Godfather Arthur Pendragon Mafia!

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited September 2019
    Another night, another death. You find Arix dead outside the chapel, surrounded by bits of broken lance and with a dagger wound in his face. You really need to get to the bottom of this!

Arix was...Lady Olwen!

You are the beautiful daughter of the giant Ysbaddaden, wife to Sir Culhwch. You're a fairly minor character, but you must have been amazing because Culhwch did some incredible, dangerous things to marry you. He may have been cursed so that he could only love and marry you, but surely that was just a minor factor?

Knight of the Round Table: You are one of Arthur's loyal followers. You win with the town!

Proper Lady: You are a proper lady, one who knows all of the womanly arts of household management, weaving, and medicine. Once per game, at night, you may HEAL X to protect a player from nightkills.

----------

It is DAY THREE. The day ends at 12:15 AM EST on FRIDAY, September 13th.

VOTES

None!

5 courtiers still live! It takes 3 votes to lynch!
    ---------
    Edits: Assorted typos. I shouldn't post these this late.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Choros said:
    WHOA, WTF. 

Coraline said:
    I'm just gonna randomly vote Choros because @Choros hasn't spoken yet this day and I want to see what he has to say. 
    Uh, I was one of the first to comment on the morning of day 2. In fact, I posted twice. Thanks, guys, for not even checking to see if she was bullshitting you.
    Zero sympathy here. You signed up for the game and then disappeared for a couple of days. I know you're mad you get lynched, but that could have very easily been avoided if you had claimed and made your case. You had a power that sounds extremely town. Bailing on us was extremely anti-town, so save the sarcastic thanks for something that isn't the natural and reasonably predictable consequences of your actions.
  • Zitto said:
    Choros said:
    WHOA, WTF. 

Coraline said:
    I'm just gonna randomly vote Choros because @Choros hasn't spoken yet this day and I want to see what he has to say. 
    Uh, I was one of the first to comment on the morning of day 2. In fact, I posted twice. Thanks, guys, for not even checking to see if she was bullshitting you.
    Zero sympathy here. You signed up for the game and then disappeared for a couple of days. I know you're mad you get lynched, but that could have very easily been avoided if you had claimed and made your case. You had a power that sounds extremely town. Bailing on us was extremely anti-town, so save the sarcastic thanks for something that isn't the natural and reasonably predictable consequences of your actions.

I mean, ya'll literally lynched me between the time I went to bed Sunday night and the time I logged in Monday after I got off work. I had posted on Sunday.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Ignoring all the ghostly screams from beyond the grave... I woke up to giggling ladies telling me that people interested in courtly romance have been discussing me! Naturally
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Okay this might be ridiculous and has a strong chance to get me lynched but hear me out.

On Day 2, Zitto said that he has an investigative power that was one use only and that he confirms Arix as town. The next day Arix is killed, which conveniently proves him as "town". And this investigative ability is very conveniently  a one shot ability, meaning that no one can ask him to use it again.

This and the fact that he readily believed Sylandra as town when she only said she would rather not speak up about her nightly visit that night, but he would not buy Chronas' defence that he has an item that prevents him from being lynched and who also revealed his knightly name. Makes me think. Makes me wonder if Zitto and Sylandra are both scum and have been fooling us this whole time.

And now it's almost too late. Three town and two scum. 

I'm pretty sure saying this will get me lynched, but I'd rather you think about this first, @Chronas and @Alexandria

You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Aren’t you in a rush @Coraline? We need to think carefully about what we do today. The game can end if we mislynch here.

Anyway your facts are a little muddled. I didn’t trust @Chronas yesterday - @Zitto was the one who believed him and backed down. I only hopped trains after you pushed everyone to focus on @Choros.

We haven’t had a double claim on investigator, and it would be unusual for a game to go without this role. But I actually had my own reasons for believing Zitto!

I am Sir Galahad. I had a one shot watcher ability. I spent it on myself night one, and was targeted by the healer, which I knew to be Arix. I didn’t want the mafia to know the doctor was no longer in play. So I believed Zitto when he said Arix was town.

Here is what I want to know, Coraline. You said “conveniently one-shot power.” Is your power not one shot? Every power we have seen so far is, so I’m surprised you’d suggest that was unusual.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • When I voted up Choros, I actually didn't have the intention to get him lynched, I  only wanted to find out who he was suspecting, since everyone else had already voiced their suspicion. On Day 2, when Zitto told us he confirmed Arix as town, I believed him and narrowed down 4 suspects, and since I believed Chronas' claim (since it would take a very imaginative person to make all that up), I accused someone out of the other three, the one who was silent.

I have to go back and check if Ayisdra's ability was also something similar to the one that you are claiming, and I do agree that there has been no counter claim of investigator (if someone is investigator and is staying silent, please claim now!). 

As for my identity and power, I'm Sir Balin. I don't have a power, only a curse. Although I am the most virtuous Knight of the court, all knights will doubt my honour (I will investigate as scum). My curse is that I will not be believed, and it's something that I have to live with.

I suggested a one-shot power was convenient because no one will ask you to investigate again.
  • Okay I went back to check Ayisdra's ability and saw the role list again, which states all dead people's powers as one shot. I only checked the role given on death, so this will change some things.
  • Sorry for multiple post, but how did you know that it was a one shot power before he got killed?
  • Sylandra said:
    I am Sir Galahad. I had a one shot watcher ability. I spent it on myself night one, and was targeted by the healer, which I knew to be Arix. I didn’t want the mafia to know the doctor was no longer in play. So I believed Zitto when he said Arix was town.
    Are you saying your watcher ability allowed yourself to see who visited you and revealed their role? How did you know Arix was the healer?
    @Chronas a medical salve was left by my side. Most powers in this game have shown people seeing flavor text of being targeted. Both @Arix and @Coraline have confirmed this, and I claimed as much yesterday. My power itself only said that I saw Arix approach me that night.

Look at this another way. Has anyone else claimed seeing flavor text that would imply being targeted by the doctor ability?

As for @Coraline’s question, Zitto said his power was a one shot. I knew mine was a one shot. Ayisdra’s death flipped one shot. Looked like a pattern to me by that point.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I'm just gonna remind all y'all that rule five exists.

5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this
  • Based on everyone else's claims and the message I got last night, I'm assuming that my  visitor last night was @Alexandria. I don't know if that was a town power or a scum power. If it wasn't her, one of the other two claims are lying.
  • As before, I have not left my chambers any night. I also feel like I should point out that I haven't been visited by anyone either, at least not to my knowledge. I'm starting to feel left out!
  • Coraline said:
    Okay this might be ridiculous and has a strong chance to get me lynched but hear me out.

On Day 2, Zitto said that he has an investigative power that was one use only and that he confirms Arix as town. The next day Arix is killed, which conveniently proves him as "town". And this investigative ability is very conveniently  a one shot ability, meaning that no one can ask him to use it again.

This and the fact that he readily believed Sylandra as town when she only said she would rather not speak up about her nightly visit that night, but he would not buy Chronas' defence that he has an item that prevents him from being lynched and who also revealed his knightly name. Makes me think. Makes me wonder if Zitto and Sylandra are both scum and have been fooling us this whole time.

Sylandra already coveredwhat I'm going to say, but I figured I should answer to this directly anyway. I was the first to claim, and claimed investigator. That's a role that almost always exists, so it's an extremely high-risk move to fake that claim. Everyone else claimed after my claim and after I suggested that most abilities are one-shots, so everyone else has had more context to potentially fake claim. For further clarity, I am Sir Culhwch, and my investigative power derives from the fact that I memorized the knights of the realm and once repeated this list to Arthur from memory. My role did not come with knowledge that Arix's role was my wife.

Second, killing confirmed town is pretty standard mafia strategy. We weren't going to lynch Arix, so killing him makes sense. It leaves us with choices we're conflicted about rather than someone we're confident in.

Third, you have your facts a little wrong about the order of events. I was the first to back down after Chronas's claim. I found the belt pretty convincing, unvoting when Chronas claimed it and switching my vote to Choros when Chronas claimed identity.

Speaking of claiming, I think it's time for Alexandria to claim. So far, claims are:

@Zitto, Culhwch, investigator - unproven
    @Sylandra, Galahad, tracker - unproven
    @Coraline, Balin, cursed - unproven
    @Arix, Olwen, doctor, - proven
    @Alexandria- No claim
    @Chronas, Gawain, immunity - unproven
    @Choros, Sagramore, duel, - proven
    @Ayisdra, Pellinore, tracker, - proven

For clarity - @Zitto I claimed watcher, not tracker. @Ayisdra was tracker.

Trackers follow an individual and see who they target at night.

Watchers camp at someone’s location and see who targets them at night.

Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    For clarity - @Zitto I claimed watcher, not tracker. @Ayisdra was tracker.

Trackers follow an individual and see who they target at night.

Watchers camp at someone’s location and see who targets them at night.

My mistake, sorry.

We're not tight on time yet, but to get this ball rolling towards its inevitable conclusion, I am going to go ahead and

Vote @Alexandria

VOTES

Alexandria-1 (Zitto)

• 5 courtiers... 2 are mafia...if we lynch town today we lose. 

Say something @Alexandria!
    I'm fine with lynching @Alexandria on the basis of being the last to claim and the least active, but would prefer she speak first given it's lynch or lose. Her claims gives us a more complete picture of what's happening.

I'm inclined to agree with @Coraline that, since no one is claiming an ability that sounds like what she's claiming happened to her last night, it's very likely Alexandria's power is the one in question.

Coraline, what did the power seem like? Gossiping ladies? Did they do anything in particular?

FoS Alexandria in the meantime.
    Daraius said:
  • I just realized that with 2/5 scum players, one wrong vote is enough to let them hammer, so I will

Unvote
    edited September 2019

VOTES
    None!

• Since I can't quote mod pm I'll paraphrase: giggling ladies filled me in on the latest gossip after I woke up, because people with an interest in courtly romance had been discussing me.
  • Guys, I'm sorry. I was having browser issues before work and just got home and restarted the computer!

I'll admit it. I visited @Coraline last night. I am Lady Isolde! I tried to block her - I didn't entirely trust her after yesterday's events and was trying to avoid the situation that happened. Bad guess. :( It was a one-shot though, so I'm all out of luck and ideas for the moment. I'mma read back up here in a minute and see if I had any more ideas though.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

Hm, interesting. If this is true, then we can presume that @Coraline didn’t take an action and that @Alexandria didn’t target Arix last night.

And if we rule out Zitto for being investigator, that means either @Chronas (or me, since only I can confirm my town alignment) committed last night’s murder... or Coraline and/or Alexandria are lying.

None of our claims can be verified, which puts us in a pretty high risk lynch. Of these options, I am inclined to trust my gut from yesterday and lynch Chronas. But I will hold off voting for a bit so everyone can discuss this new information first.
    Daraius said:
  • At this point, I'm really wondering if there's only one scum or if there are 2 scum.

Our best bet is to comb through everyone's claims and try to look at each of them objectively.

Zitto: claims investigator (one shot). Used power on Arix N1 and confirmed him as town. Arix was town. No counter claims.

Sylandra: claims watched (one shot). Used power on herself N1. Saw Arix visiting her through watcher ability. Woke up to medicine tablets left by her side. Did not reveal this initially to hide the fact from scum that doctor used his one shot ability.

Chronas: has immunity belt. Can either use it to save himself from lynch once or use it at night to protect him (he didn't say if his night protection ability is one shot or not).

Me: town who investigates as scum. Was visited by giggling ladies telling me gossip in the morning about discussion about me from people interested in courtly romance on N2.

Alexandria: claims to have visited me on N2. Claims that this ability was a one shot roleblock ability. No one else claimed this ability before she spoke up and everyone else had already claimed something else. 

My perspective: I

know that I'm a town that investigates as scum. Since there was no counter claim to investigator and it would be strange to give me such an ability in a game with no investigator, this means Zitto is proven town. 

Alexandria visited me which was a roleblock and it matches with everything I saw when N2 ended. No counter claims - meaning that she was telling the truth about visiting me and she isn't a killing role. Confirms her as town as well.

This would turn my suspicion to Sylandra or Chronas or both.

------------

Okay, tell me if I misrepresented anything or if I missed anything. And then we can go from here.
    I would be very surprised if only one scum was in play in a game of this size. It would be pretty town biased if so.

Generally, only one scum can traditionally complete the nightkill. Other scum sometimes have secondary abilities, like consigliere (aka mafia investigator). 

So assuming two mafia exist, one of them didn’t commit the kill last night - meaning they either did nothing or used a mafia power.
    Daraius said:
  • It sounds like there is consensus suspicion of Chronas. My believing him was on the basis of "This sounds like something Portius would make the basis of a power but obscure enough that it's a long-shot that a player would", but that's obviously not anywhere near bulletproof logic. I am thinking that the villains may not be the traditional Mordred/Morgan Le Fay type, but a discontent faction at court, so being a knight/lady is not at all a disqualifier for being a villain.
  • @Sylandra, I am going to bet the game on my read that you are town. I'll follow your vote.