Mafia: Assassin in the Palace

2»

Comments

• edited September 2019
    It is DAY TWO. The day ends only when someone is lynched.

VOTES

Portius - 1 (Sylandra)
    Sylandra - 1 (Portius)

With 5 Masked Revelers alive, it will take 3 votes to lynch!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (Pssst, @Portius voted me this dayphase.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    (Pssst, @Portius voted me this dayphase.)
    That's what it says. That's what it always said. The ghost of Daraius does not seek vengeance from beyond the grave.
  • I'm gonna go ahead and vote Portius for making me read all that when the day has just begun. So rude.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I'll also vote Portius but not because I hate reading. It is, in fact, fundamental.
  • That's a Lynch!

Sylandra doesn't even sheath her bloody blade after cutting down Daraius. She points to Portius, and then twirls like a dervish, her blade arcing towards his neck. Portius tries to defend himself, but Alexandria gives him a shove and Chronas kicks out his leg, leaving him open to Sylandra's blade. Blood sprays from the side of his neck, staining his pigeon costume red. He collapses and his mask is removed, revealing that he was:

A Guard: "You are a Guard. It is your duty to protect the Prince from being assassinated. You and every other guard know the identity of the Prince. You win if the Prince survives the assassination attempt."

Once again you return to your grim stare-down, the smell of blood now heavy in the small room.

It is DAY THREE. The day ends only when someone is lynched.

With 4 Masked Revelers alive, it will take 3 votes to lynch!
    Vote Lief. Your name is a typo and trees everywhere are upset about it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm a little uneasy about how quickly people are assassinating our fellow guards with really flimsy reasoning! My name is not a typo, @Sylandra - it means happily or gladly! I am an adverb and this is discrimination!

I'm NOT going to vote Sylandra right now though, as much as I really, really want to (she has lied once after all). I'm going to vote for the person who nailed Portius's coffin shut before I could even post! Vote Chronas.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • edited September 2019
    It is DAY THREE. The day ends only when someone is lynched.

VOTES

Lief - 1 (Sylandra)
    Chronas - 1 (Lief)

Lief said:
    I'm a little uneasy about how quickly people are assassinating our fellow guards with really flimsy reasoning! My name is not a typo, @Sylandra - it means happily or gladly! I am an adverb and this is discrimination!
    Merriam-Webster says you're right. And this changes everything!

Unvote; Vote Chronas.
    Daraius said:
  • It is DAY THREE. The day ends only when someone is lynched.

VOTES

Chronas - 2 (Lief, Sylandra)

• I am actually going to take a step back and unvote. I want to hear what @Chronas and @Alexandria are thinking/voting.
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    I am actually going to take a step back and unvote. I want to hear what @Chronas and @Alexandria are thinking/voting.
    I'm thinking that it is time to make a daring move. There's just one person in this room who no one has dared to cast a single vote for, presumably because no one wants to risk lynching the king, who they know the identity of.

Forgive me, my liege. I must assassinate Alexandria.
    Well the odds of randomly picking a vote every day were not in my favor.
    Daraius said:
  • Chronas Wins - ASSASSIN VICTORY

Chronas interrupts the stare-down with the sudden toss of a knife directly into Alexandria's throat. Sylandra and Lief are quick to draw steel but hesitate for a moment as Chronas draws a sword of his own. With the prince still gurgling on the floor, Sylandra finally shrugs. "We don't get paid for vengeance. Actually, I don't know if we get paid at all anymore." The three walk out of the safe room and disappear into the still-panicking masquerade crowd, one to escape the consequences of their deeds and two to escape the consequences of their failure.

Alexandria was: The Prince - "You are the Prince! You have no abilities, but with your father's death, your survival is crucial to the kingdom. It is your job to avoid the assassination attempt. The Guards all know your identity, but you do not know theirs. You win if you survive the assassination attempt."

Chronas was: The Assassin - "You are the Assassin. You have a one-shot assassination attempt, which you can make at any point in the game (even after being lynched). You may choose your target by declaring "Assassinate [Target]" in the main game thread.You win if you assassinate the prince, regardless of whether you are lynched."

Sylandra was: A Guard

Lief was: A Guard 

Thanks everyone for playing. That was a brutally quick game!

• That was definitely fun to watch! It was interesting to see the suggested strategy on the website did not work in favour for the king!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
    I was hoping if we voted quickly enough we might catch the assassin unawares!

Alas. Good job, @Chronas!
    Daraius said:
  • Sorry, fellow guards! I warned you I planned to talk!

I had a lot of fun though, thank you for hosting @Zitto :D
    ~
    ~
  • Lief said:
    Sorry, fellow guards! I warned you I planned to talk!

I had a lot of fun though, thank you for hosting @Zitto :D
    #chattyfaelinggang \o/
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
    I’ll be opening up the sign-up for Contagion in the Palace within the hour, for those of you who want to keep the fun going!
    Daraius said:
  • Thanks, gang. Sorry to end it so quickly but I felt like a pre-lynch victory would earn me more cred than a post-lynch victory. :)
  • Yeah, not being able to vote for myself made it a little harder to point out that there was only one aspersion cast on me back early on. D:

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!