Mafia Proposal: Assassin in the Palace

edited September 2019 in Mafia Hideout
I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in playing a variant version of forum mafia called Assassin in the Palace. The premise is that one player is the king, one player is the assassin, and the remaining players are the guards. The guards know the identity of the king, though the king does not know the identity of the guards. Once lynched, the assassin attempts to identify the king and wins if they successfully assassinate him, losing if they choose the wrong target. It's explained in a little more depth here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Assassin_in_the_Palace

If five or more people are interested in playing, I'd be happy to host a game. Leave a note if you're interested. Sign-ups will stay open until Friday at about 7pm EST when I will open the game.

Players:

1. Sylandra
2. Portius
3. Daraius
4. Lief
5. Alexandria
6. Chronas
7. Coraline (Soft)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'd be down.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I am open to this.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Me too.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I've never played forum mafia, and never played this variant anywhere, but I've had so much fun lurking in on your guys' games.

I'll play!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • I like to sit one out and watch a game from the sidelines, but also want to have enough people to play. So count me in only if you're one person short.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • That's five, which is enough to play! Sign-ups will stay open until Friday at about 7pm EST when I will open the game. @Coraline I will include you if we're short players but not if we have more sign-ups, thanks for volunteering!
  • I don't quite understand this setup.

why would there be any talking at all and not just voting? why would this not just last an hour (so to speak)?
  • Ayisdra said:
    I don't quite understand this setup.

why would there be any talking at all and not just voting? why would this not just last an hour (so to speak)?
    That's a strategy, but I'm planning to be talky regardless of my role. (Sorry fellow guards!) If the assassin were to blind vote for someone and landed on the king, and guards refused to vote that way, it would probably let an assassin win since they win even if guards successfully lynch them, so long as they figure out the king.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    It’ll be interesting seeing how it works out. I can see it being pretty fun and chaotic!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ayisdra said:
    I don't quite understand this setup.

The guards have conflicting interests of trying to minimize information for the assassin and trying to lynch the assassin as soon as possible, because each mislynch reduces the population the assassin has to consider when choosing their target. Guard odds are a better if they lynch the assassin on day two than day four. In the worst case scenario, the assassin manages to lynch everyone but the king before being found.
    (We should do the congestion variant after this too! That one looked neat.)
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    (We should do the congestion variant after this too! That one looked neat.)
    I am not familiar with this version but I am happy to play or host anything!
    @Zitto You can take a break and play on that one - I can oversee it next. :3
    Daraius said:
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm just hoping that no one understands this variant and I'll stand a chance.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'm willing to give it a go.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• We now have six players with Coraline. The balance is optimal at six, but it remains fairly even up to eight players. Coraline has agreed to stay as a sixth player for balance if nobody else signs up, but more players are still very welcome.
  • I'd like to join - really enjoyed my last mafia endeavour.
    Hype for tonight!
    Daraius said:
  • Role notices will be going out shortly and the game will begin!