Six Ages Mafia

123457»

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    My rule of thumb:
    Roughly half of the powers in play with interact with each other in some way. In this case, the shared gender mechanic. The other halfish (very loose rule of thumb, never rely on me following it too closely) will be very specifically unrelated. That makes it a little easier to notice trends and infer bits of the setup, but limits it so you can't rely on that entirely. Of course, you might extend the pattern too much or in the wrong direction. Then you get compelling, wrong theories. Similarly, if I have a clear theme for fluff, I generally include at least one deliberate outlier that breaks the pattern. Raven isn't a god, and he has both genders, but his shaman is still a rider. Zarlen is a god, but he doesn't have a ritual. This is pretty important in themed games because its the scum players more room to lie. Otherwise they are very likely to make a claim that breaks the pattern without realizing it exists. Plus, it means that even a completely accurate role claim can seem questionable. Irrelevant for fluffless games, but very necessary to counterbalance the information from the theme in a game like this.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (Fun fact my win condition was accidentally phrased differently than “win with the Riders” thanks to macaws, and I briefly wondered if I was third party and had to kill Spirits like Raven.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    (Fun fact my win condition was accidentally phrased differently than “win with the Riders” thanks to macaws, and I briefly wondered if I was third party and had to kill Spirits like Raven.)
    Basically everyone had that problem. Absolutely nobody got their win condition on the first message going out. Lesson learned: wait for the macaws to shut up before sending messages out.
  • GO GO GUT INSTINCTS. Now I may retire from Forums Mafia with an undefeated (town) win streak.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • I don't know if I have ever seen a flawless town victory before. Woooo town! My only regret is not seeing the rest of the pretty pictures.

Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • Mafia people have to kill Sylandra, Carakhan, and Zitto super quickly if they have a home to win. You three are just so dangerous :(.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ayisdra said:
    Mafia people have to kill Sylandra, Carakhan, and Zitto super quickly if they have a home to win. You three are just so dangerous :(.
    Or trick us into thinking we are your ally! Bamboozle and fool your way to victory.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Merlose was super good too! I'm really glad I picked out the right pattern to bluff into.

And I bet Mysrai was sitting there like HMM GENDERED POWER LIEF? I SEE AYISDRA HAD ONE TOO. :sob:

I definitely had an "aw man really" moment when you did turn out to be scum @Ayisdra. XD
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    edited November 2019
    Carakhan said:
    My only regret is not seeing the rest of the pretty pictures.
    I can fix this. Caveat: several of these come from the same event chain in the game. You have been warned.
    I seriously cannot recommend this game enough. The actual reviews seem to be love or hate, based on how intuitive people find the mechanics. It's good if you're willing to take things as they come and deal with what you have, but people who are used to picking a thing to be good at and minmaxing for it seem to dislike it.
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages99cOccupyingAlkothipngrevisionlatestcb20190617222712
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages117InillaForageFinderpngrevisionlatestcb20180702182223Inilla gets included because she is my wife's favorite, I hadn't decided how to sneak it in yet.
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages33dFireCagepngrevisionlatestcb20190621180517
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages554IMG_2899pngrevisionlatestcb20190406010709
    httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages223InfithtelliTulapngrevisionlatestcb20190405190126
  • Sylandra said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Mafia people have to kill Sylandra, Carakhan, and Zitto super quickly if they have a home to win. You three are just so dangerous :(.
    Or trick us into thinking we are your ally! Bamboozle and fool your way to victory.
    One of these days Zitto's wild claim will not be genuinely town and I will be tricked into defending the scum 
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • Ayisdra said:
    Any reputation I have for knowing what I am doing dramatically underestimates how often I have ended up on the same team as Sylandra.

@Lief, it wasn't you power but your gender that had me on your mark. @Merlose had a townie power that could be proven and @Sylandra had called the watcher power early enough that I was convinced it wasn't a bluff. I was sold on Carakhan's theory that the remaining scum was male and you were the most likely suspect on that list (and confirmed male by @Mysrai and @Sylandra). I thought your role claim was brilliant, though. I almost second-guessed on the basis that Elmal is exactly the kind of thing Portius would do to complicate a town role.

@Aysidra, it wasn't your power claim but how hard you leaned on "Lynch Sylandra because Sylandra" that made you suspicious to me. For townies, the chance that she might be a townie is reason enough to not treat that as a real rule, but you clung hard to it and that had the scent of scum who knew Sylandra was town and wanted her out of the way immediately.
  • I'm very glad I thought to throw out that resist vote against Ayisdra before I was lynched D1, otherwise this may have gone very differently!
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Mysrai said:
    I'm very glad I thought to throw out that resist vote against Ayisdra before I was lynched D1, otherwise this may have gone very differently!
    I actually checked the thread like a second too late before someone unvoted for you! I was so sadden.
  • Zitto said:
    Sylandra said:
    I lived for how fast and brutal the end of D1 was. That was a total blast.
    This game is a huge victory for Team "Day One Lynch"
    Even had scum won, D1 lynch was so memorable. Zitto and I literally plugging in our votes with <5 minutes to spare!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."