Goddesses Fall In Battle, Defending Zvoltz

XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
edited June 2013 in World Library
The Dreadform snarls, coiling in midair in a spiral of restive indigo scales. The weapons in a thousand arms shake together a challenge.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Dzaaa... come to rest..."

The Dreadform releases a deafening, painful-sounding scream as it coils back, as if to strike, twisting this way and that. In response, streamers of ivory light descend from the Havens accompanying Mysrai as She flickers about the serpentine figure.

Lulled, briefly, the Dreadform slows its coiling, turning to focus on Mysrai.

Arcs of fulminating brilliance surge across the sky as Zvoltz, the Architect returns to mortal perception.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "It isn't Her anymore, Mysrai. It cannot be reasoned with."

Startled by the surging energies, the Dreadform uncoils abruptly, screaming a maddened howl of rage towards the heavens.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Foolish Brother, you've provoked Her!"

Hefting His hammer, the Architect takes up a defensive stance in the skies above.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "She is already dead, Sister, you saw to that. Now you leave it to Me to finish the job."

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Blame Me for this, You will? She is not dead, merely changed! Is all that changes truly dead to You?"

The Bloom of Serenity manifests in the skies above the Basin of Life. From Her fingers flies a wash of colour that wraps around Zvoltz like a shield.

Sweeping across the heavens on a gentle breeze, the serene voice of Maylea echoes, "Be wary, I think Mysrai speaks true and you have provoked Her."

The Scarlet Goddess twirls around the Dreadform, casting ivory energies in a strange net of brilliant strings.

With a howl of rage, the Dreadform shakes off the work of Mysrai and lets out a bellow, shaking the Basin below with the force. Weapons bristling, it rises into the sky, hammering against the shield.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "Sending it back, Mysrai, or I will end it here and now."

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "It is You that have provoked it! Retreat to Your spires, and it may calm!"

Splaying His fingers wide, Zvoltz sends a shower of fulminating lighting to rain down upon the Dreadform, though the jagged bolts burst in fitful sparks against the armour of the monster.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "You fool!"

Crystalline spikes blossom from beneath the great bronze mask on the head of the serpentine Dreadform, and they cut into the shield like a hot knife through ice.

Sweeping across the heavens on a gentle breeze, the serene voice of Maylea echoes, "This is folly, Zvoltz! Come away with Me!"

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "You fool! Did You not equip Her yourself?"

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "And leave this monster to rampage unchecked while Mysrai pets it? I think not, Maylea. Lend Me your aid or retreat to safety."

Energies of a thousand hues, strange paint blotches against the sunlit morning, blossom around the monstrous creature as it digs tooth, talon, and armament into Zvoltz.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Or perhaps it shall eat You, Brother. Retreat now, You have not the strength for this!"

Maylea claps Her hands together, strengthening the shield even as it splinters under the Dreadform's attack, barely turning the blows aside from some mortal wound upon the Architect.

A thick cleaver slams into the Architect's shoulder as the creature turns, refocusing its energies on the Bloom of Serenity.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Maylea, get to safety! Do not fall prey to My Brother's foolishness!"

In a desperate swing, Zvoltz smashes His hammer into the body of the Dreadform. The blow glances aside, though distracts the monster.

The Serene Goddess pulls the shield into a thin barrier that surrounds Herself as well as Zvoltz. Reluctantly, She flies nearer the Architect to bolster the shield.

Another armament, this one distinctively of both voidcopper and crystal spires melded into an odd, chaotic harmony, emerges from the Dreadform, blasting through the barrier in a welter of sparks and scarlet, mantric energies as the creature goes.

Splotches of strange colours and odd pictures emerge from the air around the Dreadform, and it opens its jaws wide, bearing down on Maylea and Zvoltz.

Mysrai gestures plaintively, managing to slow the Dreadform only bare seconds as shaft after shaft of ivory energies seek to entrance the creature.

Sweeping across the heavens on a gentle breeze, the serene voice of Maylea echoes, "There is pride that comes before a fall, Zvoltz. I haven't the strength to shield us both for much longer. Please, come away with Me!"

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Even I cannot stir this once it has enraged itself, Brother. If You cannot save Yourself, neither can I..."

Gathering Her power around Her, Maylea makes a last effort to shield the Architect and Herself... and to turn the Dreadform aside even as She catches the falling Zvoltz in Her arms.

The Scarlet Goddess vanishes from the sky in a fountain of brilliant, many-hued light.

The Dreadform turns, latching jaws around Maylea's arm.

The clash of metal rings through the firmament as an arc of white light streaks from the Divine Havens, the Even Blade returning to mortal perception.

A scream pierces the heavens as the Bloom of Serenity throws Her head back.

The commanding voice of Terentia, the Even Bladed resounds across the firmament, "Are you so foolish to try to wage war with a beast you can not control, Zvoltz?"

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "If the Second Circle was doing Their job, I wouldn't be out here."

The white energy radiates out from the form of the Even Blade as Terentia's blades glow with the essence of the Elder as She streaks towards the Dreadform, already moving to bring the edge of Her blade down upon the beast.

With a shriek, the Dreadform released ichor-drenched teeth from Maylea's arm and brings several bladed weapons to bear from unending limbs, matching the Even Blade with cleaver, sword, and spiked club.

The Bloom of Serenity grasps Her bloodied arm to Her chest, wavering in the heavens as though adrift upon the wind.

Twin swords draw forth in a dance of skill as the Second Circle Elder slices at the assault, deflecting the incoming attack with a snarl of rage.

Tendrils of white light streak out from the Architect, steadying Maylea's form.

A blast of oil-slick colours envelop Terentia as the Dreadform responds in kind, and spikes of translucent crystal shine forth, ringing the limbs of the creature in alien defenses.

Weakly, Maylea lifts Her uninjured hand and pours Her energy into a shield of prismatic colour woven around Terentia. As the power drains from Her fingertips, She goes limp in the sky, suspended only by the power of the Architect.

Zvoltz releases the tendrils around Maylea, allowing Her to fall away as He soars forward to aide Terentia.

Someone powerful's divine voice echoes across the land, "Faithless fool!"

Ivory veils wrap the form of the Bloom away, lifting Her into the Havens as Mysrai descends once more, calling honey-hued, coppery banners to lure the Dreadform away from the loose form of the Goddess.

A cry of pain erupts from Terentia's lips as She backtracks several paces in the air from the range of the Dreadform before She rushes back towards the Beast with intense speed, swords swinging as She tries to press the monster back.

Showers of crystal shards respond as the Dreadform is pressed back across the sky, and a reality-rending howl is ripped loose from its throat.

A golden beam of domotheon energies flickers out from the Architect, sailing toward the Even Bladed in an effort to lend Her His power.

With the surge of power from Zvoltz, Terentia continues to press forward. Ichor covers Verity and Judgement, the twin blades a blur of attack.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "We cannot defeat it alone, it has grown too powerful! Push it back through the rift!"

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Let it sleep in peace, as it should! Haven't You interfered enough?"

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Come now, You have suffered enough..."

Pausing for but a moment, Terentia's form radiates with an intense white light before She propels Herself directly at the center of the beast, using Her momentum to push it towards the rift it came from.

Power shimmers across the heavens as Zvoltz sends surge upon surge of energy into the embattled Second Circle Goddess, bolstering Her assault

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "Push it through and then retreat. I will contain it!"

Mysrai raises Her arms, a disturbing, echoing croon filling the sky as She sings to the serpentine creature, drawing it further back, towards the rift.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Almost there! Come, Terentia, I almost have Her back to where She can rest..."

With a determined cry, Terentia again slams Herself into the center of the Dreadform, forcing it back to the swirling portal.

The hazy form of the Architect rises before the enormous cosmic rift, His hands spread wide as He draws power into Himself.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Zvoltz, No!"

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "Retreat now, Terentia. Get out of the rift!"

Mysrai raises Her arms once more, calling energies forth that wrap around Terentia, as if to draw Her back out.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "I can wait no longer!"

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "It's too late...! Zvoltz, You fool!"

His cold voice rolling through the sky, Zvoltz chants in the strange language of Ae as crackling power begins to swirl around Him.

Sounds of metal clashing against metal ring out from the rift, battle raging inside even as the rift itself is being sealed.

With a final, ringing syllable, the Architect brings the working to an end, sending ribbons of domotheon energies to spiral around the cosmic rift. The spinning threads weave ever tighter, closing the rift and sealing the Dreadform and the Even Bladed away.

The solitary form of the Architect floats in the quiet sky for a single moment before disappearing in a flash of energy.

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited June 2013
    Maymay! :((

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    She's still around, recovering in Mysrai's realm.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:
    She's still around, recovering in Mysrai's realm.
    I know... still, my favorite Seren Divine got hurt due to @Zvoltz? Doom! Never mind that Elanorwen still has a ginormous soft spot for Maymay.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    /pours one out for Terentia.

Mork never got to know if she really was racist to Orclach, or if it was just a rumour someone told him.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Who does what needs doing when it needs done?

Zvoltz. Total winner.

Sappy sobbing about casualties can gtfo
  • edited June 2013
    Thoroughly enjoyed that, nice little Icewynd bash afterwards for Maylea as well.

I got around not wanting to annoy my IC wife by acting as a tank but not killing anything >.>

My favourite part was looking at Maylea afterwards and seeing: and bloodied bandages wrapped about Her left arm.

Nice touch!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I always enjoy watching the divine doing their thing, bickering and killing each other, good times. I feel bad for Celest and Terentia's followers, but Lavinya was quite cheerful about the whole thing and who was involved in what. The plot, it ever thickens.

• edited June 2013
    Hrmm, haven't played in a while - let's see what's been happening...

Enter an option or enter your character's name. What is your password? Password
    correct. Welcome to Lusternia.
    Your last login was from domain: ...

*** You have 4 unread message(s). ***

Yay messages!

5412h, 7590m, 6600e, 10p esSilrx<>-Message #922 sent by (system) (received: 2013
    /06/14 13:41:17)
       A rune bag has decayed to dust in your absence.

Oh.  Same old decay messages.  Yawn.

5412h, 7590m, 6600e, 10p esSilrx<>-5412h, 7590m, 6600e, 10p esSilrx<>-5412h, 759
    0m, 6600e, 10p esSilrx<>-Message #923 sent by (system) (received: 2013/06/15 01:
    36:05)
       The Cult of the White Dagger has been disbanded.
    5412h, 7590m, 6600e, 10p esSilrx<>-Message #924 sent by (system) (received: 2013
    /06/15 01:36:05)
       Your spiritual ties to the Divine Order of Terentia dissolve.
    5412h, 7590m, 6600e, 10p esSilrx<>-Message #925 sent by (system) (received: 2013
    /06/15 01:36:05)
       Through your bond to a mirrored vambrace, you feel it crumble away to dust.
    5412h, 7590m, 6600e, 10p esSilrx<>-You have no further messages.

!!!! 
  • Maylea. :( I'll have to go to Mysrai's realm to check on her.
  • Kinda just screwed a select few of us over in Celest. Not to mention we now have no combatants with access to shrines. Just in time for the greathunt too. I feel like Lusternia admins just gave me the finger.
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer

Xena said:
    Kinda just screwed a select few of us over in Celest. Not to mention we now have no combatants with access to shrines. Just in time for the greathunt too. I feel like Lusternia admins just gave me the finger.
    It's obviously the lead up to another round of Celest bias. Every shrine blessing, all the time, for everyone.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Gah, missed more stuff. :(

Best of luck, mystery person behind Terentia! The few interactions we had were always fun.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I just like having them being active and doing stuff.  When I hear something is happening I have to run to Prime and oo / ahh over all the pretty fireworks!