The Mysterious Kitten in the Clocktower Site

Prior to the log Uzriel left a poteen kitten and parakeet at the top of the girders in the construction area. His logic was that it was in the name of science, he would leave them there and then come back to check later to see if they got blown out or not. The idea of enchanting the kitten with levitation for its safety was also toyed with (I will neither confirm nor deny actually doing it). Needless to say shenanigans ensued that had me cracking up, as I didn't exactly tell anybody in the city (except Jinlu who would have seen) what I was doing and didn't intend to.

I may have missed some portions as I didn't have a log going, this is copy pasted from the buffer, also the early bits of me leaving the critters are gone because I had to restart my client.

(Magnagora): Ayman n'Kylbar says, "Citizens are requested not to leave their belongings, inanimate or otherwise, unattended at the construction site."

l

Skeletal entrance into the clock tower.

Enormous iron columns make up the frame of this skeletal building, still visible as the interior has

been only partially finished off with plain masonry and ill-prepared for curious visitors. A pit 

yawns off to the side, its entrance a makeshift earthen staircase permitting only the workers. In 

the darkness beyond, a reinforced iron framework supports the tower, cast deep into the earth to 

provide a sturdy construction not reliant upon the overburden. In one corner of the entrance, an 

area has been partitioned off with screens and filled with an assortment of antiquities in dire need 

of restoration. The gas piping running underneath the building has been tapped onto to provide 

carefully positioned gaslamps, both within the enclosure and beyond it to illuminate the 

construction site. There is no way up except for the scaffolding which leads to unfinished levels of 

the future clock tower. Jinlu Ilithyia bustles around the partitioned off section, fiddling with 

some antiquities. A painting of a warning is proudly exhibited on a nearby wall.

You see exits leading north and up.

You shift your eyes suspiciously from side to side.

squint up

Soaring over the night-shrouded city.

A few light wisps of cloud are spread high in the sky. Hair standing up its back, a young kitten is sitting pressed into a nook in a girder. A bright green feather flutters in the wind.

You can see no further.

(Magnagora): Kailanna (from the Tainted Plane of Nil) says, "Have people been dropping things in the excavation again?"

(Magnagora): Ayman n'Kylbar says, "The office of the Steward will be billed for additional cleanup costs."

(Magnagora): You say, "Who would do such a thing."

up

Soaring over the night-shrouded city.

A few light wisps of cloud are spread high in the sky. Scaffolding surrounds the lower level of the

tower but here, above the ground, there are only the iron columns and girders to travel upon. The 

shadowed frame of the building is on full display here, jutting into the sky like the skeletal arm 

of some legendary monstrosity. A few gaslamps situated below this level ensure that one does not 

plummet straight into the darkness but all is quiet, with not a single ironworker in sight. The 

occasional screech and growl suggest a demonic host is roosting somewhere overhead. Dark and 

magnificent, the city of Magnagora lies in every direction, illuminated by the pale light of 

gaslamps along the thoroughfares but otherwise cloaked in shadow and smog-laden fog. The bustling 

Necropolis stands out against the darkness, the heart of the Engine after nightfall; its entire 

perimeter lit up by the glow of sickly green runes inlaid into the archways. Five black towers 

encircle the Necropolis, their smouldering interiors visible through east-facing windows. In the 

distance, spectral bursts of light illuminate the dark skies occasionally as the damned souls of 

Spectre Isle seek to escape perdition. To the east, the night-time entertainments of the theatre 

beckon with warm light blazing through its enormous glass dome but beyond it, all is dark and 

deathly still at the Silent Cathedral. Hair standing up its back, a young kitten is sitting pressed 

into a nook in a girder. A bright green feather flutters in the wind.

You see a single exit leading down.

order kitten to follow uzriel

A curious young kitten will not follow your orders.

The horizon glows with burnished shades of orange and red, heralding the imminent arrival of Father Sun upon the rim of the world.

Down below, the pale light of gaslamps flickers off all at once, revealing a somnolent greyscale cityscape. Billows of night-time fog still cling to the streets and will continue to do so long past the sunrise.

(Magnagora): Ayman n'Kylbar says, "Coins, frequently, but we have an imp collecting them."

p kitten here

Long alabaster fur drapes over the miniature form of this young kitten, the only variation being

patches of brown around his nose and ears. Azure eyes glance out from behind the tiny snout upon 

which his wet pink nose sits, while his scratchy tongue sticks slightly out from within his mouth. 

Fastened around his small, fragile neck is a collar of charcoal grey leather, attached to which is a 

little bell that rings playfully as the feline hops about.

A curious young kitten looks weak and feeble.

He weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).

You cannot see what a curious young kitten is holding.

It has the following aliases: kitten, cat.

d

Enormous iron columns make up the frame of this skeletal building, still visible as the interior has

been only partially finished off with plain masonry and ill-prepared for curious visitors. A pit 

yawns off to the side, its entrance a makeshift earthen staircase permitting only the workers. In 

the darkness beyond, a reinforced iron framework supports the tower, cast deep into the earth to 

provide a sturdy construction not reliant upon the overburden. In one corner of the entrance, an 

area has been partitioned off with screens and filled with an assortment of antiquities in dire need 

of restoration. The gas piping running underneath the building has been tapped onto to provide 

carefully positioned gaslamps, both within the enclosure and beyond it to illuminate the 

construction site. There is no way up except for the scaffolding which leads to unfinished levels of 

the future clock tower. Jinlu Ilithyia bustles around the partitioned off section, fiddling with 

some antiquities. A painting of a warning is proudly exhibited on a nearby wall.

up

Dangerously-high upon the girders.

A strong breeze whistles over the ground. Scaffolding surrounds the lower level of the tower but

here, above the ground, there are only the iron columns and girders to travel upon. The iron frame 

of the building is on full display here, jutting into the sky as a testament to the Engine's 

engineering prowess. Additional beams are being laid down here and riveted into place by ironworkers 

while the flooring crew works on the lower levels. An assortment of demonic beings mills around the 

upper floors - imps, demons, and even a solitary archdemon overseeing the work - providing support 

or hefting construction materials. An unhindered view of the city of Magnagora is visible in every 

direction, almost as if one were soaring over it. The dark towers of the Necropolis to the west sit 

level with the skeletal edifice, and beyond them, there are only the tumultuous dark waters of the 

Sea of Despair. To the north and south, Magnagora thrives with many a storefront and manor, while to 

the east, the stained glass dome of the theatre reflects the smog-streaked sky and the Silent 

Cathedral looms behind it upon a hill. The air is filled with the scent of soot and smoke pumped 

into the air from the haze-wreathed industrial quarter stretching to the southeast. Hair standing up 

its back, a young kitten is sitting pressed into a nook in a girder. A bright green feather flutters 

in the wind.

You see a single exit leading down.

beckon kitten

You beckon to a poofy, seal point ragdoll kitten.

<me struggling with the curio kitten in my inventory already, thinking the kitten is still loyal and will just follow me>

beckon kitten here

You beckon to a curious young kitten.

You ponder for a moment and say "Hrm..."

<me realizing the kitten isn't loyal and didn't follow me, maybe I'll just kill it before anybody notices>

t kitten

Target is: Kitten.

A curious young kitten meows desperately.

<Maybe I won't kill it...>

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "You didn't fall, come along cat before Lord n'Kylbar sees you."

Viscid runnels of dark, sticky blood flow in from the down, bursting upward to reveal the sanguine form of Kailanna.

Rakkan, the Crowned Jackal pads in from the down, assessing potential threats and dismissing those beneath his notice.

The room darkens as a hideous archdemon appears.

Kailanna suddenly scoops up a bright green feather.

Kailanna blinks.

A curious young kitten hisses pitifully and presses into a nook in the girder to avoid the winds.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "Oh! Let me see that feather?"

With a nod, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "It seems normal, aside from being streaked in blood."

Kailanna gives a bright green feather to you.

p feather

About the size of half a human's hand, the feather is bright green in colour and streaked with something resembling blood. The shaft is short and the feather appears to have come from a small bird.

It has 3 months of usefulness left.

It weighs 2 ounce(s).

It has the following aliases: feather.

<I really didn't notice there was a feather there, RIP parakeet>

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "I did not notice it at first, interesting."

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says, "I suppose it could have simply been a bird that was slammed into the girders by the wind."

You ponder a poofy, seal point ragdoll kitten thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "Could be."

A curious young kitten meows desperately, wild eyes squinting this and that way.

You think to yourself: It is also possible that somebody may have left a parakeet up here which the kitten might have eaten.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "Maybe the kitten will keep birds from nesting up here."

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "Is that not yours? I was not certain we had unattended cats about the city."

Kailanna peers at a curious young kitten unscrupulously.

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "That would certainly explain the bloody feather."

A curious young kitten watches you warily, pressing further down along the girder to keep the distance.

You have emoted: Uzriel calls to the kitten to follow him before shrugging as a way of showing it won't listen to his orders and thus cannot possibly be his.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "That seems likely. And very amusing."

A curious young kitten leans out a little, eyeballing the girder below and the distance. He looks to the people warily and then back down.

Kailanna crouches down, tilting her head curiously at the kitten. "So what is your story then, little killer? Is this your territory?"

You have emoted: Uzriel shifts a little, wrapping an arm around one of the girders to secure himself into place.

A curious young kitten meows pitifully and licks at his nose. He settles down for the moment to lick blood off one paw.

Glancing up, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "Well, he does belong to someone, given the collar."

p kitten here

Long alabaster fur drapes over the miniature form of this young kitten, the only variation being

patches of brown around his nose and ears. Azure eyes glance out from behind the tiny snout upon 

which his wet pink nose sits, while his scratchy tongue sticks slightly out from within his mouth. 

Fastened around his small, fragile neck is a collar of charcoal grey leather, attached to which is a 

little bell that rings playfully as the feline hops about.

A curious young kitten looks weak and feeble.

He weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).

You cannot see what a curious young kitten is holding.

It has the following aliases: kitten, cat.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "I didn't notice the collar, that's true. I suppose people dump cats all the time though? It must have found a way up here to catch birds."

Sunlight billows across the realm, revealing the full glory of the majestic sun's luminous presence as he climbs higher into the sky.

Wisps of exotically perfumed air tickle your nostrils, billowing away from Kailanna.

A curious young kitten paws viciously at you, the effect more playful than threatening to to his size and general air of softness.

Rising back to his feet and addressing Kailanna, you say, "Perhaps he can keep the construction site clear of pests, if he doesn't fall to his death."

Looking at the kitten with an appraising look, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says, "It certainly seems possible, given a fairly impressive show of balance and hunting ability thus far. Though he does not seem entirely comfortable."

Musing, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "Although I imagine that could simply be us invading his space."

Arid and dry, a sweltering, dusty wind snakes through the crowded streets of the capital city, blown in from the barren Blasted Lands.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "A bit of discomfort he'll get used to, and then he'll be stalking the girders in no time."

You remove 1 meatfeed, bringing the total in the rift to 111.

(I'll lure the kitten in with some feed maybe)

A curious young kitten eyeballs the girder down below again and makes a desperate jump. He flies through the air, moved off course by the winds which kick up just then, and misses the girder. He continues to fall, but oddly slowly, meowing desperately and clawing at the air.

Kailanna blinks.

The form of Kailanna deepens to a crimson cast before she bursts outward in a dark torrent of viscid

blood, rushing to the down.

Rakkan, the Crowned Jackal stalks out to the down, pointed muzzle raised haughtily.

A hideous archdemon departs, trailing black mist.

d

some antiquities. A painting of a warning is proudly exhibited on a nearby wall. Rakkan, the Crowned 

Jackal sits here, watching disdainfully. A huge archdemon looms here, surrounded by black mist. 

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals stands here amid a teeming pool of viscid carmine 

blood. She wields the Choir of Anguish in her left hand and a disciplinarian's long-handled flaying 

whip in her right hand.

Coughs clearing his throat, you say, "Well then."

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer exclaims, "Did you see that?!"

Kailanna glances up, looking for a falling kitten.

Hands in her hair, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "Something furry landed just on my head and then took off."

Surprised, you say, "Wait it survived? That does answer the question about if cats always land on their feet."

Disbelieving, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer, "It landed safely and ran off?"

Kailanna sniffs disdainfully at the air with a snobby snoot, wrinkling her nose.

(squinting to see if I can find said kitten)

squint n

At the clock tower construction site.

One or two light fluffy clouds drift lazily through the sky. Lord Ayman n'Kylbar surveys the

surroundings with a critical eye. A blueprint has been pinned up here, outlining an architectural 

design in white lines on deep blue paper. An imp labourer flits about.

Sombre Lane near the construction site.

There is a moderate breeze here. A monument to Baalphegar casts its long shadow over the filthy

flagstones here. A statue of Lady Jamilah, the Iron Virtue stands here, memorialising her noble 

spirit. A shuttered glass gas lamp lies dark and unlit atop a tall, ornately gilded post.

You can see no further.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say to Kailanna, "That is one tough kitty."

Thoughtfully, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "And is either not entirely mortal, or has some kind of patron."

Adjusting her hairdo, still in disbelief, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "It was a cat? There was noise and then something landed on my head, clawed into my hair, and used my head to push off and sail right over the screen and away."

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "It does appear to be some kind of floating kitten."

Barely able to contain laughter, you say, "It was a kitten that somehow got into the girders and fell."

(Magnagora): Vatul (from the Aetherways) says, "How curious."

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "Are you alright Jinlu? I have some wine that may calm your nerves."

Her brow furrowing, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "The magicks of Lord Raezon's shrine still permeate the area, it was a shield shrine?"

Perking up, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "Wine? What sort of vintage?"

Musing, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says, "Now that would certainly be interesting. I wonder if the Lord Forbidden needs a pet."

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "Have you perhaps found a kitten that may or may not be floating?"

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "There is one possibly running about the city."

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "I read somewhere it was highly recommended - a robust necropolic wine."

(Magnagora): You say, "As much as a joke as that sounds the Warlady is being serious I can assure you."

With a pleased sigh, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "Oh! I would never say no to a glass of Necropolic Red."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Kailanna's lips.

Wryly as he offers the bottle, you say, "I hope you have a glass lying around I fear I just have the bottle and not glasses on me. But it sounds like the cat did no lasting damage."

Labourer Seruldin yells, "Get your hot off the press Gargoyle at the Literary Archives!"

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "Indeed, please keep your eyes open in the city, I would like to know if

anyone finds him."

(Magnagora): Ixion says, "The kitten?"

(Magnagora): Ixion says, "Would you like it dead or alive, Warlady?"

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "Yes, it was killing bird at the top of the construction site, and it

managed to fall or float off without dying."

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "Alive, preferably."

(Magnagora): Ixion says, "Almost kicked it with the boot, but it is here at me in the rooftops."

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "Oh I haven't a glass here in this mess, perhaps let us wait for my break and have it properly in glasses?"

Ruiku snorts and snuffles at the air through a ridiculous pig nose.

(Magnagora): Ixion says, "Sombre Lane."

You will now notice the movement of vermin. Happy hunting!

Target is: Rat.

With a squeak, a rat darts into the room, looking about wildly.

Whirring as you touch a button on the side of your geochemantic goggles set in a mask rent with dark fissures, the lenses darken and become refractive.

Focusing the light towards a rat, geochemantic goggles set in a mask rent with dark fissures send out a ray filled with bursts of steam and beams of holy light.

You have scored a CRITICAL hit!

A rat has succumbed to the death stare of geochemantic goggles set in a mask rent with dark fissures.

You have slain a rat.

You pick up the corpse of a rat.

With a faint smile, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer, "I am certain we can find an occasion for wine soon enough. For now I am going to try to find the creature that landed on you. If you will excuse me?"

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "Do you want the rat to lure the cat somewhere Warlady?"

You give the corpse of a rat to Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals.

The sound of multiple hammers hard at work echoes from Sombre Lane, their clamour an industrial lullaby.

With a nod, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "It seems Ixion has found it. Perhaps some food will entice it."

Kailanna goes still, a cold sneer on her lips as she gazes into the distance. A bloody haze pools around her ankles and whirls upwards around her limbs.

You nod your head in agreement.

The bloody haze consumes Kailanna entirely, leaving only a faint crimson mist that soon dissipates. say i will be there in a moment

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "I will be there in a moment."

You glance askance.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say to Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer, "My apologies if the cat caused you any harm or trouble. I surely have no idea how the cat got there do you?"

<Okay I'll come back to that later, movement as I teleport to Kailanna>

A curious young kitten takes a hesitant step towards Kailanna, watching her hand.

Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase

brings him closer to the world's edge.

A curious young kitten retreats three steps back at the sight of you and presses into the tiles of

the roof.

Ruiku peers about himself unscrupulously.

You have emoted: Uzriel steps far back away from the kitten giving it room.

Still calmly holding out the rat, speaking in quiet tone, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to Nyana, "It attempted to leap to another girder and simply fell off, but unusually slowly. It landed with apparently no harm and then took off once more."

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says, "Jinlu suspected it may be due to some lingering magical residue from a destroyed shrine of Lord Raezon."

Rolsand nimbly climbs up over the ledge.

Ruiku i'Viani says, "Quite... curious."

A curious young kitten meows pitifully and flicks his tail.

Watching the kitten scurry away, Shadow of Nil, Nyana Wyrdbane says, "Very intriguing..."

Shadow of Nil, Nyana Wyrdbane says to Kailanna, "Perhaps try setting the rat down, Warlady?"

You nod your head at Nyana.

-

Kailanna purses her lips in thought before nodding. She sets the rat on the rooftops a few paces from the kitten, then moves back.

A curious young kitten's ears perk up and it raises up higher on his front legs to see better. His gaze flicks over to Kailanna and then Ixion.

-

A curious young kitten's ears perk up and it raises up higher on his front legs to see better. His gaze flicks over to Kailanna and then Ixion.

A curious young kitten's tail flicks this way and that while it tries to decide.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Where's Ilthilior's bloodhound when we need it. Perhaps it can discern a scent to help locate the genesis of the mysterious qualitry."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Quality, rather."

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to Ixion, "Well, we know whatever it is does not appear to work on us. The rest of the falls from up there are quite spectacular."

The slightest wisps of translucent cloud disturb the clear skies overhead.

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Aye, quite so."

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "It does not yet, perhaps we can teach it to be some sort of tainted beast of a cat."

Ruiku i'Viani says, "We could always resort to.. experimentation."

A wry smile spreads across Ruiku's face.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Perhaps throw the kitten off at Midnight and see if something special happens. Perhaps some magical property infused itself to the new Clock Tower construction itself."

A curious young kitten's ears flatten and he withdraws slowly further up the roof. He throws the rat a longing gaze and lopes away, jumping from this rooftop to the next. As it flies over the empty space, it seems to do so more slowly than its mass would suggest it should.

Lights bob faintly in the distance, disappearing into the nighttime gloom that shrouds the city streets.

Kailanna gives a nod of agreement. "Well, it is a cat, so it will be inherently prone to arrogance and murder."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "And it's gone."

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says, "And, it does that."

You think to yourself: Stay calm, don't laugh. Don't laugh.

Lerna, the nine-headed hydra says, "May we eatssss it?"

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to Lerna, the nine-headed hydra, "Sorry, it has departed for now."

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "It is some sort of super cat."

Lerna, the nine-headed hydra stomps about a bit, grumping vigorously.

Shadow of Nil, Nyana Wyrdbane says, "Hmm... should we track it down again?"

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "Though it apparently does not like the idea of being experimented upon."

Kailanna nods her head at Nyana.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Not in the city, already checked."

Comprehension flashes across Nyana's face.

-

Shadow of Nil, Nyana Wyrdbane says, "But now cats aren't known for understanding common..."

Dark shadows flicker across Kailanna's eyes as she places her hands upon Ruiku's chest. A distant, staring look consumes her eyes, while Ruiku begins to shiver, all colour draining from his skin.

Kailanna sips a potion of mana from an ornate cherub skull vial.

Kailanna gasps aloud in pain while Ruiku begins to quiver and shake, his suddenly colourless skin blotching in places with bruised purples. After a moment Kailanna quickly withdraws her hands with a thankful gasp as the colour rushes back into Ruiku, though a newfound chill rests within his eyes.

Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to Nyana, "Nor for flying, to be fair."

Nyana nods her head at Kailanna, showing her acceptance.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "It is almost as if it learned how to cast levitation."

With a nod, Warlady Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals says to you, "Or had it cast upon it."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Did anyone notice his eyes. Nyan, looked like."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "I mean CYAN."

"Bah!" Ixion retorts disgustedly.

Nodding, you say, "That's a theory."

Nyana nods her head at Ixion.

You think to yourself: SHE KNOWS.

Shadow of Nil, Nyana Wyrdbane says, "Are cyan eyes significant?"

<Me moving back to the clocktower because the kitten was gone, may have lost something in transition>

The heady fragrance of night-blooming jasmine suffuses the air as Vatul appears amidst billows of

velvety indigo-lavender smoke that roil in from the north.

l

some antiquities. A painting of a warning is proudly exhibited on a nearby wall. A somnolent-hued 

nightingale perches here, its fine-feathered breast arched in preparation for an enchanting litany.

Lady Nightingale Vatul Feyranti, of the Danse Macabre asks, "What's all this then?"

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "In addition to keeping the planes clear of essence, please also keep an eye open for a white kitten with a grey collar. It is rather skittish, and also can apparently fly or float."

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "It fell down, or floated down and escaped." 

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "The Warlady tried to catch it using a rat and it ran away, current whereabouts unknown."

(Magnagora): Mahalath says, "Are we certain Hallifax isn't dropping them, Warlady?"

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer exclaims, "It fell on my head!"

(Magnagora): Vatul says, "Poor darling, I wonder who abandoned it up there."

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "But just think if it could be trained to keep the pests away,

(Magnagora): Ixion says, "It seems fine to mosey about the rooftops, construction sights, and the sky just fine. It didn't seem overly motivated to eat, so it wasn't starving, either."

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "I am not certain who its original owner was, but it does seem to either have run away or been abandoned. It was doing a fair job of hunting on its own until it feel surprisingly slowly from the top of the construction site."

(Magnagora): Mahalath says, "Plenty of rats, should it feel the need."

(Magnagora): You say, "It did just eat a bird it looked like."

You begin to wield a bright green feather in your left hand.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "We also found this up on the construction, it must have been lured up by the promise of a bird."

You display a bright green feather for all in the room to see.

(Magnagora): Ixion says, "Ahh I missed the part where it ate a bird."

(Magnagora): Ixion says, "We can snag some vulture or some fancier ones from the Nature Reserve if it shows up again."

(Magnagora): You say, "We found it up in the girders of the construction along with a bloody feather."

(Magnagora): Mahalath says, "Perhaps a few crows..."

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "Ah, now there is an excellent idea."

(Magnagora): Kailanna says, "Or we could lure it to the Megalith, where there still appears to be a feast left strewn about."

(Magnagora): Mahalath says, "I never much understood the allure of eating food off of the floor, myself."

wonderbrazier activate track kitten

You raise your brazier in the air while envisioning your target in your mind, though it does not

react.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "It does seem to be quite cleverly hidden wherever it went."

(Magnagora): Vatul says, "Neither did I."

With a sigh, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "Well it scared me half to life."

Vatul exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Lady Nightingale Vatul Feyranti, of the Danse Macabre says to Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer, "Think of that kitten, just flying around for a short amount of time..."

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "One does not expect a furry ball of claws to fall onto their head randomly."

Wincing, you say, "Well I do hope that wine will put you at ease and to forget all about the discomfort."

Labourer Seruldin yells, "When you're not reading the Gargoyle, read the city news. Nowhere near as witty but contains all the information about the upcoming Sanguine Ceremonial!"

Her mouth contorts briefly as if with laughter, then it is a flat line, Lady Nightingale Vatul Feyranti, of the Danse Macabre says, "Just about to plummet. I do hope it gets enough rats to grow up. We may have use for it, sending it to Celest to infiltrate their own."

Nodding slowly, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "Long as it's not sitting on my head as it does so."

Vatul clears her throat.

Brightly, you say, "We could feed it mutts before loosing it onto Celest."

Regaining some composure despite her maniacal idea, Lady Nightingale Vatul Feyranti, of the Danse Macabre says to Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer, "Yes, of course Lady Jinlu."

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says to you, "Yes, it will do just so. If you will excuse me, I have work to catch up on that was derailed with that fluffy mystery."

Voice muffled by his mask, you say to Vatul, "I can show you where we last saw it if you wish."

Vatul nods her head emphatically.

Vatul begins to follow you.

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer turns around and heads over to the gargoyle. She checks her hair once in a while while she works.

You have emoted: Uzriel leaves the bottle of wine behind on the table with a nod to Jinlu before turning to go.

You drop a dusky lavender-tinted bottle of smoky quartz.

<moving to Sombre lane where the kitten was earlier>

Vatul follows you east.

Sombre Lane.

There is a moderate breeze here. The clicking of boot heels echoes quietly from the flat cobbled

road. A number of small shops line the street here, soot-stained shop windows displaying strange 

items. The shops are always open, but very few customers walk the street to purchase their eccentric 

wares. The large intersection of Atropos Plaza to the east is wide and busy, a low hum resounding 

from the constant haggling of the market. A sewer grate looms darkly beneath your feet. A shuttered 

glass gas lamp lies dark and unlit atop a tall, ornately gilded post. A statue of Nifilhema, Queen 

of Insufferable Cruelty stands here, memorialising her noble spirit.

You see exits leading east and west.

Voice muffled by his mask, you say, "It was here, up on the rooftops which I can't climb up to myself."

Vatul nods her head emphatically.

Lady Nightingale Vatul Feyranti, of the Danse Macabre says, "I can likely climb up."

(Magnagora): You say, "Perhaps if we fed the kitten the mutts Snaika had prepared for the Necromentate, we can make it just intelligent enough to be trained into a real flying toothed predator. Just have to stop right before it turns murderous as the zoo animals do."

Vatul scrambles down from a nearby wall.

Vatul landing in an agile pose on her feet. "Well, it seems to have gone," she intones disappointedly.

(Magnagora): Ruiku says, "Interesting theory."

(Magnagora): Vatul says, "Always worth a cursory investigation."

<There was some more idle chatter on ct and in person and we left a mutt up there, but I got tired of cleaning the log and wasn't a ton of value added so stopping here>

Comments

• I was so distressed for that kitten near the beginning - great log!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• This log is so good! Loved hearing about it second-hand IC.
  • Ixion said:
    In my defense this is all I could think about:

• I've noticed a ton of interaction from Mag NPC's since coming back and its been great. I especially love when they pick up on something small and run with it like what happened here.