Simple Ideas

Comments

• I reach out by dirigible-ing food :p 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Gurashi said:
    Daraius said:
    Like every other defense in your defup alias, RPWHO ON prepares you to engage with enemies.
    *aggressively stares at Lief, Trahey and Nyana*
    @Xenthos said: 
    Having the flag on 24/7 is probably not the right way to use it unless you plan to drop whatever you are doing 24/7 when someone wants to interact with you.

...you actually have a really good point. I tend to put it on every day cause I'll never turn down a good opportunity for interaction *A* But, I don't want newcomers to get the wrong idea, I guess...

It's more... if you go astral hunting, you may not want RPWHO on.  If you're on the stage doing a play, you may not want it on.  If you are afk in your manse, you really don't want it on.  You're not really available for interactions.  But if you're just questing and do not care if someone wants to /divert you?  Heck yes, by all means have it going!  People being more willing to pop it on is great, and it seems to be doing what it is supposed to, letting other org people know you're available (and vice versa).
    Don't worry about the "wrong idea" imo, just make sure to toggle it off when you are not available and you are golden.  Having it on more than off is not a bad thing at all.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Coraline said:
    I reach out by dirigible-ing food :p 
    This is an unclear signal.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited September 2019
    Not sure if there's something equivalent that I just don't know about, but I'd love a GAMESTATS command to share some interesting numbers. Some suggestions:

• GAMESTATS GUILDS to replicate something like the old TOPGUILDS, with guilds shown having three scores:
      • number of novice characters that came online in the last game year
      • number of non-novice, non-demi characters that came online in the last game year
      • number of demi characters that came online in the last game year
      • some score for how long all of those characters were online, such as total hours of play divided by 12
    • GAMESTATS NATIONS to show activity levels across the orgs, maybe with same scores as for guilds
    • GAMESTATS SKILLS [TRADE/PRIMARY/SECONDARY/TERTIARY] to show the distributions of skillchoices across all characters (just the count of how many characters active over the past game year have each one as their current, active flex)
    • GAMESTATS RACES to show the distributions of race choices across all characters that were active in the past game year
    • GAMESTATS QUESTS to show the number of completions of the most popular quests (under the new system only) over the past game year
    • GAMESTATS KILLS to show the number of deaths to particular skills (including brackets for mob deaths, bleeding, damage deaths, and then individual kill skills - self-kills would be excluded). Could be broken into arena/non-arena if that's meaningful.

(Edit:Yes, there is a big part of me that only wants this functionality to sticky beak into how many Wildewoods there are. Because damn, if I could change ONE flavour thing in Lusternia!)

I'd be very interested in some of those demographics.
    I used to make cakes.

It would make my life if we had a BACKSTAGE CORRECT command (or some appropriate syntax) that actors could fire off to delete the most recently performed line from a recording in progress, purpose being to take another pass at the line and only commit the correct one to the replay.

Probably not very simple to implement, now that I think about it.  :/
    I used to make cakes.

• ON THE OTHER HAND a backstage edit command would save all of us directors and actors a lot of heartache, and would make the final length of time showing in a production feel more honest even if the mistakes and reposting don't account for THAT much added in.

And it might make some other people braver with recording, knowing they can edit on the fly!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Since gods are able to customize a lot of their stuff now, which I'm loving, I think it would also be cool to give them their own newsrooms to custom how they deliver mail if they would have fun with that!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • edited October 2019
    wrong thread
  • Lief said:
    Since gods are able to customize a lot of their stuff now, which I'm loving, I think it would also be cool to give them their own newsrooms to custom how they deliver mail if they would have fun with that!
    We already have that functionality really - it's just that nobody's asked.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited October 2019
    • GAMESTATS GUILDS to replicate something like the old TOPGUILDS, with guilds shown having three scores:
      • number of novice characters that came online in the last game year
      • number of non-novice, non-demi characters that came online in the last game year
      • number of demi characters that came online in the last game year
      • some score for how long all of those characters were online, such as total hours of play divided by 12
    • GAMESTATS NATIONS to show activity levels across the orgs, maybe with same scores as for guilds
    • GAMESTATS SKILLS [TRADE/PRIMARY/SECONDARY/TERTIARY] to show the distributions of skillchoices across all characters (just the count of how many characters active over the past game year have each one as their current, active flex)
    • GAMESTATS RACES to show the distributions of race choices across all characters that were active in the past game year
    • GAMESTATS QUESTS to show the number of completions of the most popular quests (under the new system only) over the past game year
    • GAMESTATS KILLS to show the number of deaths to particular skills (including brackets for mob deaths, bleeding, damage deaths, and then individual kill skills - self-kills would be excluded). Could be broken into arena/non-arena if that's meaningful.
    Also, the following stats for the area you are currently standing in:
    • AREASTATS HUNTING to show the average threat level of NPCs in the area (eg. 'is not one to be trifled with'), the top 5 most common NPC resistances, the top 5 most common NPC weaknesses, and the top 5 most common NPC attack damage types.
    • AREASTATS INFLUENCE to show the total number of NPCs that can be influenced (with subsections for normal, undead and animal influence targets) and the most common personality type.
    • AREASTATS EXPLORATION to show the total number of rooms that count towards explorer rankings (or the percentage of total explorable rooms that are inside this area, if the raw number is not something to be shared), perhaps what percentage you have visited (or just complete/not complete if that's less DB heavy), and how many unique player visitors it has had over the past IG year.
    • AREASTATS <type> OVERALL to show the same information as the above three commands, but summarised from all of the individual area stat results. For example, the top 5 most common resistances across every area for hunting, the most common personality type across every area for influence, the total number of explorable rooms in the game.
    All of these could be cached results that are computed once for an area when it is updated and stored for access by these commands, except for the exploration one - but those dynamic parts on per-player statistics are optional anyway. Note: The hunting and influencing stats are NOT based on how many mobs are currently alive or uninfluenced in the area, just the total number that have their respawn point there - it's not intended to be used to get an on-the-fly view of whether it is bashed/influenced out.

Some of this is useful for being able to know which areas are best for you to visit, and some will help you decide which type of attacks to use (this area has lots of mobs resistant to divinus but weak to fire, so I'll use my fire attack!)
  • ElrynGreythane said:
    • AREASTATS EXPLORATION to show the total number of rooms that count towards explorer rankings (or the percentage of total explorable rooms that are inside this area, if the raw number is not something to be shared), perhaps what percentage you have visited (or just complete/not complete if that's less DB heavy), and how many unique player visitors it has had over the past IG year.

This sorta exists within the wonderboots (ATTUNE), it will show a random room that you haven't visited yet (that counts for explorers)

Also, it is easier to assume every room counts for explorers, including rooms that require you to do quests to open. Only guildhalls and Inner Temples of gods don't count for explorers anymore (this is a fairly recent change too).
  • Ayisdra said:

Also, it is easier to assume every room counts for explorers, including rooms that require you to do quests to open. Only guildhalls and Inner Temples of gods don't count for explorers anymore (this is a fairly recent change too).
    True enough, but I'm thinking more about an area where I think I've explored everything, but actually there are some secret areas I haven't yet found, or quests to grant access to other rooms. I dunno, I'd use all these stat commands all the time, because I'm just curious about this stuff!
  • Don't know how practical this idea is, but what if we can have a "PR" system for each org that measures how much they retain/help newbies and rewards an org based on newbie retention competitively  and include it in org credits?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I don't think that direct competition is a good driver of that kind of a thing. It's also not something that orgs can really control, honestly. Sometimes you'll see a wave of novices join Serenwilde but not other orgs, for instance.
  • Accessibility thoughts while writing CGHELPs:

Create two special tags (or assign special characters?), one of which causes the entire next line of text [or the text between flags, whole line if no end flag is supplied] to not display when the screenreader configuration is toggled on, and a second that does the opposite: text that ONLY shows if screenreader is toggled on.

That way, you could flag text as being purely graphical information that helps sighted people parse the info, and provide alternative text that's only really useful to unsighted people.

It'd be some work to really thoroughly use these tags, but it'd be very useful for helping out a true novice using a screenreader. There's a lot of conventions that don't necessarily scan to someone experiencing the game with a screenreader, like using ALLCAPS to mean "type this thing in" and having dividers or tables in helps can [as I understand it] be difficult to piece together if you're hearing a lot of punctuation described one line at a time. 

• Can we move all cities and communes up to the top of the Global landmarks

And then list all the others alphabetically?

This one thing would make me happy!
  • Kali said:
    Could something please be done about the whole 'getting two-hundred messages if you forget to offer corpses and log out' thing? It's really not fun to sort through. :frowning:
    MSGS DELETE MATCHING has decayed to dust in your absence 
    This will delete all messages about things decaying while you were logged out if you suddenly see you have 200 messages.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Kali said:
    Could something please be done about the whole 'getting two-hundred messages if you forget to offer corpses and log out' thing? It's really not fun to sort through. :frowning:
    MSGS DELETE MATCHING has decayed to dust in your absence 
    This will delete all messages about things decaying while you were logged out if you suddenly see you have 200 messages.
    That'll delete all decay to dust messages, though, not just the corpses. I'd soo much rather corpses just not send those messages in the first place!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2019
    MSGS DELETE MATCHING [whatever the mobs' names are]. That should delete the corpses that dusted within a few commands and nothing else.

The amount of times I've had to msgs delete matching [domoth mob] is pretty staggering.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    When you have a discount on your shop prices, say for a citizen of your org or a member of your order, it can be hard to remember what the overall price of the item was set to. This is because doing WARES will show shopkeepers the discounted price as if they were a preferred customer. I realize doing math solves this, but sometimes I just want to quickly throw stuff in the stockroom and call it a day.

Could there be a way to indicate full price vs discount in WARES, at least for shopowners? Actually, it might be nice in general to show the amount of discounts for preferred customers.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    When you have a discount on your shop prices, say for a citizen of your org or a member of your order, it can be hard to remember what the overall price of the item was set to. This is because doing WARES will show shopkeepers the discounted price as if they were a preferred customer. I realize doing math solves this, but sometimes I just want to quickly throw stuff in the stockroom and call it a day.

Could there be a way to indicate full price vs discount in WARES, at least for shopowners? Actually, it might be nice in general to show the amount of discounts for preferred customers.
    Changelog 1874
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • I'd love to have a way to set it so particular pieces of clothing/jewellery would always be visible, even if they would normally be hidden by something layered over them. Like the opposite of CLOTHING HIDE!
  • I wish there was a version of the Wheel you could spin in each nation somewhere, so I (and, yes, any alts) have a better chance to spin without an audience. It's not really like having a certain number of times you can spin to win artifacts, credits, goop or wondercrystals is really that in-character anyway, so much so that it needs to be centralised as a single location of character interaction.

Not that it's the most important thing I would like to see in the game - that instead being more activities or class-based mechanics to do as a character that aren't PvP/competition based - but it would still make getting the daily login reward a little less unnerving for me at least.
  • Can some of the stats from the STATS command be added to GMCP? Specifically: credits / goop (we already have gold), sobriety, insanity (and temp insanity), hunger, and rest? 
  • edited November 2019
    Would it be possible to make it so that when you do CLOTHING POSE on a piercing, it over-writes the part where it says where it's worn?
    so instead of like..
    <jewelery> through <body part> <pose>
    it'd just <jewelery> <pose>
    it'd give a lot more freedom to naturally describe how you're wearing it, so you could have it be something like 'an earring dangling from her right ear' instead of having to deal with the endless awkwardness of it already describing where it is.

• I am unsure how simple this would actually be and if a process exists for this please someone let me know.

But a way for chancellor's to see how many upgrades a shop has if any.
    Bodyscan exp pleas?
    I used to make cakes.