconut grove, allowing his retinue to travel across Africa and Europe faster than a swallow.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Zitto said:
    Let's get down to brass tacks. If there is one thing I have learned studying the mafia greats, it is lynch early and lynch often. In the interest of rewarding her for teaching me this important lesson, I am going to:

Vote @Sylandra

Let us discuss, lords and ladies.

I say, that's quite unsportsmanlike. How unknightly of you! But given the small size of this game, a day one lynch is a possibility worth considering.

In that spirit, vote @Chronas for forgetting his coconuts. A true knight must always be prepared!

Anyway. Do we want to spend day 1 with any setup theory? I’m a little rusty with my King Arthur, but I know enough to have some thoughts on what roles or factions we might expect.

Also wow I forgot how much I hate forums on mobile. Apologies for the wonky quote box. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • vote none until I see something suspicious. It wouldn't be very knightly of me to doubt someone's honour like that with no proof!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Zitto)
    Chronas-1 (Sylandra)
    None-1 (Coraline)
  • Hello, I totally didn't forget I signed up for a game. I'm going to start off with vote: none for now

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Zitto)
    Chronas-1 (Sylandra)
    None-2 (Coraline, Arix)

It takes 5 votes to lynch!
  • Sylandra said:

Anyway. Do we want to spend day 1 with any setup theory? I’m a little rusty with my King Arthur, but I know enough to have some thoughts on what roles or factions we might expect.

For fluff, I think we're probably playing against Mordred/Morgan Le Fay but there's a long shot that Uther, Saxons, or the Orkney Clan are the villains. In terms of balance, I recall from previous games, particularly the cute animal mafia, that Portius tends to give everyone a power but makes most of them one-shots to balance them. I expect night one will be a flurry of activity and the rest of the game will be fairly power-limited. Finally, given the size of the game, I expect two members on the scum team.

Anyone else want to speculate?
  • I wouldn't want to be hasty, so I'm going to vote none for now. Odds are pretty high in favour of us accidentally lynching an innocent knight or something.

Two scum makes sense given the number of us.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Zitto)
    Chronas-1 (Sylandra)
    None-3 (Coraline, Arix, Alexandria)

• With two scum, I do also believe that we can survive a day without lynching someone, rather than killing one of our own.  Vote: None

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Zitto)
    Chronas-1 (Sylandra)
    None-4 (Coraline, Arix, Alexandria, Ayisdra)

• I, too, will err on the side of caution and vote none.

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Zitto)
    Chronas-1 (Sylandra)
    None-5 (Coraline, Arix, Alexandria, Ayisdra, Chronas)

That's a No Lynch!

The feast slows down for the evening and you haul your wine-sodden bottoms off to bed. Or to the garden for some courtly love, or the tourney field for love of battle. All very honorable pursuits.

It is now NIGHT ONE. The night ends at 5PM EST on Friday, September 6th.
    Night phase is over, am getting out messages in the near future.
    edited September 2019
    The sun rises, the rooster crows, and you all head out for the morning's hunt. You come across Ayisdra's corpse in the woods, surrounded by the shattered pieces of a lance.

Ayisdra was...King Pellinore!

FileFrancis Arthur Fraser - King Pellinore and the Damsel at the Well Book illustrationJPG

You are a king in your own right, but you are a companion of Arthur and owe fealty to him as the High King of the Britons. You have dedicated your life to the pursuit of the bizarre Questing Beast, and few things can tear you away from the hunt. On the other hand, that hunt often takes you precisely where you need to be to see interesting things and do great deeds.

Knight of the Round Table: You are one of Arthur's loyal followers. You win with the town!

The Hunt for the Questing Beast: You are a peerless hunter, and you often run into the most interesting people on your journey. Once per game, at night, you may TRACK X to see who that player targets at night, if anyone.
    -------------------
    This was no accident, but a murder most foul! Arthur calls his court together, demanding that each of you do your duty to find the false knights and blackguards that did this thing!

It is DAY TWO. The day ends at 6:00 PM EST on Monday, September 9th.

VOTES

None!

7 courtiers still live! It takes 4 votes to lynch!

Edit: Fixed end date. The 9th is on a Monday, not a Saturday.
  • Oh no! Who could have done this!
  • I was visited in the night, but it seems to have been the local historian