Lord Lyreth's Ire [Old Log Circa 2011]

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
Throwback Thursday time! @Aethen was asking about this ICly, so I fished out the old log of Sylandra being booted from Lord Lyreth's order to share. This used to have a home on the old forums, but now it is here on the fancy new forums! Over eight years later.

Context: This happened around January of 2011. Hallifax had left an alliance with Celest while Sylandra, CL of Hallifax at the time, was a member of the Celestian god's order. Before the alliance departure occurred and Hallifax allied officially with Magnagora, Sylandra prayed to Lyreth to prepare Him for the news, as she was the one of His Inner Circle members at the time. Betrayal and heartbreak ensued.

---

The Divine voice of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince echoes in your head, "Indeed, dear?"

You tell Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince, "You recall when I spoke to You, before my election, of how politics might interfere with my ties to You?"

The Divine voice of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince echoes in your head, "I do recall some trifling mention of contingencies pertaining to that nature, yes."

You tell Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince, "I fear that such a moment will present itself very shortly in the coming months."

The Divine voice of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince echoes in your head, "How so, dear? Elostian has been markedly inoffensive throughout this entire affair, which is rather saying something."

You tell Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince, "Yes, that is. To be honest, I worry that I shall no longer be the sort of follower You would wish in Your order. For now, we are on terms with Celest that allow such devotion."

The Divine voice of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince echoes in your head, "For now, dear?"

Strains of unearthly music fill the air as motes of incandescent light manifest, coalescing into the form of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince.

l lyreth
He is a radiant immortal and the air around Him positively sings with an all-encompassing warmth. Arching gracefully from His shoulder blades are brilliant wings that veritably glow with lustrous hues, the feathers light gold where they meet skin, fading into pastel shades of yellow, before ultimately shifting into argent white at the utmost tips. His striking visage is that of a young man having recently grown out of adolescence, leaving Him leanly muscled and long of limb. He is possessed of a pale, creamy complexion lined only amidst expressions of amusement, leaving him ageless and in the end, all the more innocent for it. His sapphire gaze is enigmatic, set beneath thick blond brows and is deceptively open, piercing and brutal at the same time as it is most tender. A silken mop of platinum blond hair crowns His head, the brilliant locks framing the fair cast of His face with unruly shocks and soft highlights of gold as they fall to the middle of His bare back.

You curtsey respectfully before Lyreth.

Lyreth tilts His head curiously.

You tell Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince, "That might change, my Lord."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "...might it indeed?"

You say, "I would be lying if I said otherwise."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "Against the will of yourself, premier political official of the Sovereign Commonwealth of Hallifax, with the ear of its very Patron, no less?"

You say, "Me as the Governor, or me as Your humble servant? One can have conflicting desires, my Lord, and in this the will of my political self outweighs my personal wishes."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "What could be so terrible, to have you in such a state, then?"

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "Your wedding, of course. I suppose I might pardon the Shevats their fancies..."

A wry smile spreads across your face.

You say, "Hallifax is unhappy with the alliance. And has been for some time."

(Order): Aaralyn says, "Greetings, my Lord."

You see the following people here:
Lyreth, Sylandra

(Order): Pesukaru says, "Lord Lyreth, are You hiding?"

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "You wish to secede, then?"

You have emoted: Sylandra hesitates somewhat, then allows herself a slow nod.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "You..."

Frowning slightly, Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "You would not allow your city to stand without allies against the schisms that are already formed, would you."

Very softly, you say, "No, my Lord, I would not."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince unfurls His wings slightly, gazing at you pointedly.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "What would you then do, dear?"

You drop to one knee, demonstrating your humility and respect.

Her voice fighting to remain level, you say, "What my city requires of me, my Lord."

You say, "And if that involves allying with those who are...opposed to..."

You have emoted: Sylandra lets her voice trail off, the words becoming difficult to say.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "Opposed to. Opposed to?"

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince allows the faintest flicker of a scowl to mar His features, chin jutting out proudly.

The words a whisper, you say, "Opposed to Your city, my Lord."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "What they have done to My city. What that vile, treacherous bastard did to Me."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "You would join them. You would...you..."

You have emoted: Sylandra bows her head humbly, bracing herself.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince snarls, fair cast deepening in hue to a ruddy scarlet hue.

(Order): Pesukaru says, "Either I'm blind, or I'm missing Lord Lyreth's usually flashy, upbeat and golden entry."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "I will not stand for this. Not from My meanest, least-favoured supplicant."

Thinly, Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "And not, madam Governor, from you."

Voice choking out, you say, "That is fair, my Lord."

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince straightens, wings furling absently about Himself.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "Your reasons are unsound and the company which you keep has clearly driven you beyond the point of reasonable sanity, but your devotion to your city is admirable. May you yet find solace in it."

You have emoted: Sylandra keeps her head low, tears streaming unbidden down her cheeks.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince flicks a hand grimly, turning about.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "You will find none with Mine."

Spasms of acute pain suddenly wrack your body, twisting your insides in vicious knots. Your flesh rips painfully apart, revealing mounds of disgusting, disease-ridden maggots which burst from your skin as the world seems to grow larger and larger. The mocking laughter of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince rings in your ears as your transformation into a filthy maggot is complete.
Your race is now that of Maggot.

A golden inferno suddenly flares into being, bursting into raging life about the form of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince. The flames diverge into numerous tendrils that evaporate upon the breeze, leaving no trace of the God.

owho
These faithful of the Divine Order of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince are online:
Whimsical Conductor, Pesukaru Lunarose, 'coon of the Verse
Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale (Inner Circle)
Squire Aaralyn Luminare, Ward of Inagin
There are 3 mortals in your Circle (and below) on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince uninitiates you from the mysteries of the Circle of the Muses of the Divine Order of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince

Through your bond to a vibrant collar of spun gold and prismatic crystal, you feel it crumble away to dust.
You sink to your knees in despair as you realize that you have been cast out of the Divine Order of Lyreth.

Lyreth removes you from the Fledglings of Verse of the Divine Order of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince.

Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'll fight him.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Oof. Tough choice.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Daraius said:
    I'll fight him.
    Lyreth died (kind of) because he crossed Sylandra and Daraius. Facts.