Announce Post #2981: Solstice Stockings!

For the month of December, Ironbeard and the Gnodfather are once again competing for solstice domination! To participate, purchase solstice stockings directly from the website, which can then be hung in manses and commune/city rooms, max of 1 per room.

Syntax: HANG <stocking> FOR <ME|person> [ANONYMOUS].

At midnight, the person it was hung for can UNWRAP <stocking> and get their reward of 3 genie curios, 2 Czigany coins and either a present from Ironbeard or a racetrack ticket from the Gnodfather. For every 5 stockings that you hang, you will receive either a gold stocking that will open on December 25th or a platinum stocking that will open on New Year's Day. These extra special gold and platinum stockings will contain either peppermint from Ironbeard or coal from the Gnodfather. Peppermint and coal can be combined to create a special solstice artifact! Also, you can use the peppermint and coal to create an artifact of a prior solstice as well. The command STOCKINGS will help you track your stockings.

As well, there will be a 30% credit sale throughout the month of December (starting Tuesday).

Happy Holidays!

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It's also been clarified that there will be new solstice coal/peppermint arties announced later this month, so stay tuned.
  • Could we have a package of 5 stockings added to the website shop?
  • Kali said:
    Could we have a package of 5 stockings added to the website shop?
    Added.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Will the solstice coal/peppermint arties be announced before the 25th? I'm personally holding off until I see what they do.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    They said they hoped to announce them 'relatively' early as compared to prior years (hopefully midmonth).
  • For the ongoing credit sale, is it 30% off of the normal price (and the current price displayed on the website), or is it 30% more credits granted in addition to the base purchase amount?
  • It should be 30% more credits granted. If you buy 100 for 27.99 and don't have iron membership, you get 130 credits and still pay 27.99
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    It should be 30% more credits granted. If you buy 100 for 27.99 and don't have iron membership, you get 130 credits and still pay 27.99
    That's what I remember too, but prices for credit bundles seem lower than what I remember and appear to line up just about like that - then again, it's also been ages since I looked at them so I'm not sure if the price drop happened prior or if it meant to reflect the sale. Hence why I wished for clarification!
  • I thought I remembered a 100 bundle of credits costing around $40 USD, which 30% of that would place it at around 27.99.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."