Simple Ideas

Comments

• Ani said:
    Remove the limit of lessons learnt at one time (currently only 100 lessons can be learnt in a skill at one time).

So, say I want to max Arts, we can go LEARN 910 ARTS FROM MIAKODA > it'll still give us the learning walkthrough text, but just the once and we'll have the whole skillset, rather than having to sit here for a long time and have the same text over and over!
    Yes please. Starmourn did that and it only means we can enjoy the game sooner.
  • Adjust Serenwilde power quest to work like this:

1. Greet Miakoda once
    2. Miakoda asks you in a tell how many leaves you'd like.
    3. You tell back with a specific number and receive if applicable, else up to whatever cap might be allowed.

• Ani said:
    Remove the limit of lessons learnt at one time (currently only 100 lessons can be learnt in a skill at one time).

So, say I want to max Arts, we can go LEARN 910 ARTS FROM MIAKODA > it'll still give us the learning walkthrough text, but just the once and we'll have the whole skillset, rather than having to sit here for a long time and have the same text over and over!
    You can learn 100 lessons at a time now? Wow! But yes, if you can do it at 100, more shouldn't be any different.
  • SNUB showing not only who you’re snubbing but who is snubbing you
  • Aruokei said:
    SNUB showing not only who you’re snubbing but who is snubbing you
    Yeah, that would be handy, especially with people around who are snubbing for strange reasons, and making combat communication more difficult than it needs to be.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• You know what'd be nice? If "wonder" was added as a noun for all wonderitems so you can reference them on ii without remembering what the current transformations look like.

Not that I'm afraid of ever transforming my items off of the base appearance, lest I forget which ones I already have. Definitely nothing like that on my mind.

• What if designing generated family honour!

(Pleeeease)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    What if designing generated family honour!

(Pleeeease)
    Totally on board with this! It generates org points, so it reflects well on the family if you're listed as a designer!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Give aethership related items (room boxes, modules, artifacts) a goop price (and keeping their gold/credit prices too)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2019
    2019/08/22 16:27:14 - Hallifax has scored 5 points - Submitted a public design

Would it be possible for this message to contain the information that designers/trademasters get when a design is approved? For instance:

2019/08/22 16:27:14 - Hallifax has scored 5 points - Daraius's public design #29024 of the solar plexus chakra in radiant yellow was approved.

Probably just a Hallifaxian problem, but it would cut down on our bookkeeping if the orgpoints message were more detailed.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited August 2019
    We try to record it in the city log but... this year in particular we had so many go through in a short time we're trying to sort out whose is whose.   :D
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2019
    There was an envoy report up to do just that.  Not enough people voted to support it, alas.

Glomdoring currently handles it by having the trademaster write the designer & design info to the log, but it is an annoying extra step that seems totally unnecessary.  The game already has all the information, just does not display it.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Xenthos said:
    There was an envoy report up to do just that.  Not enough people voted to support it, alas.

Glomdoring currently handles it by having the trademaster write the designer & design info to the log, but it is an annoying extra step that seems totally unnecessary.  The game already has all the information, just does not display it.
    Was there a reason people didn't want to support it, or was it just overlooked? Asking out of genuine curiosity.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited August 2019
    Sylandra said:
    Xenthos said:

Was there a reason people didn't want to support it, or was it just overlooked? Asking out of genuine curiosity.
    It was up during the last round of envoy reports.  I thought it had enough to pass so I stopped prodding people to support it.  Basically everyone else seemed to stop checking reports at all because they were getting shut down anyways.  Despite its QOL nature it was left rejected.  But at least now it got partially implemented anyways so I am happy!
    The other two parts of it were: Including the author / name of published books, and the director / name of plays.
    edited August 2019
    Unsure how "simple" this is, but got the idea from how wondercrystal purchases are done for demigods.  It is for addressing the essence soft cap.
    Would it be possible to add a new demi power that is essentially a "level" power?  It does not need to have any real mechanical effect (maybe 5 bound credits each time you buy it, if it needs anything at all).
    Would cost 10m for level 1, 20 mil for level 2, up to 100 mil for level 10.  Each level after that costing 100 million without a cap.
    Then sort exp rankings by this level power and essence totals.  If two people are at level 2, they get first and second (sorted by their current essence values).  Then everyone at level 1 follows.  Then all demis after that who have not bought a level at all, sorted by current essence (just like now).
    At that point you give people something to spend essence on, without going back to the days of people potentially having enough to break the game.  Those who want to compete for grinding can.  A completely different way of thinking about it vs. past ideas (%age drains ensuring that people never get "too much").
  • A "refrigerator" : works like a cabinet works for clothing, you can store food without it decaying.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    A "refrigerator" : works like a cabinet works for clothing, you can store food without it decaying.
    This existed as an auction artifact (a temporal freezer).
    Til then you could add it to your defup alias.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

• Lief said:
    I don't know how much other people would be game for this, or if I'm missing something that would keep it on, but if I'm not, could RPWHO be made a configurable option instead of RPWHO ON? I'd love to have it permanently on for Lief but have a habit of forgetting to put it back up.
    I do what Daraius suggested. As soon as I DEFUP2 I'm RPWHOin'!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Make rp who give you a charisma boost and make checks with Divine less nerve wracking
    Like every other defense in your defup alias, RPWHO ON prepares you to engage with enemies.
    I used to make cakes.

• My thought on RPWHO is that it's not meant as a flag saying "I'm roleplaying!" in the way that some games have PK character and non-PK character flags. Every character in Lusternia is a roleplaying character, that's part of the whole thing.

It's more useful as a statement more in line with "I'm open for a long, involved rp scene right now", I think. In other words, any time I'm logged on I'm open to rp interactions, but often times I don't have the time or energy to set down an hour+ long scene or serious interaction. Sometimes I might if approached, but not always. If I have RPWHO ON it's because I'm ready for it, I'm looking for capital R capital P RolePlaying.

I worry a bit that if it's a standard configuration that just keeps it on in the background constantly it will come to be more of the former "I'm an rp character" type flag by new players.
    I agree with every character is an rp character.  Having the flag on 24/7 is probably not the right way to use it unless you plan to drop whatever you are doing 24/7 when someone wants to interact with you.
    I mostly have looked at it as a "Please feel free to interrupt me, I would prefer to RP with you vs. what I am currently doing," where the "you" could be anyone in the game regardless of org.  There are plenty of people who RP who do not use the rpwho flag, so I don't think there is a great deal of danger for people going "oh these are the only rpers."
  • That makes sense! I don't know if other people use it this way, but I view people who have RPWHO on as being down for roleplay cross orgs/enemies myself. Saying "Hi! If you like, I would be open to RP with literally anyone!"

Some people play characters who are more likely to attack an enemy/treat an interaction as hostile requiring PvP and are just more comfortable RPing in their own org unless something BIG warrants their attention and putting aside weapons. Which I think is perfectly valid, but those are the sort of people I would not likely have Lief reach out to unless she were feeling brave or dumb.

People with RPWHO ON might be an enemy and get an unsolicited interaction from me. Org members get those interactions unsolicited regardless. :D
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • edited September 2019
    Daraius said:
    Like every other defense in your defup alias, RPWHO ON prepares you to engage with enemies.
    *aggressively stares at Lief, Trahey and Nyana*
    @Xenthos said: 
    Having the flag on 24/7 is probably not the right way to use it unless you plan to drop whatever you are doing 24/7 when someone wants to interact with you.

...you actually have a really good point. I tend to put it on every day cause I'll never turn down a good opportunity for interaction *A* But, I don't want newcomers to get the wrong idea, I guess...

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’