Six Ages Mafia

Comments

• I agree. Sorry, Lief!

Vote: Lief
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • I don't want to die, but it's okay! <3

Just please scrutinize Merlose, Carakhan, and Zitto extra hard if you guys off me. I really feel like it's one of them.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie

It is now DAY TWO. The day end on Monday, Nov 25th, at 3PM EST.
    With 6 Riders alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch!

VOTES
    Lief-3,(Sylandra, Carakhan, Mysrai)
    Carakhan-1(Lief)
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Two hours left @Merlose @Zitto.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Looking back over the past few days of posts, I really find my suspicion senses tinging at @Carakhan. Like she said about @Lief, being the last to claim makes the claim easier. Carakhan may have softclaimed a protection power, but she was the last to claim a gender, and the last to claim a god/dess. So it's easy enough to try to fit any narrative that's been built up. It makes sense that we have a 50/50 gendersplit, but, that's also not necessarily the case either.

Since we've still got a little over an hour right now, I'm going to vote Carakhan and see if @Zitto wants to add anything
    I want someone dead so I’ll hop if we need to. But we need an agreement.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • We have an hour, so as one of the "confirmed" town, I'll be glad to swap vote to not muck up people's feelings about clinching. If that's wise; I didn't think I'd survive past the first night!
  • Maybe @Zitto is hanging on for another absolute last minute lynch. :grin:
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • I want to note something else quickly, since it may be relevant. Maybe not.  There are four claimed powers that all have something in common: They're all a god ritual from Six Ages. Mysrai claims Nyalida's Marriage Maker, Leif claims Elmal's Path Guardian, I claim Hyalor's Tablet Maker, and Carakhan claims Gamari Horse Mother.  The odd ones are Zitto, claiming Raven, a spirit instead of a god with no rituals, and Sylandra, claiming Zarlen, who doesn't have a ritual listed on the wiki, but her watcher claim lines up with a shrine power of his. Zitto's Raven may be because I don't think any of the gods are bi-gender, and it Portius may have wanted that in the game.

Does this mean anything? I guess we'll find out.
    Thirty minutes left and no consensus in sight. Tick tock. @Zitto? @Mysrai?
    Daraius said:
    Heck @Merlose could change her mind too.
    Daraius said:

VOTES
    Lief-3,(Sylandra, Carakhan, Mysrai)
    Carakhan-2(Lief, Merlose)
  • Alright, I was hoping to let Zitto have a chance to speak, but I have things to get to and can't wait any longer. I'm going unvote on Carakhan, reserve my suspicion, and vote Lief. Some information is better than none.
  • Sorry, just had a chance to check in. I agree with the lynch

Vote Lief
  • Sylandra said:
    Thirty minutes left and no consensus in sight. Tick tock. @Zitto? @Mysrai?
    Not that it matters since we have four votes now, but I had agreed to vote with you on Cara!
    I wasn’t going to hop from the train until it hit 3 people! But whooo we made it. Time to see what happens! 
    Daraius said:
  • A classic tale of two people both waiting for the other to make the first move. You could make a play out if that.
    edited November 2019
    VOTES
    Lief-4(Sylandra, Carakhan, Mysrai, Merlose)
    Carakhan-1(Lief)

THAT'S A LYNCH!
    ----------------
    The riders struggled to make their choice, but they made it all the same. The council declares Lief to be a traitor, proclaiming that he must die. Lief flees to his tent, trying to ready his mount to run. Unfortunately, he needs a long time to hook horses up to a chariot. He dies under the hooves of Gamari's free daughters, and the riders all laugh at the tactical inferiority of the chariot.
    Lief was...Samnal!
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages442Samnalchainsjpgrevisionlatestcb20181115003352
    "Samnal stole Gamari's children and yoked them to his cart." 
    You worship Samnal, lawgiver to the Wheels. He taught your people to keep to the old ways of the Golden City as best they could. He bound horses to his cart, thereby creating the chariot. He is an authoritarian god, but he gives order to society. Everything will be fine as long as everyone stays in their proper place.
    Samnal is male.
    Fire Cages: Your people burn those who break from the sacred ones. On EVEN-NUMBERED nights (N2, N4, etc) you may BURN X to kill them.
    The Old Ways: The Riders may have forgotten the perfect order of the Golden City, but you have not. The daughters of Gamari are servants, not comrades. Once per game, at night, you may BIND X.  If your target is Female, you will block her powers.
    N2 UPDATE:
    The pounding of military drums and the whistling of breath through skull-whistles fills your ears as you tend to your shrine. The Red Sun rises, and you have need of its power. You make a sacrifice and drink in the power of Shargash, just this once.
    You may now kill every night!
    ----------------------
    Hyalor's people have purged the enemies from their council! Just in time, too! Scouts report that the demon-men of Alkoth have found a way south, bypassing the Glacier that crushed the empire!
    FileAlkothiRaidpng
    But, the riders are unified. For now, at least. The people of Shargash are mighty enemies, but you have horses, and you fend them off. The Riders win!
  • edited November 2019
    Y'all did a freaky good job!! I hope I sowed just enough confusion to make it interesting. :D
    ~
    ~
    Look! Role cards!

Merlose:
    You worship...Hyalor!
    FileHyalorTabletMakerjpg
    "Hyalor told Osara, 'When you are right, argue. When you are wrong, throw a feast.'" 
    Hyalor is the lawgiver to your people, the Hyalorings, who also call themselves the Riders. He healed Gamari, and she allowed him to ride, and so your people ride her daughters, who are horses. He taught your people that any tradition can change when survival is on the line. When he brought laws to your ancestors, they clamored to see him. He turned his golden tablet around and revealed that it was blank, for Riders must think for themselves.
    Hyalor is Male
    Hyalor Tablet Maker: Your god was a leader who taught people to find their own way. Once per game, at night, you may SHOW TABLETS TO X. If that person has a limited power, they will gain one more use.
    ------------
    Mysrai:
    You worship...Nyalda!
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimagesbb4IMG_1126jpgrevisionlatestcb20181113015638
    "When Elmal showed Nyalda Earth Mother how to protect herself from pounding hail, she left her useless husbands and married him." 
    Your goddess is Nyalda, queen of the earth and wife of Elmal. She is the marriage goddess who tricked and bested her unworthy suitors so she could marry a worthy mate. She is the mother of the grain and animal goddesses who keep your people fed. Nyalda is clever, generous, and vital for survival.
    Nyalda is Female.
    Nyalda Marriage Maker: Nyalda taught your people the right way to arrange a marriage. Once per game, at night, you may MATCH X AND Y. You must target one male role and one female role to do so. If you do not, your power will fail and you will be able to use it again. The two targets will be able to communicate privately at night (and only at night!) for the rest of the game.
    ------------------------
    Zitto:
    You worship...Raven!
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages77dHyalorAndRavenpngrevisionlatestcb20181112161413
    "When Raven tricks you, it is for a good reason." 
    You are a shaman, and Raven is your guide. He is a trickster, greedy, gluttonous, and unreliable, but he can do things that the gods cannot. He breaks taboos, but teaches valuable lessons. He is cruel, but his cruelty can bring great rewards to your people. He even pecks at his friends, but he helps more than he hurts.
    Raven is both Male and Female.
    Thievery: Raven is a treacherous thief. Once per game, at night, you may ROB X to gain a single use of their power.
    ------------
    Sylandra:
    You worship...Zarlen!
    "Zarlen was born from a mixed marriage, which is why he is a wandering star." 
    You follow Zarlen, the god of wanders. He was Elmal's illegitimate son, disliked by the rest of the gods, and so he turned to wandering. He discovered enemies during his travels and returned to warn his kin, thereby saving them and winning their love. They offered him a proper place in the tribe, but he realized his role was to serve everywhere else instead.
    Zarlen is Male.
    Zarlen First Wanderer: Your god wanders and watches. Once per game, at night, you may Watch X to see who, if anybody, targeted that player that night. You will not learn what powers they used.
    -------------
    Carakhan:
    You worship...Gamari!
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages22cGamarijpgrevisionlatestcb20181115004623
    "Gamari was an adoptee at first; now we couldn't live without her horses."
    Gamari is the mother of horses, faithful friend and steed to Hyalor. She was once the noble hippogriff, but she lost her wings. Hyalor healed her, and she became a horse. She taught your people to ride and fight on horseback. She also gave them the Kumis Blessing to fill the nights with joy.
    Gamari is Female.
    Gamari Horse Mother: Your goddess taught people to ride and fight, keeping them safe. Once per game, at night, you may DEFEND X to protect that person from nightkills.

Congratulations on sniping both scum! My only regret is that I had a big list of art from Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind ready to go for day announces and such, and I did not get to use many of them. Also that I couldn't slide in there with my wife's favorite goddess/myth and keep things coherent. Alas!
  • Thank you for hosting, @Portius! I had a blast. Pretty sure I'm fully hooked on Forum Mafia now.
    ~
    ~
  • (Also idk if I should be pointing this out, but out of all Mafia games on the forums, I've been scum 50% of the time now.)
    ~
    ~
  • So now that it is over, A question for people:

If I claimed my real power of being able to block people instead of lying about protecting, would this have been more believable as town? My thought process was it seems that Portius gives the scum a block power instead in games this small that it would have given me away even sooner.

(I still claim I'm bad at Mafia. Just look at what happens when I play)
  • And one of these days, Syl will be mafia again and people will kick themselves for not lynching her D1.
  • edited November 2019
    It would have immediately alerted me @Ayisdra, since I had your power's other gender. Can't say whether I would have used that or not and if so, how, but only one of us could win on the scum side.

I was thinking ALL DURING FROZEN II about how to spin my safeclaim god to sound feasible without hitting too close to other powers.

(Frozen II was not a lie! It was a lot of fun!)
    ~
    ~
  • New rule: Always vote @Lief? She's just too good at pretending to be innocent

Honestly, I was sure it was @Lief on D2, until she did her incredibly detailed role reveal. So props on that. It really threw me off and got me suspecting everyone else.
  • OH and for what happened N1 - nothing too interesting. I tried to off Zitto because I got paranoid he might try to nab my power and see it was super similar to Ayisdra's power, and my paranoia won over believing Carakhan would protect Zitto over herself. :D
    ~
    ~
  • Also, with my limited knowledge on the Mafia side, I was SO SURE we all must have had powers to do with gender.

I was so relieved when @Mysrai claimed one such power.
    ~
    ~
    @Lief to be honest I wasn’t convinced you were mafia. I agree with @Merlose, you have a great poker face!
    Daraius said: