Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• Ayisdra said:
    Lief said:
    Aruokei said:
    What was that? Sorry, I can't hear you over my solid gold peacock.

Pictured above: candid photo of Szin just hanging out.
    I look forward to Isune charging Maylea with copying her order beast.
    Parrots are different from peacocks, though. 100% different beast innates, too, if the wiki's right about parrots.

Am I missing something (again)? D:
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • why did all the orders I didn't join have cool birds? D:

I mean, I've got a cool bird that is literally made of cosmos, but I WANT MORE BIRDS

(also what innates does the peacock have?)
  • Lief said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Lief said:
    Aruokei said:

Parrots are different from peacocks, though. 100% different beast innates, too, if the wiki's right about parrots.

I thought Isune had a personal beast that was a peacock, but probably just misremembering then!
  • Ayisdra said:
    Lief said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Lief said:
    Aruokei said:

I thought Isune had a personal beast that was a peacock, but probably just misremembering then!
    Isune is associated with the bird of paradise.

Maylea had a peacock, who recently died. ;)
  • Merlose said:
    why did all the orders I didn't join have cool birds? D:

I mean, I've got a cool bird that is literally made of cosmos, but I WANT MORE BIRDS

(also what innates does the peacock have?)
    Probably (nearly) exactly the ones you'd suspect if you had to guess:

Influence Empower, Heal Ego, and Cast Reflection.

They know they're gorgeous.  <3  
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Isune’s personal pet is Volucer the falcon.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2019
    Rave to @Aethen for taking me on a genetic engineering adventure. Was so great to meet, force haircuts upon, and even kill all those tall Sonics.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Lief said:

Lief has finally realized her destiny of becoming a tree and growing leaves.
    Your going to join the Glomdoring and become a wyrdenwood?

j/k
    {for those who don't get it, the Wyrdenwoods grow leaves vs WiIldewoods growing flowers/blossoms}
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Enya said:
    Lief said:
    Lief said:
    A lush fragrance dances about her as she stands awash in the wild, prismatic colours of a truefavour from Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.

<3<3<3 New favor flavor text for Maylea!
    I first saw the new Czixi one on @Merlose and was immediately jealous as I had no idea what it was. Then I eventually looked at myself and went, OH.

Threadlike skeins of mist envelop her form, flowing out from her body as a vaporous cloak.

The new offering text we got was awesome too.

Mist coils from the Prized Brazier of Diligent Obeisance as you hold your offering high, watching it dissolve into wisps of vapour. They skitter nebulously through your fingers, the essence flickering from existence as it surges forth to empower Czixi, the Welkin.

!!!!!!

We have an offering message now, too!

As you lift up the Superior Brazier of Divine Revels, small seedlings begin to sprout from all surfaces, bursting into a small garden of tiny, radiant, many-hued flowers that stretch skywards in joy. Within seconds, all perishable material has decayed into dust, and the blossoms lose their colourful petals, only to ripen into sprays of bright fruit that glitter in offering to Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.

I love these changes! I want to see the messages all of the gods are coming up with!

Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You offer up 3 corpses to Auseklis, the First Wanderer.

Womp womp

Auseklis was an excellent writer and the patron saint of all builders and mortal builders. So, if he were around, he would definitely have an AMAZING offering message.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Lief said:

Lief has finally realized her destiny of becoming a tree and growing leaves.
    Your going to join the Glomdoring and become a wyrdenwood?

j/k
    {for those who don't get it, the Wyrdenwoods grow leaves vs WiIldewoods growing flowers/blossoms}
     :s I don't want to be all smelly and rotting though!

(Also this is a new order stole for Maylea's order! <3 it's so pretty!)
    ~
    ~
  • I haven't heard people talking about it as much, but I want to offer a shout out to the patron/pantheon change that occurred alongside Affinity's demise. That was also a very useful change, given that Patron selection was often far more motivated by OOC utility rather than IC gravitas, and there are some historical changes that just ended up feeling awkward and shoehorned into place.
  • @Vatul That was beautifully written! Congrats!
    ~
    ~
  • You preach to an aslaran tribesman of the great glory and goodness found by those who follow the Light, and that New Celest is the bastion of the blessed.
    An aslaran tribesman slaps his knee and declares that, by the gods, the Village of Shanthmark should follow the Holy Principality of New Celest after all!
    A wave of starlit warmth and benevolence washes over you, coursing through your link to the Pool of Stars as it shines all the brighter for New Celest's championing of the Light throughout the First World.
    Shouts rise up from the Village of Shanthmark, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Holy Principality of New Celest.

(I hate peaced revolts)
  • edited October 2019

An erupting volcano origami unfolds and sings to you, "KABOOM!"
    An erupting volcano origami flutters apart in wisps of vellum and disappears from your hands." 

@Jolanthe I love getting little things like this from time to time, from Jo and @Coraline . Always makes me smile