Simple questions?

1160161162163164166»

Comments

• IanirIanir Administrator, Moderator Posts: 567 Creator
    Aonia said:
    Ghibli said:
    Anyway to unset the typecast power without removing it? I've tried a couple variations of POWERS SET TYPECAST NONE, NOTHING, etc with no effect.
    POWERS SET TYPECAST DEFAULT should do it - we'll look at making that clearer in the in-game syntax.
    NONE, NOTHING, and CLEAR now work as well.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia GameMember Posts: 4,703 Transcendent
    Random question. Did PSIONICS IRONWILL ever affect aetherwill, or was that a fever dream I had? Didn't realize it was a way to regenerate ego.
    Portius said:
    Is Toshan monasticism a trick to domesticate loboshigaru and turn them all into good doggies who need treats?
    edited October 30
    Sylandra said:
    Random question. Did PSIONICS IRONWILL ever affect aetherwill, or was that a fever dream I had? Didn't realize it was a way to regenerate ego.
    All willpower-regenerating skills and effects improve aetherwill regeneration. This includes your skill in discipline, IronWill in Psionics, the circlet of willpower (auction item), willpower regen runes, Greenman in Stag, and rocking chair. Interestingly, it does not include the willpower manse gem, which is on an entirely separate tick and seems to have been coded well before the existence of aetherwill and forgotten about.

EDIT: Gems and org upgrades now affect aetherwill as of Changelog 1870
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,759 Transcendent
    edited October 30
    Thank you.  We had actually tested that out (on Talan's ship), it did not work, and we were told Not A Bug.
    A very, very long time ago.
    Edit: Also, the Willpower regen rune is marked as Retired even though it does regenerate aetherwill.  I never traded it in for that reason.  Is it even still in the ashop?
    Xenthos said:

Edit: Also, the Willpower regen rune is marked as Retired even though it does regenerate aetherwill.  I never traded it in for that reason.  Is it even still in the ashop?
    It is not. I can readd it if it'd be useful.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia GameMember Posts: 4,703 Transcendent
    edited October 30
    Ooh, gotcha! TIL. Thanks, @Ianir. <3
    Portius said:
    Is Toshan monasticism a trick to domesticate loboshigaru and turn them all into good doggies who need treats?
  • TridemonTridemon Member Posts: 736 Fabled
    Can you get multiple negatives of a beast or wonderitem by using multiple wizzer boxes?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EsoneyunaEsoneyuna Member Posts: 168 Adept
    edited November 14
    Does steelgut (brewmeister) prevent you from getting drunk? and if so do (mostly gaudi) skills that increase in power on your inhibration level/increased tolerance somehow compensate for this?
  • ChorosChoros Member Posts: 152 Adept
    Esoneyuna said:
    Does steelgut (brewmeister) prevent you from getting drunk? and if so do (mostly gaudi) skills that increase in power on your inhibration level/increased tolerance somehow compensate for this?
    I believe it just takes more to get you drunk, and I don't have any clue but I doubt it.
    Ianir the Anomaly has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 30 months.
  • OraelOrael Member, Administrator, Moderator, Gods Posts: 351 Creator
    Steelgut increases your tolerance.

Tolerance decreases the chances of fumbling or other negative effects of being drunk. It does not reduce your drunkenness levels.

Skills (such as drinkingsong) typically only care about your drunkenness levels and not your tolerance.
  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 360 Virtuoso
    o A generic insect commodity has been added to DESIGN LISTCOMMS.
          o Please remember that if your insect type is represented by a
       specific commodity (e.g. spider) you must use the specific commodity.

What is supposed to count as an insect right now? I've gone around probing everything I can think of and none of them have been given "insect" as a noun yet - not even flies or mosquitoes.
  • AoniaAonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Gods Posts: 12 Creator
    Giant centipedes do, as do Nightmarket scarabs.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 360 Virtuoso
    Thanks.
    Is anyone else having a weird issue with the forums not marking things as read after you open the threads? I ignored it the first time it happened, but now it's doing it to me again. 
    YES omg and I hate it so much. You are not alone.
    Portius said:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,759 Transcendent
    edited November 29
    It appears to happen with new Autoposter threads most frequently.  Existing threads are fine though.  It appears to have been introduced at the same time as another forum bug: If you've checked out @Gurashi 's artwork, you can see that art that used to be fullsized has gotten centered and scrunched after the fact.  It now looks nowhere near as good as it used to, and it's not because he edited it (thanks forum bugs).
    At least two forum updates ago they introduced another bug that sometimes gives you two edit boxes instead of one (I usually see it on the Activity page, but occasionally here in the reply boxes as well).  I've tried typing into both of them to see what happens; the top one actually gets the response and whatever is typed into the bottom one gets lost.
    The most recent update did not fix that bug, just introduced more.
    Forum updates appear to not be great. :(
    Edit: Also, the text in the Quote boxes now appears to be a light gray which doesn't fit in so well with the forum background colour.  I think that's new as of this update too, it used to be the standard black.
  • AlexandriaAlexandria Member Posts: 205 Master
    Yeah, it's happening to other threads too, but it does seem to be related to when autoposter posts. Many bugs, much bugs. Oh well.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

• GurashiGurashi Member Posts: 373 Transcendent
    Okay. Let's say I want to customize the appearance of a regular goat. Is it 50CR to customize an animal's appearance (not change skills or anything), or do you need to have the 500CR Beast as a minimum requirement to alter the appearance? 
    Many greetings! I do commissions!

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,649 Transcendent
    You can’t use the CUSTOMIZE system for beasts, so I assume it’s the latter. Might be worth emailing [email protected] if you don’t get an official answer here though.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."