QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited October 2019

Faintly buzzing, you ask Xenthos, "How have been?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Rather well, I'd say."

Faintly buzzing, you exclaim to Xenthos, "Ah? Good!"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "How about you?"

Faintly buzzing, you exclaim to Xenthos, "Am O-K!"

Faintly buzzing, you say to Xenthos, "Have all of pieces, am not on fire..."

Xenthos points the Chromatic Rod of the Avenger at you, and sparks fly out of it.

Flames erupt on your skin, blistering your flesh.

You are afflicted with burns.

You are afflicted with ablaze.

You stare implacably at Xenthos.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "I see fire."

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Grinning broadly, Jitta Ko catches your attention surreptitiously. He hisses, "Jitta has wares if you have gold?"

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    i can haz skooma?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    A keen-eyed falcon explodes with a light pop, scattering feathers everywhere.

:o 
    That's what happens when a scarfFalcon's time is up.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited October 2019

@Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "A gryphon is kind of like a cat... but a lion is DEFINITELY a- ... Ilistala, I am a trained tailor and will make a COAT out of you if you kill this seal."

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Are these totally random or are there some easter eggs coded in there?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I'd like to know this too!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Daraius said:
    You know, Shulamit's log also has the "this is rare" line, so I have to wonder! Maybe if @Maeko can confirm too, that'd make it a proper marker since I know not everyone gets that extra line included in the fortune dialogues.

Either way, <3

• edited November 2019
    Here's what happened with my fortune, I had one at first about me being attacked by bloodied furrikin. And then, I came back to her and this happened:

Gazing into the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Yesss, yes! I can see... I can see..." Seer Pachima Mologmomo peers into the crystal ball intently, hands moving in enigmatic gestures about its surface. The image within the crystal ball shifts, swirls of energy churning eagerly. Darkness descends upon the room, all candles extinguishing as if a divine breath has claimed all the flames in one exhale. The crystal ball fills with an eerie ethereal light which illuminates Pachima's enraptured face. The light reflecting in her spectacles, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh, oh my... this is... rare." Ethereal light swirls within the crystal ball, neither warm nor cold. Rays of shimmering light burst forth from within at irregular intervals. Hands cradling the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "I can see it, truly see it. You cannot find that which you seek because it is lost all on its own, not merely hiding. Like morning rain washing away the blurry dreams of the night, the paint has washed pieces of her away."

Seer Pachima Mologmomo holds onto the crystal ball a while longer while ethereal light bursts from between her fingertips. Slowly she manages to disperse the light and candles come aflame within the room.

The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • The image within the crystal ball shifts, swirls of energy churning eagerly.

Darkness descends upon the room, all candles extinguishing as if a divine breath has claimed all the flames in one exhale. The crystal ball fills with an eerie ethereal light which illuminates Pachima's enraptured face.

The light reflecting in her spectacles, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh, oh my... this is... rare."

Ethereal light swirls within the crystal ball, neither warm nor cold. Rays of shimmering light burst forth from within at irregular intervals.

Hands cradling the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "I can see it, truly see it. A small pinprick of light, defying the darkness with its very existence. It flickers beneath the weight of the shadows. It is everything, this tiny spark. If it goes out, what then?"
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo holds onto the crystal ball a while longer while ethereal light bursts from between her fingertips. Slowly she manages to disperse the light and candles come aflame within the room.

Here is Lief's! Very Maylean. :grin:
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • The light reflecting in her spectacles, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh, oh my... this is... rare."

Ethereal light swirls within the crystal ball, neither warm nor cold. Rays of shimmering light burst
    forth from within at irregular intervals.

Hands cradling the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "I can see it, truly see it. Waves,
    rising and cresting, of a sea I have not seen before. You stand before it, straining to enforce your 
    will upon it as it struggles to resist."
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo holds onto the crystal ball a while longer while ethereal light bursts from
    between her fingertips. Slowly she manages to disperse the light and candles come aflame within the 
    room.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You reach out and touch a mysterious crystal ball.
    A feeling like a hundred spiders running up your fingers through your arms and onto your body shakes through your being as the crystal ball draws some of your energy into itself.

Gazing into the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Yesss, yes! I can see... I can see..."
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo peers into the crystal ball intently, hands moving in enigmatic gestures about its surface.

The image within the crystal ball shifts, swirls of energy churning eagerly.

Trickles of warm light fill the crystal ball, illuminating the library with a faint pink aura.

Grinning, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "My, what do we have heeeere!"

An image forms within the crystal ball and Seer Pachima Mologmomo's eyes widen as she beholds the secrets contained therein.

With a whistle, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "Quite the big dreams you've got there! If I'm seeing it right the Divine you have been making offerings to is pleased, perhaps you will bear a divine favour soon. Good luck!"
    With a dismissive gesture Seer Pachima Mologmomo dispells the pale pink glow filling the crystal ball, readying it for the next client.

Get on it, @Jadice:*
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • You reach out and touch a mysterious crystal ball.
    A feeling like a hundred spiders running up your fingers through your arms and onto your body shakes through your being as the crystal ball draws some of your energy into itself.

Gazing into the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Yesss, yes! I can see... I can see..."
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo peers into the crystal ball intently, hands moving in enigmatic gestures about its surface.

The room shudders as a wave of energy lashes out of the crystal ball, upsetting books lined high upon the bookshelves.

Eyes reflecting the angry light of the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "Oh no, no no, this is bad!"

The crystal ball shimmers with a malevolent light, drawing long shadows everywhere except Seer Pachima Mologmomo's face.

Hands cradling her face, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "I'm afraid that you will have to go in to go out and go out to go in, and when your tears turn to ice, will Ackleberry be returned to us. The crystal ball never lies!"
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo shakes her head sadly as she moves her hands over the ball, dispelling the reading like a bad dream.

Ok guys, someone punch me in the gut somewhere cold and let's make this happen
  • A translucent ghost tells you, "Goodness! You scared me worse than the time I got caught in a Gaudiguchian drinking contest and woke up in Serenwilde... without my pants!"

Sounds legit.
  • I'm kicking myself because I was on my laptop when I did my first fortune, so I didn't save the exact wording, but she did the 'oh this is rare', had Gurashi holding a small version of himself and was chiseling away at pieces of it it until his hands were bloodied O_o ;; Which was ... kind of scary perfect for his Divine encounters as of late XD A lot of these predictions HAVE to have been coded to players somehow. I don't know how but a lot of them are too perfect.

• Lief said:

Darkness descends upon the room, all candles extinguishing as if a divine breath has claimed all the flames in one exhale. The crystal ball fills with an eerie ethereal light which illuminates Pachima's enraptured face.

The light reflecting in her spectacles, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh, oh my... this is... rare."

Ethereal light swirls within the crystal ball, neither warm nor cold. Rays of shimmering light burst forth from within at irregular intervals.

Hands cradling the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "I can see it, truly see it. A small pinprick of light, defying the darkness with its very existence. It flickers beneath the weight of the shadows. It is everything, this tiny spark. If it goes out, what then?"

Here is Lief's! Very Maylean. :grin:
    See! This is why I'm like

at Pachima. How is that not the most perfect fortune for Lief. 

• The fortunes are brilliant, I got:
    Hands cradling the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "I can see it, truly see it. The pink cannot be escaped, only endured."

:smiley:
  • Here was my rare fortune:

Hands cradling the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "I can see it, truly see it. There is a wide, open space - a stage! It glistens with sparkling light. Upon it lies a single shoe. I cannot make out more, for the light is too bright."

This is probably perfect for Merlose? I just need to figure out how.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited November 2019
    This was my favorite Syl fortune:

The table shudders beneath the crystal ball as a miniature bolt of lightning appears to have struck within.

Curiously, to the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "What are you going to show me, my darling?"

The cloudy essence within the crystal ball parts, revealing a clear sky with but a single cloud contained within that Seer Pachima Mologmomo peers into inquisitively.

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the crystals will respond if only you sing."
    Lips pursed in thought Seer Pachima Mologmomo waves her hands enigmatically over the crystal ball, dismissing the cloudy sky from within.

:# 
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."