Simple questions?

Comments

• Aonia said:
    Ghibli said:
    Anyway to unset the typecast power without removing it? I've tried a couple variations of POWERS SET TYPECAST NONE, NOTHING, etc with no effect.
    POWERS SET TYPECAST DEFAULT should do it - we'll look at making that clearer in the in-game syntax.
    NONE, NOTHING, and CLEAR now work as well.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Random question. Did PSIONICS IRONWILL ever affect aetherwill, or was that a fever dream I had? Didn't realize it was a way to regenerate ego.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited October 2019
    Sylandra said:
    Random question. Did PSIONICS IRONWILL ever affect aetherwill, or was that a fever dream I had? Didn't realize it was a way to regenerate ego.
    All willpower-regenerating skills and effects improve aetherwill regeneration. This includes your skill in discipline, IronWill in Psionics, the circlet of willpower (auction item), willpower regen runes, Greenman in Stag, and rocking chair. Interestingly, it does not include the willpower manse gem, which is on an entirely separate tick and seems to have been coded well before the existence of aetherwill and forgotten about.

EDIT: Gems and org upgrades now affect aetherwill as of Changelog 1870
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2019
    Thank you.  We had actually tested that out (on Talan's ship), it did not work, and we were told Not A Bug.
    A very, very long time ago.
    Edit: Also, the Willpower regen rune is marked as Retired even though it does regenerate aetherwill.  I never traded it in for that reason.  Is it even still in the ashop?
  • Xenthos said:

Edit: Also, the Willpower regen rune is marked as Retired even though it does regenerate aetherwill.  I never traded it in for that reason.  Is it even still in the ashop?
    It is not. I can readd it if it'd be useful.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited October 2019
    Ooh, gotcha! TIL. Thanks, @Ianir. <3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Can you get multiple negatives of a beast or wonderitem by using multiple wizzer boxes?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited November 2019
    Does steelgut (brewmeister) prevent you from getting drunk? and if so do (mostly gaudi) skills that increase in power on your inhibration level/increased tolerance somehow compensate for this?
  • Esoneyuna said:
    Does steelgut (brewmeister) prevent you from getting drunk? and if so do (mostly gaudi) skills that increase in power on your inhibration level/increased tolerance somehow compensate for this?
    I believe it just takes more to get you drunk, and I don't have any clue but I doubt it.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Steelgut increases your tolerance.

Tolerance decreases the chances of fumbling or other negative effects of being drunk. It does not reduce your drunkenness levels.

Skills (such as drinkingsong) typically only care about your drunkenness levels and not your tolerance.
  • o A generic insect commodity has been added to DESIGN LISTCOMMS.
          o Please remember that if your insect type is represented by a
       specific commodity (e.g. spider) you must use the specific commodity.

What is supposed to count as an insect right now? I've gone around probing everything I can think of and none of them have been given "insect" as a noun yet - not even flies or mosquitoes.
  • Giant centipedes do, as do Nightmarket scarabs.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
    edited November 2019
    It appears to happen with new Autoposter threads most frequently.  Existing threads are fine though.  It appears to have been introduced at the same time as another forum bug: If you've checked out @Gurashi 's artwork, you can see that art that used to be fullsized has gotten centered and scrunched after the fact.  It now looks nowhere near as good as it used to, and it's not because he edited it (thanks forum bugs).
    At least two forum updates ago they introduced another bug that sometimes gives you two edit boxes instead of one (I usually see it on the Activity page, but occasionally here in the reply boxes as well).  I've tried typing into both of them to see what happens; the top one actually gets the response and whatever is typed into the bottom one gets lost.
    The most recent update did not fix that bug, just introduced more.
    Forum updates appear to not be great. :(
    Edit: Also, the text in the Quote boxes now appears to be a light gray which doesn't fit in so well with the forum background colour.  I think that's new as of this update too, it used to be the standard black.
  • Yeah, it's happening to other threads too, but it does seem to be related to when autoposter posts. Many bugs, much bugs. Oh well.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Okay. Let's say I want to customize the appearance of a regular goat. Is it 50CR to customize an animal's appearance (not change skills or anything), or do you need to have the 500CR Beast as a minimum requirement to alter the appearance? 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You can’t use the CUSTOMIZE system for beasts, so I assume it’s the latter. Might be worth emailing artifacts@lusternia.com if you don’t get an official answer here though.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • For GUILD POINTS THRESHOLD are those numbers supposed to be TOTAL point values you need to be promoted, so 'have a total of 250 points to be promoted from gr3 to gr4" OR is it supposed to be 'You need 50 points to go from gr3 to gr4'? Does that make sense?
    They're bugged.  It shows you the total needed for the rank after the one you're working on.
    So if rank 4 needs 100 points, rank 5 needs 150 points, and you are rank 3 it will tell you that you need 150 points to advance to rank 4.  This report has been filed since the guild points thing was introduced, but until that is fixed the threshold thing is pretty useless.
    It is intended to be a cumulative total though, because that is how guild points work (it all adds together), it doesn't seem to track points by rank.
    edited December 2019
    Xenthos said:
    They're bugged.  It shows you the total needed for the rank after the one you're working on.
    So if rank 4 needs 100 points, rank 5 needs 150 points, and you are rank 3 it will tell you that you need 150 points to advance to rank 4.  This report has been filed since the guild points thing was introduced, but until that is fixed the threshold thing is pretty useless.
    It is intended to be a cumulative total though, because that is how guild points work (it all adds together), it doesn't seem to track points by rank.

FYI, because I have a Magnagoran guild leader also asking about it: Apparently at some point semi-recently, it's been changed so it's 100% wrong instead of 50% wrong.  Guild points award used to trigger on the correct threshold (giving a notification & entry in the guild log) but guild points show didn't.  Now both are bugged / wrong, so you don't get informed when your guild people have enough points to advance either.  Gotta do it all by hand now.
  • From the Sower logs:

2019/12/15 05:43:59 - Quest tracker has awarded 50 points to Eol for task #971 (Serenwilde Epic - Become a Sacred Guardian).
    2019/12/15 05:43:59 - Eol has met the threshold for a promotion from rank 3.

I don't think it's all 100% wrong right now, unless I am missing what is meant (entirely possible, I've only just woken up.)
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Does anybody have a copy of Ghani's description they can post?

Preferably both the incognito viscanti prereveal and the revealed Ghani.
    edited December 2019
    Lief said:
    From the Sower logs:

2019/12/15 05:43:59 - Quest tracker has awarded 50 points to Eol for task #971 (Serenwilde Epic - Become a Sacred Guardian).
    2019/12/15 05:43:59 - Eol has met the threshold for a promotion from rank 3.

I don't think it's all 100% wrong right now, unless I am missing what is meant (entirely possible, I've only just woken up.)
    Here's an example of the new issue I'm having:
    Rank  Points for Promotion                                                    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1     10

(It takes 10 points to advance from rank 1)

2019/12/12 22:43:56 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #766 (1a. Shadowmaze Geography Lesson).
    2019/12/12 22:43:57 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #767 (1b. Shadowmaze History Lesson).
    2019/12/12 22:43:59 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #768 (1c. Shadowmaze Planar Lesson).
    2019/12/12 22:44:00 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #769 (1d. Shadowmaze Hunting Lesson).
    2019/12/12 22:44:04 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #770 (1e. Shadowmaze Power Lesson).
    2019/12/12 22:44:05 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #771 (1f. Shadowmaze Influence Lesson).
    2019/12/12 22:45:31 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #772 (2) Appearance).
    2019/12/12 22:47:03 - Xenthos has awarded 2 points to x for task #774 (4) The Wyrden Temple and Rotbark).
    2019/12/12 22:50:40 - Xenthos has awarded 1 points to x for task #773 (3) Supplies).
    2019/12/12 22:56:09 - Xenthos has promoted x for: For completing the tasks of the Initiate.

Note how there is no entry in the log there; the prior person I advanced did work fine when reaching the threshold, but this certainly wasn't the case now.  I spent about 6 minutes trying to figure out what was going on before I just threw my hands in the air and gave up on it.

GUILD POINTS SHOW stated:
    Total Points: 10 Points required for promotion: 15
    (So he had 10 points, and it wanted him to get 15 more-- the total needed for the next rank).

50 points is a pretty large chunk; is it possible that you have it set up in such a way that 50 points gave Eol enough to meet the next rank's threshold as well?  In that case I would expect it to give notice.

Thank you!  I will provide any information I can.  Am at work right now but I have definitely invested a ton of time into this guild rank system and really want to see it work well for everyone.
  • It's definitely possible - I'm not very good at numbers and keeping track of where people are at, but it DID feel to me like it maybe took Eol a while to have enough points to advance.

Thank you for looking into it Orael! Now that I look, both our most recent Gr1 people didn't have the message show up when they did the right number of tasks.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    You can GUILD POINTS SHOW EOL for a total.  I'm thinking that enough points were earned for two promotions.
  • So it's been a while since I did much with guild points but my memory is that the reqs are just offset from one level from what you'd assume. If rank 1 is set to require 10 points and rank 2 25, the message will trigger when you've got 25 points - because that's the requirement for rank 2. That is to say, the points listed are the threshold to reach that level, rather than the point at which you're promoted beyond it. Once you notice that, I recall it working more or less as expected.