Sleeping Beauty: Contagion in the Palace [Assassin Wins!]

Comments

• At this point, I would prefer to be lynched over town discussing more and giving out more info to the Assassin.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I'll go ahead and vote Coraline then. Town has an off chance of hitting the assassin, but more likely it will be another guard, who at least won't poison the king. And I don't think we are gaining any more information. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    IT IS DAY ONE

Votes:
    Coraline - Lief, Alexandria, Kalaneya (3)
    Arix - Zitto (1)
    Zitto - Arix (1)
    Lief - Coraline (1)

With six courtiers in the palace, it will take the word of four to lynch an outsider.

The dayphase will end once a lynch is made.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • We might as well lynch somebody. I expected a lot more posts while I was busy all day!

There's really still no reason to lynch any one person over another right now.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I particularly dislike the Coraline lynch. I am willing to:

Vote @Kalaneya
  • I'm going to change my vote and vote Zitto
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • ok sure. Unvote Coraline, vote Zitto.
    edited October 2019
    IT IS DAY ONE

Votes:
    Coraline - Lief, Alexandria (2)
    Kalaneya - Zitto (1)
    Zitto - Arix, Coraline, Kalaneya (3)

With six courtiers in the palace, it will take the word of four to lynch an outsider.

The dayphase will end once a lynch is made.

(I can’t center these things on mobile for some reason. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • (I don't think Coraline has me voted for anymore for now!)
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    Feexed.
    Daraius said:
  • I think lynching @Zitto is both a smart move or a mistake, I can't decide which! At least, he should make a good choice if he has the curse and is on our side.

I will unvote and finish this lynch train (sorry Zitto!) to prevent another train starting and possibly giving away even more info. Vote Zitto.
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    IT IS DAY ONE

Votes:
    Coraline - Alexandria (1)
    Kalaneya - Zitto (1)
    Zitto - Arix, Coraline, Kalaneya, Lief (4)

THE COURT HAS DECREED THAT @ZITTO MUST FACE THE SLEEPING CURSE!

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Zitto pricks his finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Zitto was a Guard.

---

IT IS NOW DAY TWO

Zitto is cursed to die on 10/8 at 7:00pm, EST.

Whom shall he CURSE in revenge before falling to an endless sleep?
    Daraius said:
  • Okay, so here are my thoughts, take them or leave them @Zitto.

1. Getting multiple lynch trains started in a game like this is dangerous, especially when both go up to 3 votes. It's certainly possible we've faked out the assassin by backing off of Coraline, but why would an assassin pass up an easy and reasonable lynch? Unless the assassin had already voted for @Coraline, that's a really dangerous place to put the princess. Why wasn't she finished off? That's potentially useful information to consider....unless the assassin was happy to wait around and see if other lynch trains could start. Or unless she was the assassin despite Zitto's misgivings. The assassin can't well off herself!

2. The people who stuck to their original vote and left someone with just one vote on them are (probably?) not the assassin unless the assassin got a lucky guess in. That unfortunately includes Coraline, who voted for me, who would be most useful to off given how close to a lynch she got.

3. A lot of people had very busy weekends, so it's really hard to read into their quiet and understand whether it was intentional to hide whether they were the assassin, or whether it was incidental because of their schedules, or whether it was both. @Kalaneya was particularly hesitant to join in at first, which I understand as I'm usually in those shoes myself. Still, she jumped onto one almost-sure lynch, and then another, potentially revealing something important to the assassin by doing so.

Then again, Zitto wanted us to pull back from a sure lynch too and tried starting a different lynch train himself, so that could have been an honest mistake and not intentional on Kalaneya's part. I'm not certain about Zitto's intentions and I don't want to speculate on them as he's our only guaranteed guard.

I don't really have a good read on Alexandria, again because she had such a busy weekend. It's hard to say whether she's a guard who's just been busy and is happy to vote along with the group, or whether she's the assassin (a busy one) who voted for someone already voted for and hasn't had a chance to do much else.

I also don't have a good read on Arix's assassin potential, though given that he voted first for Zitto and didn't budge, I'm inclined to think he's all right.
    ~
    ~
  • Zitto seemed to me to vote for multiple people, making the Assassin more likely to zero in on the princess, which made me want to vote him up. I wonder why Kalaneya immediately voted with me, though... She also agreed with me when I said I don't mind being lynched to move the day forward and voted me. She could also possibly have just wanted a lynch to go through. I can't really get a read on anyone else.
  • Coraline read me pretty well there, honestly.
  • My mistake.

Curse @Kalaneya
    edited October 2019
    IT IS DAY TWO

WITH HIS LAST BREATH, ZITTO GIVES @KALANEYA THE SLEEPING CURSE!

Zitto has now fallen to the sleeping curse and may no longer take part in the dayphase.

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Kalaneya pricks her finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Kalaneya was a Guard.

---

IT IS NOW DAY THREE

Kalaneya is cursed to die on 10/9 at 8:00am, EST.

Whom shall she CURSE in revenge before falling to an endless sleep?
    Daraius said:
  • Big oof.

With four of us left and what we've probably given away to the assassin, the odds are pretty even for @Kalaneya and whoever the assassin is. :/

I still have a strong suspicion the assassin was involved in the Coraline train (possibly meaning it could actually be Coraline herself? That's our best case scenario right now, if we are that lucky.) It was too irresistible a near-lynch to pass up on. But I'm no longer comfortable ruling Arix out completely either. Perhaps he's got the patience and stamina to wait for us to reveal as much as we can.

I don't know that I have much more to add, or will have much more to consider if we don't get the assassin this round. :/
    ~
    ~
  • I still think Arix looks funny. I worked all day again yesterday (another ten hour shift). My job sucks.

I'm glad to see more activity since I was on here last.  Not loving that we've lost two guards, and one with so little to say before falling to the curse. I'm not actually inclined to believe that Coraline is the assassin at present (although it could be pure trickery, I suppose) and with so few choices, I'm going to just go ahead and vote Lief before I'm stuck at work all night. (Again. I know. I'm sorry.)

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Oh, right, forgot which one I'm playing. Ahem. I'm going to say I SUSPECT LIEF. OKAY. Don't look at me like that.

• This is no longer a democracy, @Alexandria! :D
    ~
    ~
  • Curse Coraline
    edited October 2019
    IT IS DAY THREE

WITH HER LAST BREATH, KALANEYA GIVES @CORALINE THE SLEEPING CURSE!

Kalaneya has now fallen to the sleeping curse and may no longer take part in the dayphase.

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Coraline pricks her finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Coraline was a Guard.

---

IT IS NOW DAY FOUR

Coraline is cursed to die on 10/9 at 6:30pm, EST.

Whom shall she CURSE in revenge before falling to an endless sleep?
    Daraius said:
  •  :# 
    ~
    ~
  • Ahhh now I'm in the same situation I was in last game!
  • YOLO curse Alexandria
    DAY FOUR HAS ENDED

WITH HER LAST BREATH, CORALINE GIVES @ALEXANDRIA THE SLEEPING CURSE!

Coraline has now fallen to the sleeping curse and may no longer take part in the dayphase.

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Alexandria pricks her finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Alexandria was a Guard.

---

IT IS NOW DAY FIVE

As a loyal guard, there is only one person left that Alexandria can CURSE.

WITH HER LAST BREATH, ALEXANDRIA GIVES @LIEF THE SLEEPING CURSE!

Alexandria has now fallen to the sleeping curse and may no longer take part in the dayphase.

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Lief pricks her finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Lief was the Evil Fairy, Maleficent.

---

DAY FIVE HAS ENDED

WITH A MADDENED CACKLE, LIEF GIVES @ARIX, THE FINAL MEMBER OF THE COURT, THE SLEEPING CURSE!

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Arix pricks his finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Arix was the Princess Aurora.

---

THE KINGDOM FALLS ON THE SIXTH DAY!

THE PRINCESS AURORA FALLS INTO AN ENDLESS SLEEP FROM WHICH SHE NEVER WAKES!

@LIEF, THE EVIL FAIRY, HAS WON!
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    DAY FOUR HAS ENDED

WITH HER LAST BREATH, CORALINE GIVES @ALEXANDRIA THE SLEEPING CURSE!

Coraline has now fallen to the sleeping curse and may no longer take part in the dayphase.

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Alexandria pricks her finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Alexandria was a Guard.

---

IT IS NOW DAY FIVE

As a loyal guard, there is only one person left that Alexandria can CURSE.

WITH HER LAST BREATH, ALEXANDRIA GIVES @LIEF THE SLEEPING CURSE!

Alexandria has now fallen to the sleeping curse and may no longer take part in the dayphase.

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Lief pricks her finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Lief was the Evil Fairy, Maleficent.

---

DAY FIVE HAS ENDED

WITH A MADDENED CACKLE, LIEF GIVES @ARIX, THE FINAL MEMBER OF THE COURT, THE SLEEPING CURSE!

As dark magic whispers about the castle, Arix pricks his finger on the spindle of an enchanted spinning wheel.

You see without a doubt as the magic takes shape that Arix was the Princess Aurora.

---

THE KINGDOM FALLS ON THE SIXTH DAY!

THE PRINCESS AURORA FALLS INTO AN ENDLESS SLEEP FROM WHICH SHE NEVER WAKES!

@LIEF, THE EVIL FAIRY FAELING, HAS WON!
    ftfy @Sylandra

You guys, you almost won. I was at 75/25 Alexandria/Arix at the end!

I'm calling what I did "Zitto's Gambit". Noun, when the assassin votes for someone first before anyone else can.
    ~
    ~
  • You guys, you almost won. I was at 75/25 Alexandria/Arix at the end!

This makes me feel worse:'(