Logical Shadow, Piercing Light

Following @Gurashi's chat with @Lief, we spoke as well... It yielded interesting results.

https://pastebin.com/tgLsydK0

pronouns: they/them

Comments

• edited September 2019
    I LOVED this interaction, @Esei!

Here is some bonus content/dlc:

You read what is written on an elegant white letter:
    To Awanydd Lief of the Serenwilde,
    While I know that it is quite unlikely for someone of the Glomdoring to reach out to one of the Serenwilde after an event such as this, I would like to give you my condolences. I understand that you may not want them, but I extend them regardless.
    We assaulted the Lady of Serenity's Realm at the bidding of Lord Nocht, but I heard Shashi call out for his eggs. I hope that they are all well - children do not deserve harm upon them, no matter who they are related to or whomever they may be aligned to. I did not realize that he was an expecting father. I am sorry.
    My sincerest apologies,
    Proselyte Esei of the Ascending Dusk.
    An elegant white letter is holding:
    Nothing.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Lief wrote back on stationery redolent with peach blossoms:
    To Esei of the Ascending Dusk,

Shashi would have agreed with you, I think. I was initially surprised to learn how dearly he holds life, and how eager he was to help raise these children himself. He insisted upon it, in fact. His children were so very dearly loved.

We were all so excited for him to realize his dream of fatherhood. We wrote him poetry, and showered him with trinkets and gifts any expectant father might like. He enjoyed cake most of all.

He did not enjoy eating your gift of the folded wyrden blossom, though. Vellum isn't quite so sweet, I think, but peacocks will eat nearly anything anyway.

-+-+-

I had hoped you might hear the message of the flowers enclosed within my earlier letter before choosing to do anything drastic. Have you considered them now? Can you hear what they may be saying?

-+-+-

Know that we can control no other person's actions. We can only control our own. Our regrets are our own. My regrets - and your own.

Lief Myeras-Silvermoon
    Phrase of Serenity
    You read what is written on a pure black letter:
    To Lief of the Serenwilde,

I'm afraid that the Glomdoring is my home. While I do appreciate your earnest attempts at swaying me, it's best if I stayed here. Your origami were very beautiful, though. May your strife ease sooner rather than later. I do hate to see others suffer, even though I helped in causing it. Perhaps we can meet and talk about it on relatively neutral territory, find an alternative solution, apart from the Divine whose calls we answer and the forests we hold allegiances to?

Esei of the Glomdoring.
    A pure black letter is holding:
    Nothing.
    (I forget the stationery I used - possibly peach blossom again, possibly dancing koi)
    Esei,

One needn't belong to the Serenwilde Commune to contemplate the lessons of the flowers around us. They do not exist for mere ornamentation: they, too, are living things, with spirits who can talk and laugh and play. Granted, my origami creations are mere shadows at best, but creation of any sort is a reflection of the truth it seeks to emulate.

One doesn't need to dwell with the memories of the First Forest to have a memory at all. The past is a complicated matter woven together from many different lives, their threads, their colours, their perspectives.

I'm uncertain we can find a solution for what has happened. The Silent Lord has taken something far more precious than an item - He has permanently severed a life from this world, and so has robbed more than just my Lady in His quest for vengeance. And yet you do not delight in what has passed.

For that reason, I would talk with you. It's entirely impossible for me to sever my perspective from my Lady's, as I am of Her beautiful, colorful essence. However, if we should talk, I hope you will find a person standing before you and not a zealot. It was, after all, She who painted the nightshade and the oleander, the henbane and the foxglove, and She who gave form to the very first rose.

Thorns and all.

Is there a place you have in mind for meeting?

Lief Myeras-Silvermoon
    You read what is written on a sheet of wyrden rose pressed stationery:
    Lief,

We could meet in Faethorn, if that pleases you. I believe that it would be best there, as it has always been neutral territory between us to my recollection. You are right, at least, about the past. We cannot change it either, even if we wish we could.

Esei.
    A sheet of wyrden rose pressed stationery is holding:
    Nothing.
    Esei,

Faethorn is a lovely idea, but I'm uncertain I'd call it neutral territory. Would you be able to guarantee my safety there? I have been attacked there in the past for enjoying the upside-down trees, and I've recently been attacked upon elemental planes. I'm not certain I wouldn't make a tempting target for being unskilled in warfare, and I swore a promise to my Lady.

My father, Elarin, has a lovely pocket of aetherspace filled with gardens and trees. It might seem less neutral at a glance to meet there, being a space belonging to a member of the Wilde, but if you think it appropriate, I will ask his permission.

There is a beautiful rose garden there. The flowers bloom in other colors, not black, but perhaps you might enjoy it nonetheless.

Please let me know your thoughts, or if you've an alternative in mind yourself.

Lief
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • I'm still laughing about him eating my origami, I really didn't know he'd do that.

• More bonus content/dlc:

a painting of Pride
    This abstract painting depicts a peacock, positioned protectively over a nest. Ribbons of rainbow-colored lights illuminate him and stream away from him. His head is held high and his feathers are spread wide, like a flower in bloom. Shadowy hands clutch at his feathers, appearing to pull them taut. A few feathers have drifted to the ground below, having sunk into the ground.
    It has 250 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 37 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Proselyte Esei, of the Ascending Dusk.
    It has the following aliases: painting.

-------------------------------------------

12:54:13 Esei brushes some of the willow's leaves absentmindedly. "I extend the same to you and your people," Esei says. "But... we are the Glomdoring. I cannot speak for all, but we are known as the Forest without mercy." She pauses, letting out a low hum. "Good luck to you, Awanydd."

You think to yourself: Knowing and feeling mercy...knowing and feeling forgiveness...these are great gifts. Healing gifts.

-------------------------------------------

I had such a blast, thank you again!  <3
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • edited September 2019
    An unsent letter:

You read what is written on a chain letter:
    [Lief],

My monthly rests have been disturbed as of late. I cannot tell you why
    over a letter, much less with you being who you are. It perturbs me
    despite this. I do not know if you are experiencing much of the same - I
    doubt it. My Forest's Patron is more harmed than He lets on, and I am
    afraid it is your Lady who was the cause.

[Esei]

• One thing I noticed - Lief's letters are usually longer and winding, while Esei's are short and to the point as close as possible. I'm unsure as to what Lief's class is, but Esei and Lief's races are native to the other's Forest and I find that great symbolism. Probably looking way too into it but super cool stuff to analyze! Lief's kind of an expert manipulator too, even if she doesn't do it on purpose.

(That second? letter from Lief was dancing koi by the by!)

• Esei said:
    One thing I noticed - Lief's letters are usually longer and winding, while Esei's are short and to the point as close as possible. I'm unsure as to what Lief's class is, but Esei and Lief's races are native to the other's Forest and I find that great symbolism. Probably looking way too into it but super cool stuff to analyze! Lief's kind of an expert manipulator too, even if she doesn't do it on purpose.

Oh it's not looking too deeply into it to analyze things. I dig that sort of character analysis.

Lief is a Spiritsinger who used to be a Druid - she heard the songs of the Forest and now wants to put word to them. <3 Esei is a wiccan, right? 
    ~
    ~
  • Lief said:
    Esei said:
    One thing I noticed - Lief's letters are usually longer and winding, while Esei's are short and to the point as close as possible. I'm unsure as to what Lief's class is, but Esei and Lief's races are native to the other's Forest and I find that great symbolism. Probably looking way too into it but super cool stuff to analyze! Lief's kind of an expert manipulator too, even if she doesn't do it on purpose.

Oh it's not looking too deeply into it to analyze things. I dig that sort of character analysis.

Lief is a Spiritsinger who used to be a Druid - she heard the songs of the Forest and now wants to put word to them. <3 Esei is a wiccan, right? 
    Yes yes! She's a Shadowdancer who rarely uses her fae.

• Esei said:
    Lief said:
    Esei said:

Yes yes! She's a Shadowdancer who rarely uses her fae.
    There's totally a dichotomy there, too, between wiccan/druid! Just because she's no longer a Hartstone doesn't mean she's forgotten her beliefs and all she had done and learned as one. (Literally. I have those skills dormant.)
    ~
    ~