Announce Post #2976: Non-Binary Genders in Lusternia

edited November 2019 in Announce Posts
Hello everybody,

After several requests for this, I've added the ability to include more than two genders. If Lusternia can have crystalline players, it can have more than two genders.

As of right now, there are only three options (male, female, and non-binary). In the future there may be more. Non-binary pronouns, as implemented, are they/them.

There is likely a lot of code that assumes there can only be two genders, or does not play well with the third. We have attempted to find as many of these as possible, but with the amount of code in Lusternia it is inevitable we have not found them all. We will be fixing and adjusting these as they are found.

Everybody has been given a chance to change their gender as they see fit. You may do so with CHANGEGENDER <MALE/FEMALE/NON-BINARY>. This has also been enabled in character creation, and the bubble, mirror, and genderbend skill have been changed to reflect this change.

- Ianir

(Autoposter Bot died. Fixing shortly!)
Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.

Comments

• @Ianir is this available to denizens at all?
    Would be nice to have Enfys correctly gendered
  • Saran said:
    @Ianir is this available to denizens at all?
    We'll be looking at this in the nearish future, but we're focusing on players for the moment.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Saran said:
    @Ianir is this available to denizens at all?
    We'll be looking at this in the nearish future, but we're focusing on players for the moment.
    Awesome, thanks
  • Ooh, I didn't even think about Eurael! Although they probably don't care anyway. :D

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!