Contagion in the Palace Sign-Ups [Masque of the Red Death]

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited October 2019 in Mafia Hideout
"The red death had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal -- the madness and the horror of blood." - "The Masque of the Red Death," Edgar Allen Poe

Contagion in the Palace is a variant of Assassin in the Palace which operates on a similar conceit: you have one king, one assassin, and a bunch of guards who are aware of the king's identity. After day one, however, the set-up changes slightly with the infection mechanic. Whoever is voted on day one by the majority to be lynched reveals their alignment and spreads their infection to another player. This continues until the assassin is infected, and their goal is to spread infection to the king. (This makes it pretty quick, since you only really need majority for one dayphase!)

I can start this game on Wednesday, October 2nd, Sunday, September 29th, around 7pm EST, and sign-ups will be open until then. If you're interested, sign-up below!

Intrigued Courtiers:
1. @Lief
2. @Coraline
3. @Zitto
4. @Ayisdra
5. @Portius
6. @Orael
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• I am in!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Oooh Masque of the Read Death is one of my favourite short stories! Definitely count me in!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • It's only fair, I'll give this a shot!
  • I'm in.

So, after day 1 lynch, it is the dead guy killing someone else and this process repeating until the end of the game?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yep! Think of it as a linked bomb effect. The alignment of the infected person will always be revealed and you can still talk and try to influence the individual’s choices if you like.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sure, unless you need to boot me for someone who hasn't played.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    I didn’t expect this many sign ups to happen so quickly! If we hit a sixth person tomorrow, I can start the game at 7pm then instead. I know people generally have more time on weekends than weekdays.
    Daraius said:
  • Based on how the previous game played out, 7-8 players might be better for the Lusternia forum.
    I decided to start with six since it’s the recommended balance and the format is slightly different. But if there’s enough interest, sure.
    Daraius said:
  • If you need a 6th, I'll throw my hat in the ring.
    Excellent! I’ll keep the sign-ups open until 7pm in case anyone else wants to join, then I’ll send out roles and start the game.
    Daraius said:
    Roles are being sent out now!
    Daraius said:
  • Anticipation intensifies.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    Anticipation intensifies.
    I'm sick with anticipation.

Get it.

Sick. Because the plague.

Haha, I am so funny.
    Roles have been sent! Game will open shortly.
    Daraius said: