Sleeping Beauty: Contagion in the Palace [Assassin Wins!]

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited October 2019 in Mafia Hideout

The Rules (Underlined some important ones):

The basic rules: The guards and princess want to lynch the assassin. The assassin wants to identify and curse the princess. On day one, the majority of players will vote one player out of the game, who will be identified when lynched. Once that player's alignment flips, they must CURSE another player with the Sleeping Curse, acting as a one-person lynch. Once that player has chosen whom to curse, they will be treated as dead and the next cursed player must decide who to curse next. This process continues until the assassin is cursed. The assassin then wins if they curse and kill Princess Aurora. (See here for more details.)

1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. VOTE Sylandra)

2. Once a majority has been reached, the first day ends. Please do not post during twilight.

3. There are no nightphases in this game.

4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread.

5. Once you are cursed or lynched, you have twenty-four hours to CURSE <Player>. After this, you will be eliminated from the game and unable to participate in the dayphase. If you do not curse someone, the Wheel of Fate (RNGsus) will determine whom you curse.

6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 

7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.

8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)

9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.

10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.

11. The game will end when the assassin chooses their target.

12. Day phases will last until a lynch occurs, or an cursing occurs. The next day phase begins as soon the mod post reveals the identity of the lynched or cursed player.

13. Living players are allowed to post and talk to cursed individuals to try and sway their choice of next target.

14. You may not out the identity of the princess. You may not pretend to out the identity of the princess. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. This rule does not apply to voting for the princess.

------------

Players: 
1. Lief - WINNER (assassin)
2. Zitto - dead (guard)
3. Arix - dead (princess)
4. Coraline - dead (guard)
5. Kalaneya - dead (guard)
6. Alexandria - dead (guard)
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    IT IS DAY ONE

With six courtiers in the palace, it will take the word of four to lynch an outsider.

The dayphase will end once a lynch is made.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hello, everyone! Let's get started (but please don't lynch too quickly - remember rule 5 above which almost got us last Contagion. The rule says that the person lynched can't continue to participate after they've then passed their curse on!) Vote Coraline. I don't think I've had the chance to vote for my e-sister once in my foray into forum mafia.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • I have started a lynch train on him every single time we've played mafia, so I'm going to:

Vote Arix

I will be deploying the dreaded Wine in Front of Me after there's some posts to debate over. While it's always fun to be tricky whenever you can, there's just not much material to make a wall of text out of yet.
  • Hello, checking in. This game started on an awkward day for me so i'll try and keep up
  • Since I'll be fairly busy today, I'm going to throw an OMGUS out there for lack of any better targets. Vote Zitto
    edited October 2019
    IT IS DAY ONE

Votes:
    Coraline - Lief (1)
    Arix - Zitto (1)
    Zitto - Arix (1)

With six courtiers in the palace, it will take the word of four to lynch an outsider.

Daraius said:
  • Gasp how could you, e-sister! I'm going to vote Lief cause that hurt my feelings
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • FAMILIAL BETRAYAL!  :D

In all seriousness, we've now got four votes out there, for four different people, and two people who haven't yet voted. We're going to need to have someone unvote and consolidate at some point for a lynching.

@Zitto had just played a masterful assassin. It's certainly possible he's the assassin again in this game (and so maybe we should vote on him, just in case), but I don't know how likely it would be? When you guys assign roles, do you do it by die roll/100% randomness, or do you take previous recent roles into account?

(I totally understand if GMs aren't willing to talk about what goes on behind the screen, but if it IS truly 100% random...I don't know that my heart could take another loss with @Zitto outwitting us again. D: )
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Checking in. 

I have no idea what to think. 
  • And by that I mean, thus far, it seems like everyone is picking a random people to vote for and seeing what sticks.
    edited October 2019
    IT IS DAY ONE

Votes:
    Coraline - Lief (1)
    Arix - Zitto (1)
    Zitto - Arix (1)
    Lief - Coraline (1)

With six courtiers in the palace, it will take the word of four to lynch an outsider.

Daraius said:
  • @Kalaneya That definitely seems to be the case this game, which is strange since few last assassin games, we've started an unstoppable lynch train pretty early on.

(Personally I'm glad we're obfuscating things a little bit more here - in both of our previous games, the assassin won and I'd love to see a town victory for once!)

I don't really want to get a lynch train rolling at all until after everyone's had a chance to check in and post, but I also don't feel too bad about a D1 lynch whenever it does ultimately happen, since whoever is lynched can play into D2 as well, when the real theorizing can begin.

I'm not familiar with why @Arix traditionally gets voted for first by @Zitto (even if it's just for funsies), but @Zitto's a pretty veteran player. Meaning depending on the answer to my question above (are role assignments 100% random?) could make him a realllllly solid person to keep around, or it could (very slim chance, but a 1/6 chance nonetheless) mean we're in for another wild ride.

Similar to his logic in the last game, I think a lynch on him would be a solid choice regardless of whether he's guard or assassin because he'd make great choices.

OTOH, I have (in my admittedly short time of mafia-stalking) never seen @Coraline play scum. She could be playing scum this game and it would be super neat if we could get the assassin this time around on the first go!
    ~
    ~
  • (In truth, since we've got a really good start going, I think any of us is as good a choice as the other.)
    ~
    ~
    (RNGsus determined your alignments both last game and this game.)
    Daraius said:
  • (Thank you @Sylandra!)
    ~
    ~
  • Okay, let's see. I am bitter and cannot remember who actually finally killed me the last time I played, so I'm going to vote Coraline.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Also I am working a double today so I likely won't be able to post again till late tonight. Save the walls of text till I have time to read them if you can. :smiley:

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Lief said:

I'm not familiar with why @Arix traditionally gets voted for first by @Zitto (even if it's just for funsies), but @Zitto's a pretty veteran player.
    Keep saying nice things, Lief. I'll make sure we infect you last. I have usually pushed to lynch Arix either because I was scum and it was convenient, or because he was a survivor role and that's not town. It is probably time for me to start waggling my eyebrows suggestively and to rant about people's behavior.

@Arix has been not very active. Suspicious. I'll leave Arix and I locked down in a state of furiously pointing at each other unless a better lynch comes along. 

@Kalaneya has been very quiet. Staying low profile is not uncommon for day one, but since we only have one day where we all vote together, it's a little suspicious. I could be talked into a train on the basis of eliminating an unknown quality.

@Alexandria was the first to add weight to a random train and is conveniently too busy to actually engage in the discussion. (I want to make it absolutely clear I'm not saying you're exaggerating about work. Just pointing out that being busy in real life is incidentally also convenient if you have a reason to keep a low profile.)

...I have accused lots of people except Lief of being suspicious because they are not posting enough. The iocane powder is out now. Am I leaving her out because she's the king (again!)? Or am I blaming the king with a fairly easy smear as a distraction? Am I actually the assassin trying the same gambit that won me the game last time? (I am not, that is a joke). Maybe I'm doing something even more subtle than all of that!

• No matter what, one thing I can never be accused of us not talking enough. :D
    ~
    ~
    edited October 2019
    IT IS DAY ONE

Votes:
    Coraline - Lief, Alexandria (2)
    Arix - Zitto (1)
    Zitto - Arix (1)
    Lief - Coraline (1)

Daraius said:
  • Saturday is one of my gaming days, also groceries. The wifi at both of those places is crap
  • I ended up working 9am-3:30pm and 5-10:30pm, so yeah, it's been a peachy fun kinda day.

I have no great reason to vote for Coraline. I have no great reason not to. I'm good with my vote for now. We're not getting anywhere terribly quickly at the moment. 

Although Arix does look funny. So there's that.

• That sounds like a super rough shift, @Alexandria :( Glad you've made it out the other side!

@Kalaneya What are you thinking right now? I think you're the only one who hasn't voted yet!
    ~
    ~
  • Nothing really has caught on except for the Coraline vote which is just two people on the train. Based on current discussion, this seems completely random. My thought process is that we don't have a great reason to vote one way or another right now. Based on activity, we have four people who are basically equally inactive/noncontributory (including myself) and there's not much to discuss other than that. My inclination is to vote for Coraline just to move things along. I will say I am hesitant to bold it as it puts her into lynch range without having a full discussion about her, but she's been relatively inactive and I don't find the discussion thus far to be particularly helpful. I'll check back on this thread in a few hours and if there's nothing else anyone wants to talk about, that'll be my vote then.
  • @Coraline I am summoning you!

(Me voting for her first was completely random to be honest. We have to find the assassin somehow to protect our princess ❤️ I don't like being the first person to vote a lynch either but nobody else had kicked the game off. I'm sorry @Coraline!)

I'm not married to the idea of lynching her, that said. Like @Zitto mentioned above, getting rid of an unknown quantity who isn't very active isn't a bad idea either, but like @Kalaneya said, that's like four people to pick from right now including @Coraline.

Also summoning @Arix who we haven't heard from in a bit to see if his thoughts/vote has changed.
    ~
    ~
  • You heard from me earlier. It's not my fault that it's dead quiet when I'm around and then a flurry of activity when I go to do other things. No I am not changing my vote, Zitto is as good a vote as any.
  • Also this setup is weird for me, the infection thing 
  • Triple post: sometimes it's not the quiet ones you need to watch. It's like when there's a serial killer or a kidnapper on the loose, you gotta eyeball the folks that seem too eager to help
  • @Arix I haven't played mafia variants with those roles (newbie to forum mafia in general and assassin/variant are the only ones I've played so far) but that sounds totally logical! As evidenced by last game @Zitto

It's going to be a hard game to find the assassin in anyway though. We've managed to not find them until the very end (last game) or almost to the very end (the first round of Assassin in the Palace). We've seen both a really quiet assassin and one who talked just as much as, if not more than, me, and the assassin won both rounds.

It's interesting to me that that's how it's played out so far too in our games! Because we know who the princess is, which should narrow our real individual pool down to a 1/4 chance of guessing right on D1 as guards, and then asking everyone to please try to lynch the assassin with you.

I feel like the best we can do in a game with talkers (which @Zitto and I have both proven ourselves to be) is to try to lay out as much misinformation as possible.

I think Zitto would be helpful to keep around so he can help sow as much in the way of questions as possible to throw off the assassin. Buuut like I said earlier, there IS a 1/6 shot he's the assassin again. I just hope not (And hope he bought a small lottery ticket if he is) - it would be great to actually have him on our team this time!

One of us first four is going to have to unvote to move the game forward though!
    ~
    ~
  • One of us, or both @Alexandria and me anyway!
    ~
    ~