A Quest for Beasts to Study!

Hello!

My dear friend Kyalrhin has been putting together a super duper impressive tome (what started as a Google Doc) that completely demystifies beast appearances and how the feed you give them affects them when they grow up. So far she's been able to help get myself and a few other people the perfect critter, so if there are people willing to help... well, here is her plea.

Many thank yous!!
I have an ambition. Probably not a very feasible one, but one I would like to accomplish anyways. I've been trying to chronicle all the permutations of beasts, how to get specific appearances, which feeds you need... and so on. I've actually created a reference book for this purpose (currently has 41 pages filled, 36 of which are different beasts). If you would like to see it, just let me know, and I'll send you a loaner copy.

The only beasts lacking for it are the order ones... I've tried to legitimately ask for people of these orders for an egg so I can add them to the book, and acquire the data. Even though they show an avid interest in acquiring that knowledge... all but one backed out, every time. So the only way to fill out the book is to do it in less honest ways.

I am currently missing a grimalkin, peacock, moose, sidiak, strix, egregore, serpent, and hydra for the book. I have been hoarding my rewards from participating in things, so I have some unbound credits that I can spend for this research. I have a bit of goop as well, if that is preferable. I would offer 75 credits for an egg (since I would like to add egg and youth descriptions to the book), or 50 credits for an adult. Anyone who helps out with this will also receive a copy of the book for free.

I am capable of extreme discretion. You can send me eggs in a letter, and I would transfer the credits to you (or your beneficiary). You could give me a coordinate of where to bury the book, for you to retrieve at a time most convenient to you. Clandestine meetings in far off places like Iklara, or manses, for the arranging of trading an adult or youth beast. What happens in Iklara, stays in Iklara.
-Kyalrhin Ysav'rai

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I just followed up with a question: Kyalrhin will also honour someone who wants to loan a beast for research purposes but does not wish to see it left in "enemy" hands. The beast will be returned when she is done testing it or upon request. Transfer the beast to her, and when she's done she'll give you a free copy of the book containing information on how to make it look The Prettiest alongside the return of your fluffy (or possibly scaly? feathery?) friend.
  • It's not that I'm against helping, it's that I'm against having Czixi dismember Allie for fun the moment She realises...

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Similarly, as much as I really want to help, from an IC perspective it's mental gymnastics I haven't been able to overcome yet - Glomdoring kills eggdaddy, give an egg temporarily to Glomdoring? :( I keep trying to figure out how to make it work but the peacocks have that story!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Couldn't it be something where once a month y'all meet up, trade beasts for 10 minutes to let her zim them, then trade back with original descs? Less discreet but at least the beast would never leave the room you're in :U Science!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Two volumes imho. Tell someone your methods and let them do the second volume!  
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sylandra said:
    Two volumes imho. Tell someone your methods and let them do the second volume!  
    The method involves "spending 2000 credits on zimoru syringes," so...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I forgot how needlessly expensive those things are, gah. 
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    I forgot how needlessly expensive those things are, gah. 
    Luckily there is already a nice professional person who has a buttload of them ;D... *gestures vaguely to post above* 

• I don't know, of all those I think hoping to find a serpent seems the most ambitious. Nevermind a serpent -egg-! Are there any non-collared serpents even in existence at this point?