Godfather Arthur Pendragon Mafia!

Comments

• Well, that was rather abrupt.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Interesting. I too received a nightly visitor, but I am inclined to believe it was a benign one. Not sure it's a good time to give details or not, though.

(As grievous as the night has been, I'm a little relieved it's one death and not two. A serial killer in a game this small would be quite a pressure-cooker!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm going to claim as the investigator. I have memorized the great deeds of Arthur's Knights and can determine the allegiance of whoever I visit. I visited Arix last night to determine his allegiance and can confirm him as town. My power's one and done (This is why I suspect that Portius passed out many one-shot powers), so unfortunately I won't be able to repeat the investigation tonight.
  • right just now I don't have anyone I especially want to vote for, but I don't want to throw down a no-vote just yet
  • Arix said:
    right just now I don't have anyone I especially want to vote for, but I don't want to throw down a no-vote just yet
    I will absolutely riot if we no-vote today. If we vote today and we're wrong, we get one more shot to get it right tomorrow. If we skip today and get it wrong tomorrow, the game is over.
    As a reminder, we haven't heard from everyone yet - think we're just waiting for @Choros and @Chronas.

But I agree taking action today makes sense for the reasons Zitto states above.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • any suggestions, @Zitto ?
  • I am still thinking. I will have a suggestion tomorrow. I hope we hear from everyone before decision time comes, though.
  • No vote today would be far too much of a gamble. There's no point in handing the game to them for fear of action. I would definitely like to hear from the others again. 

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Two people who can visit during the night? Hrm....

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Oh, more posts. Ahem.

Two or more people who can visit during the night, interesting!
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • I feel like it's not a bad assumption to make that the scum has one killing role and one visiting role (if we go by the assumption of two scum)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I was not visited by anyone last night, nor did I leave my bedchamber.
  • the person that visited me was apparently a one-off

• I was not visited in my slumbers, either.

• @Sylandra, does your knowledge about your night visitor suggest anything we should consider that might narrow down the candidates?
    @Zitto considering most of the powers are one-shot, I'd rather not reveal what I suspect the power was. But it reads like a very pro-town ability, and no one has claimed it yet.

To be honest, I don't want to give the mafia information that can help them narrow down what to expect at night at not. I'd prefer to keep them guessing about what powers are still in play.

However, since Chronas has claimed they didn't leave their bedchamber to take an action, I can surmise that individual wasn't the figure who targeted me last night. So of the people that are quiet, I suppose I'd be most comfortable with Vote Chronas.
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Be aware that my first post this day said that the 9th was a Saturday. That is wrong. It is a Monday.

It is DAY TWO. The day ends at 6:00 PM EST on Monday, September 9th.

VOTES

Chronas-1 (Sylandra)

7 courtiers still live! It takes 4 votes to lynch!

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I think it might be a safe assumption to make that Zitto is telling the truth and he and Arix are town. Which would make the other 4 people part of my suspect list. I'll wait a little longer before accusing though.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Assumptions are never safe, but it is definitely a good starting point, at least.

• Sylandra said:
    @Zitto considering most of the powers are one-shot, I'd rather not reveal what I suspect the power was. But it reads like a very pro-town ability, and no one has claimed it yet.

To be honest, I don't want to give the mafia information that can help them narrow down what to expect at night at not. I'd prefer to keep them guessing about what powers are still in play.

However, since Chronas has claimed they didn't leave their bedchamber to take an action, I can surmise that individual wasn't the figure who targeted me last night. So of the people that are quiet, I suppose I'd be most comfortable with Vote Chronas.
    Your reasoning behind staying cagey about night event feels pro-town to me. I am not hard sold on Chronas, but I don't think we're going to get anything more solid today unless we push for a mass claim. We've got to take a shot at a lynch today, so unless something shakes things up, I'm going to trust your judgment and

Vote Chronas

VOTES

Chronas-2 (Sylandra, Zitto)

• *Chronas sighs, then opens the front of his cloak to reveal a belt fashioned from green fabric, which seems to shimmer supernaturally.*

This artifact will allow me to survive your lynching, but will leave me open and vulnerable to any attack from the persons who killed poor Ayisdra. I implore you to reconsider, because this belt also grants me protection to our opponents' attacks, and so I will have one more day to spend in service to the Court.

That being said, I do agree that a lynching is necessary if we are to narrow down our list of suspects. I vote Coraline.
  • Why Coraline?
  • Yeah, why me? :(

VOTES

Chronas-2 (Sylandra, Zitto)
    Coraline-1 (Chronas)

• I can't very well vote for myself, right? Nor should anyone, because you will only be confirming that I have the power to thwart death.
    Hm, that complicates things.

An immunity is a difficult claim because it can only be proven by testing it. Even if we don’t test it today, it’ll be difficult to verify Chronas’s alignment by his night actions or by his day behavior tomorrow.

In other words, it’s one of the more convenient scum claims, but it’s frustratingly just as likely a real townie claim.

I’ll echo the above posters. Why @Coraline? You had to have a reason for singling her out.
    Daraius said:
  • Chronas said:
    *Chronas sighs, then opens the front of his cloak to reveal a belt fashioned from green fabric, which seems to shimmer supernaturally.*

This artifact will allow me to survive your lynching, but will leave me open and vulnerable to any attack from the persons who killed poor Ayisdra. I implore you to reconsider, because this belt also grants me protection to our opponents' attacks, and so I will have one more day to spend in service to the Court.

That being said, I do agree that a lynching is necessary if we are to narrow down our list of suspects. I vote Coraline.
    The way you worded that was awkward, I'm assuming it's just a one-time avoidance of death. If that's the case, at least lynching you is less dangerous than randomly choosing someone like Coraline. It would be terribly silly of the scum to kill you tonight if you manage to survive a lynching. 

Vote Chronas.

• On the contrary: once I survive your lynching attempt, the murderers will be free to attack me and remove one more vote from the side of the town tomorrow. Lynching someone else today ensures that you have a townie voting tomorrow in your interests.

Also, I was under the impression that the townies, led by Sylandra and Zitto, did not want the day to pass without lynching someone randomly. I wasn't aware that a reason was necessary. Choosing to lynch one of the two people actively trying to narrow down our list of suspects would be foolish, which only left me with 3 possible choices and I chose at random.

If it reassures anyone, I will change my vote to none, and will vote with the rest of you. Again, I ask you to reconsider your target.