Gaudiguch and its state

So for a long time I have been against making a whiny post about this but on the other hand I don't see any other way to bring this grievance forward without doing so.

Since I returned to Lusternia I have had this feeling Gaudiguch is not really getting any share of the pie that is being served in Lusternia. I am not really talking about PVP but more the admin attentions other organizations do get.

Gaudiguch has had a 2 year long impotent cosmic class the illuminati that never got the additions that were the condition for the envoy report that gutted it. Likewise our monks (like those of Hallifax) are utter crap compared to the 4 original monk classes. And while I could deal with somewhat since PVP isn't even my main focus we get to top this of with the fact that except for like 3 weeks in 3 years, we see little to no of the divine interaction or npc interaction that we see in the other organisations.

When we do get 'divine' interaction we are a plot device for another org and we get the bare minimum namely hasty request on a city aether, no appearances, no conversations, no answers to prayers. We have a backlog of patron requests but it seems our only divine, who we had very little interaction with and whose order never was set up, is reassigned with out so much as a goodbye to us.

So my question to the admins of this game is this: Should the players of Gaudiguch still bother? Is the fact you guys don't want to do RP stuff for us something we did or didn't do? 

Comments

• In my experience while moving my character to Gaudiguch, my experience from the other players there has been very positive. I learned a lot of stuff about the game that I didn't previously know about, met a lot of new friends and felt generally accepted and welcomed. 

Having said this, one thing that I did notice was the lack of spontaneous NPC interaction or Divine interaction (except during game wide events). I understand that the divine patron had been busy with RL stuff during the time I moved. But when I played in Serenwilde, or when I had my alt in Hallifax, there were many times where I got pleasantly surprised by an NPC interacting or responding to something I said very much by chance, even during times that no event was happening.

Now, I'm not very good at RP, and speaking to a God/interacting with them can sometimes be intimidating, but it would still be nice and fun if we got a little of such interaction too, because it sounds like the people from other orgs really do have fun with them, based on the Raves thread!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Coraline said:
    In my experience while moving my character to Gaudiguch, my experience from the other players there has been very positive. I learned a lot of stuff about the game that I didn't previously know about, met a lot of new friends and felt generally accepted and welcomed. 

Having said this, one thing that I did notice was the lack of spontaneous NPC interaction or Divine interaction (except during game wide events). I understand that the divine patron had been busy with RL stuff during the time I moved. But when I played in Serenwilde, or when I had my alt in Hallifax, there were many times where I got pleasantly surprised by an NPC interacting or responding to something I said very much by chance, even during times that no event was happening.

Now, I'm not very good at RP, and speaking to a God/interacting with them can sometimes be intimidating, but it would still be nice and fun if we got a little of such interaction too, because it sounds like the people from other orgs really do have fun with them, based on the Raves thread!
    I've had exactly the same thoughts from the Glomdoring end of the pond; almost all our stuff for a long time has been player-driven.  It's worked out, but there's always something Extra Special about the divine popping in to play with you.  It's why we're so excited to have Nocht playing with us during this RP arc. <3
  • I was in the same boat for a bit, reasoning why I moved to Glomdoring was for more RP interaction and seeing as Glom is where Kreon hasn't been I wanted to try something new. Spending about 8 RL years in Celest I got a bit tired of the same thing Light vs Taint, so I wanted a new perspective instead of going back to Hallifax or Serenwilde. I could've shook everything up and go Mag :D and get that whole corrupt angel persona going on but something like terrible needs to happen to Kreon like Petala or something. o:)
  • I never felt lacking in Gaudiguch in that regard, but I guess I also never sought out those sorts of interactions on the regular either.

Other than that, I'll just say I really got a lot out of the few experiences I had.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    This seems like a consequence of Lusternia asking a shitload of its volunteers and never having quite enough at any given moment who aren’t burned to husks. Another one of those cyclical things. I feel for Gaudi.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ein was cool, if you could get him to rp with you. I really wish I could have seen more of him and that crazy aetherwhale.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Illuminati isn't impotent, what the hell. It has insane room control, the best (or second best, competing with SD's is hard) ent lineup in the game, absolutely amazing utility, fusion, and a somewhat harder time than before getting solo kills.
  • Kalnid said:
    Illuminati isn't impotent, what the hell. It has insane room control, the best (or second best, competing with SD's is hard) ent lineup in the game, absolutely amazing utility, fusion, and a somewhat harder time than before getting solo kills.
    Illuminati was supposed to be the solo kill class of Gaudiguch. The only time an Illuminati will solo kill now is with astrology when a bunch of stars decide to line up, you happen to be outdoor and your enemy is kind enough to not react properly to meteor.

I have consulted for illum tactics with some of the best pvp players this game has had, and they all started out with the idea it is fine and after actual testing came back yeah you guys need fixing.

The main point about it was though two other orgs received their org synergy pass but because gaudi was allied with glom we were overlooked and never even received the upgrades that where the excuse for nerfing in the first place. (Though I guess it is hard to defend their less passive more active insanity stance after doing the exact opposite in said synergy passes)

But my main issue in this topic remains the general lack of admin attention be it in coding or RP or building (patron request) department
  • I think I have stopped asking for patron requests and poke the ones I have occasionally every three months or so - out of habit more than anything.

Even when Gods do appear in Gaudi we brace ourselves for disappointment from Day 1 and stare enviously at those citites with two.

We all just adopt favourite gods from other cities (<3 @Isune and @Drocilla) and mutter about those cities that get not one but two active gods.

The only time we ever had any real interaction I would say was the cat Spatula! And I am sure he was just there to make sure we behaved as we were ripping ourselves apart.

@Esoneyuna .... I have a cunning plan!
  • Kistan said:
    I think I have stopped asking for patron requests and poke the ones I have occasionally every three months or so - out of habit more than anything.

Even when Gods do appear in Gaudi we brace ourselves for disappointment from Day 1 and stare enviously at those citites with two.

We all just adopt favourite gods from other cities (<3 @Isune and @Drocilla) and mutter about those cities that get not one but two active gods.

The only time we ever had any real interaction I would say was the cat Spatula! And I am sure he was just there to make sure we behaved as we were ripping ourselves apart.

@Esoneyuna .... I have a cunning plan!
    Make Ianir bring back Spatula and make it our Lord and Master ?
  • Ein is a lot of fun and a great character. I'd guess some of the issue is down to timezones.
  • Kistan said:

Gee, I can't fathom why your Pantheon is so inactive...

• Well its fine IG - its just we can never participate in the Forum Thanks for the RP section where it seems compulsory to name check a god.
  • edited September 2019
    Posters in Revelry guildleaders office says:

"A bad day in Gaudiguch is better than a day pampered by gods in Hallifax"

"Being a Gaudiguchian means never having to check RPWHO"
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2019
    Synl said:
    Maligorn said:
    Kistan said:

Yea, why can't you guys just adopt a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and try harder? That's all you need!
    Yeah, there's a difference between telling an org with Nihilists vs an org with Shadowdancers to be positive in the face of skewed PK as opposed to telling players to not being a self-fulfilling prophecy as far as divine interaction goes. But if false equivalence floats your boat...

My experience (very limited, so take with a grain of salt) is that Gaudiguch is hugely apathetic and trying to get anything started there is going to be met with a "meh" or a "why?" or a "that's stupid". One day, apathy began being the "cool" thing to do there and it's suffered since.

• edited September 2019
    In my (probably also limited) experience, this is very untrue. People there have always shown a willingness to teach, make you feel like a part, and quick to reward in terms of culture/designing/participation etc. 

I had a book sitting in Serenwilde that was submitted to the library when my character was 23 and it only got published fairly recently (it sat there for more than an IG decade). A similar thing happened with my alt in Hallifax too, where I had to contest the librarian position to finally get it published. It was a very different experience when I moved. Admittedly, there was a population slump the time in those two orgs. And we are currently in a population slump as well. This is also just my perspective and just like any other person's perspective,  has a tendency to be biased.

Edit: because of terrible sentence structure
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Maligorn said:
    Synl said:
    Maligorn said:
    Kistan said:

Yea, why can't you guys just adopt a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and try harder? That's all you need!
    Yeah, there's a difference between telling an org with Nihilists vs an org with Shadowdancers to be positive in the face of skewed PK as opposed to telling players to not being a self-fulfilling prophecy as far as divine interaction goes. But if false equivalence floats your boat...

My experience (very limited, so take with a grain of salt) is that Gaudiguch is hugely apathetic and trying to get anything started there is going to be met with a "meh" or a "why?" or a "that's stupid". One day, apathy began being the "cool" thing to do there and it's suffered since.
    I am assuming you are not talking about things like culture and stuff, if you were Cora’s answer applies. If you mean RPing wise, it depends on what you want to do. The only people I generally give a meh reply are people who log in after long absences or new alts coming around declaring how things should be done or alliances should be changed. This has to do with a well known event that happened in Gaudiguch.
  • Gaudiguch had one of the most rp-rich divine (Mysrai) for a long time, one of the most sought after divine (Crumkane) for a short while, a divine that would drink you under the table (Kalikai) a few times, and a really interesting but underdeveloped divine (Ein) that seems absent but may just be working behind the scenes on stuff. I know it sucks, but be patient. Ya'll deserve a good divine.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Pssst bring back Crumkane
  • Choros said:
    Gaudiguch had one of the most rp-rich divine (Mysrai) for a long time, one of the most sought after divine (Crumkane) for a short while, a divine that would drink you under the table (Kalikai) a few times, and a really interesting but underdeveloped divine (Ein) that seems absent but may just be working behind the scenes on stuff. I know it sucks, but be patient. Ya'll deserve a good divine.
    “Gaudí gods are great!

Mysrai was well developed and appealing to all!
    Crumkane was a very sought out God!
    Yomoigu
    Ein was fantastic if not just fleshed out!”

poor yomo gets no love
  • All the Gaudi Gods were great!

Mysrai was complex and mysterious.
    Crumkane was creative and shiny.
    Kalikai was friendly and inspiring.
    Yomoigu.
    Ein thought outside the box.

(I really just never spent any time with Yomoigu, and forgot about him :(  )

• Nocht said:
    So I'd like to preface this by saying: 1. I don't consider your post whiny, and we definitely get your frustration. 2. Anything that follows is meant to try and explain where we stand. It is not meant to shut anyone down or imply that you shouldn't ever raise concerns. 3. The fact that we're all on here reading/arguing/raving about this tiny text game speaks to how much we all love Lusternia. While I don't expect everyone to join hands and become best friends, I think it's important to keep that in mind moving forward in discussing the game!

Gaudiguch hasn't done anything wrong. There has been a bit of shuffling in the Havens which I won't delve into all the details of since some of it is just not my business to share. That this has left Gaudi with no active divine really just comes to bad luck. It's not intentional. I know this is especially disappointing with Ein, and if we could have seen the future we would have planned things out differently.

We are a small group of volunteers in a small game with limited time and resources. Unfortunately, there's just an upper limit on how much we can do, and that upper limit is not evenly distributed because we're all at different skill levels. My entire time in Lusternia has been me being amazed at how talented other admin (and players) are with writing and creativity. So it's not really that some orgs are favoured over others so much that some orgs are just lucky to have an admin that has more time or can work a little faster than others.

As for combat balance, I can't speak on that much as I'm not involved. I do know that our coders work crazy hard though, and that even in big AAA titles balance is a constant battle of adjustments over time.

Gaudi will eventually have an active divine again. What can you do in the meantime? There's always applying to be an ephemeral, but I understand that's definitely not for everyone. Beyond that, just be patient with us. Keep giving us feedback! Turn on that RPWHO! Also, while the benefit of an active divine is undeniable, don't discount how much you all can do as players! We've seen some recent awesome logs from @Lief and @Gurashi showing inter-org roleplay, and I've heard some awesome stories about Hallifax's DnD play as an example!
    While I understand you can't say why they are shuffling, it is a bit hard to swallow that admin duties which are inherently OOC would prevent gods being distributed at least evenly for the RP role. I could have understood if there was only 1 god in every org and one falls away we would be without, but there are orgs with multiple active divine so I don't see why one of those could not have been shuffled to Gaudiguch since you guys are shuffling anyway. 

If English wasn't my 4th language born from tech manuals and tv I would probably go for eph. But as it stands I can't even make a decent forging design or emote without boring people to death and I need  dictionary for half the things Dys tells me. It is also why it often takes me 5 minutes to respond to some RP things. Anyway as it stands I think we can safely say if we want the things the others are getting we have to move out of Gaudiguch, because while I adore @Gurashi he can't do patron requests.
  • I understand that prepping an ephemeral/admin to take over the role of a God can take a couple of weeks at least, but in the meantime we would be happy if we even just had an admin/God in the background taking care of the backlog of guild/city patron requests.
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring
    edited September 2019
    Admin duties have no impact on why anyone takes a particular role. Sorry if I made it seem that way. Gods aren't ever forced into roles as that's a recipe for burnout and just leaving. Admin aren't forced out of or into their roles really because if you're going to take on all the work that goes into it, you really need to be enthusiastic about your role.

We definitely will try to address the backlog. I just wanted to make it clear that it's not like we're sitting on a mountain of resources, and are just ignoring Gaudiguch out of disinterest or spite!

• DysDys
    edited September 2019
    I appreciate the rapid response from you all. Patron requests answered and a fun event. Thank you!

Though poor Esoneyuna had to sleep and missed it :/