Public Design Wishlist Thread

1235»

Comments

• Coraline said:
    Coraline said:
    Reading catalogues made me realize that jewelleryboxes get no love! It's probably not on anyone's wishlist, but I might make some anyway.
    Your design #29150 of a hungry little hedgehog jewelrybox was approved.

The jewellery box that literally no one asked for!
    I asked for a hungry hungry hippo jewelrybox :'(
  • Merlose said:
    Coraline said:
    Coraline said:
    Reading catalogues made me realize that jewelleryboxes get no love! It's probably not on anyone's wishlist, but I might make some anyway.
    Your design #29150 of a hungry little hedgehog jewelrybox was approved.

The jewellery box that literally no one asked for!
    I asked for a hungry hungry hippo jewelrybox :'(
    If she doesn't make it, I will. ;)

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Your design #29261 of a chocolate chip cookie was approved.

Someone had to do it.

You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I'm not a tailor, but I would love to see more dress designs that aren't full length! Where is the love for knee length/ midi dresses!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    I'm not a tailor, but I would love to see more dress designs that aren't full length! Where is the love for knee length/ midi dresses!
    So I tried to design one such dress myself today and wow! Designing dresses is hard! Props to everyone who designs dresses at all, full length or not!
  • Coraline said:
    Coraline said:
    I'm not a tailor, but I would love to see more dress designs that aren't full length! Where is the love for knee length/ midi dresses!
    So I tried to design one such dress myself today and wow! Designing dresses is hard! Props to everyone who designs dresses at all, full length or not!
    I'm in the bad habit of submitting things privately, which is a habit I ought to break. I just like having my cartel show on the examined!

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I'd love to see more action origami. It feels like there's so few designs for it.

pronouns: they/them
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2019
    What about all my cute animals?  :'(

(do you want more cute animals?)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • We have a bumblebee and a dolphin origami, I don't remember if @Jolanthe was planning on making a whole astrological set or not!
  • Coraline said:
    We have a bumblebee and a dolphin origami, I don't remember if @Jolanthe was planning on making a whole astrological set or not!
    I'd been thinking upon it, just lacking proper vision. They'll come as they arise. Also, there's a lion too! Don't forget him.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Cooking designers: Hallifax needs tea-based cocktails to sneak into fancy events while maintaining plausible deniability.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am beyond excited to see how skylanterns dress up IC events. This is going to make so many people have easier Festivals of Light, Bloodfaires, etc.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Portius said:
    Cooking designers: Hallifax needs tea-based cocktails to sneak into fancy events while maintaining plausible deniability.
    on it! Anything to lead the Hallifaxians astray!
  • edited October 2019
    Portius said:
    29399   Public        a garish cockatiel cocktail

Appearance: a garish cockatiel cocktail

Consume:
    Eddies of dark amber swirl in the bright yellow-orange hued drink as you
    take a long sip. Sweet citrus notes of orange and the heady alcoholic
    fumes of rum somewhat mellow down the sharp tang of bergamot, and the
    cardamom-infused black tea fills you with warmth, completely obfuscating
    the potent alcoholic fumes of vodka that lie latent beneath.

Smell: The heady aroma of bergamot, sweet citrus notes of orange, and the warm, woody fragrance of cardamom make this cocktail very aromatic.

Taste: Sharp citrus notes and the invigorating essence of cardamom and black tea cut through the alcoholic cocktail.

Is this what you had in mind? Probably not. But is it flamboyant? Did I get carried away? ... maybe...

(I didn't think it would get approved this fast!)
    We don't do garish, but I have a feeling the cockatiel will speak strongly to Portius specifically.
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Also there need to be a couple more public tessen/nunchaku frogges.  I put a very basic pair in yesterday when I was unable to find others, but it would be nice for a couple more options when there are newbies who cannot find an in-org forger on a timely basis in Halli/Gaudy.
    What is a frogge, exactly, because this is what the internet tells me:

frogge biþ a smal beaste wiþ foure leggys, whyche liueþ booþ in watyre and on londe. It is broune or grene or yelowe, or be it tropyckal, he may haue dyuers coloures. It haþ longys and guilles booþe. It haccheþ from an ey and it þan ys a tadpolle. It groweþ to ben a frogge, if it þan ne be noght eten.
    I used to make cakes.

In game the basic frogge is a leather loop that can be hooked around a belt or an armour strap.  It has a metal loop that is large enough for the haft of a weapon; you drop that end into the metal loop and then it hangs there, because the business end is larger and catches on the loop.
    Is it just a vanity item or is there some utility to having them?
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Is it just a vanity item or is there some utility to having them?
    You can sheathe/draw weapons from your frogges.  This ignores gripping, if active (so you don't have to relax it, unlike unwielding).  You can also DRAW WEAPON or DRAW WEAPON SALUTE for unique wield messages.
    I prefer it to the inventory for weapon storage, personally.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Daraius said:
    We don't do garish, but I have a feeling the cockatiel will speak strongly to Portius specifically.
    Speak for yourself. I do garish. I approve @Coraline. Garishness, tea, bird wordplay? It's ideal.
    P.S. If you're doing birds, Portius the player is obsessed with his macaws and would find it hilarious if you managed wordplay booze with that.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Portius and here's one that would pass off much easier as "tea"

29408   Public        a refreshing green tea cocktail

Appearance: a refreshing green tea cocktail

Consume: Refreshing summery notes of citrus and peaches dance around your nose as you take a swig of the clear jade-hued cocktail. The sweet essence of peach schnapps mellows and softens the sour lemon and bitter lime, while
    the warm ginger brightens up the bittersweet green tea with a spicy flourish. Woody, smoky notes of whiskey lie latent right underneath the surface of the drink, kicking in with a searing finish as the drink burns its way down your throat.

Smell: Sunny citrus notes mingle with the fruity fragrance of peach and crisp ginger to form a refreshingly bright aroma.

Taste: Sweet peach complements the sour tang of lemons and limes, cut through by the spicy flourish of ginger.

(Also that was the fastest design approval I've ever seen! <3 )
  • IJS, Merlose loves any and all things birds, so as soon as she finds someone to make those cockatiel cocktails, she's jumping off the wagon and waking up in back alley in Gaudiguch.

(pls make more bird themed drinks)
    oh nooooo
    I used to make cakes.

• Your design #29410 of a pair of dazzlingly rubescent slippers was approved.

A long term keepsake with public access. Woop!

We could really use more public tattoos in general, but especially for feet, toes, fingers, wrists and hands.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I didn't know toes had tattoos!

Artisan is a trade that needs some public designs too, especially easels and rocking chairs.
    edited October 2019
    Shockingly, we also have a dearth of martini and cocktail glasses in sorcelglass!

ETA: Also I may really like designing skylanterns.

29412   Public        a red paper lantern of fire wyverns in flight
    29413   Public        a spherical koi fish lantern
    29422   Public        a dusky lantern of the gloaming
    29425   Public        a drifting lantern of windswept leaves
    29436   Public        a cirrus-chased skylantern
    29442   Public        a rosy-tinted wedding lantern
    29453   Public        a traditional shrine lantern

>_>
    Daraius said: