QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Silver linings!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Me: Logs in to check for aethertrades before work.

Comes back from aethertrading:
    The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile 
    about himself as he arrives.
    Laughing deeply, Ironbeard the Magnanimous proclaims, "Merry Solstice, Choros!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a crystal anniversary present!

Marquessa Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says, "Rude."

You quickly unwrap a crystal anniversary present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful
    confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 1 Czigany Coins.
    You've unwrapped A STANDARD PRESENT! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, landing on CREDITS as you stare
    intently.
    You may respin your coin by spinning the wheel again if you did not like the result.
    If you are ready to spin your coin for a prize, SPIN WHEEL INNER.

The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with 250 Credits.
    The throaty voice of Tzaraziko whispers in your ear, "Can you taste the luck yet, Choros? Keep
    spinning for that special reward!"

I'm glad I logged in for all of about two minutes worth of guildwork!
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Faithful Supplicant, @Alarin shouts, "IRONBEARD! COME BACK HEA!"

A treacherous path.
    The area is bathed with silver light as a robust defensive aura suffuses the air due to a shield
    shrine of Lisaera nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky.
    You see exits leading up and down.

Atop the cliff.
    The area is bathed with silver light as a robust defensive aura suffuses the air due to a shield
    shrine of Lisaera nearby. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a 
    living totem. A hornbeam sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here.
    You see exits leading north, east, southeast, and down.

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile 
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous hiccups and says, "Special people like Faythe deserve something special on
    special days."

Your eyes bulge out as you utter a strangled, "Gah!"
    You have been recognised by Elexia for: She is such an incredible writer, and I adore the friendship between Faythe and Elexia. Faythe's emotes are well-written and creative, and in this scene in particular she has done such wonderful emotes using the Moondancer fae! It's always inspiring and so very much fun. 

You have been recognised by Lief for: There is a LOT to recognize you over. We've had so many great scenes - so much tension and warmth and friendship and confusion between our two characters, and I love every moment of it. Not to mention the cult - I am so glad you could make it, and Faythe's role in its creation was beautiful. It wouldn't have been the same event without Faythe's presence there. Thank you!!
  • Hey, he was busy giving me a most excellent present filled with czigany coins!
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Gurashi said:
    You quickly break open a cookie, palming a Disc of Nature and a strip of paper and stuffing the broken cookie in your mouth.
    You quickly read the paper in your hands:
    You look pretty.
    IT'S NOT A FORTUNE
    IT'S A FACT
     It is Someone saying that to you in the future. So, it really is more of a fortune.
  • You press a button at the end of the handle and a hiss of steam announces the buildup of hydraulic pressure within a mechanical cane.
    A mechanical cane gusts out bursts of steam and beams of holy light that strikes a crying baby.
    A crying baby expires from the impact of a mechanical cane.
    You have slain a crying baby.

pronouns: they/them
  • An eye sigil tells you, "Yo! Would you marry Gurashi?"

Gurashi tells you, "You can go to Nil with a king's ransom of golden sovereigns."
    I was reluctant about the marriage idea, but daww, that's one of the nicest things I've ever been told.
  • Nyana said:
    An eye sigil tells you, "Yo! Would you marry Gurashi?"

Gurashi tells you, "You can go to Nil with a king's ransom of golden sovereigns."
    I was reluctant about the marriage idea, but daww, that's one of the nicest things I've ever been told.

I was SOOOOO confused and amused but now it makes sense XD (subsequent confusing message below) 

Message #1206 sent by Nyana (received: 2019/12/18 02:08:18)
    The opinions of eye sigils notwithstanding, I have no interest in marrying you.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    Nyana said:
    An eye sigil tells you, "Yo! Would you marry Gurashi?"

I was SOOOOO confused and amused but now it makes sense XD (subsequent confusing message below) 

Message #1206 sent by Nyana (received: 2019/12/18 02:08:18)
    The opinions of eye sigils notwithstanding, I have no interest in marrying you.
    Lol... I mean, I was just going to quote it and send it to you in an ooc message, but then was like... naah, this will be more fun IC.
  • Your eyes bulge out at a plush doll of Mesadari Rhiero, Keeper of the Eternal Flame as you utter a strangled, "Gah!"
    A plush doll of Mesadari Rhiero, Keeper of the Eternal Flame growls irritably and shakes a claw at you, her eyes glittering with dancing tendrils of flame.

In an harried voice, a plush doll of Mesadari Rhiero, Keeper of the Eternal Flame exclaims, "Gah is right! DAMN crystal freaks!"
    A plush doll of Mesadari Rhiero, Keeper of the Eternal Flame mutters discontentedly.

What the HELL Rhiero, so very rude! I'm right here! Being all crystal!

• I gotta say the addition of non-binary to the game makes certain things hilarious.
    Discerning basically turns Lusternia into a ghetto version of itself, and it's great.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Bowing deeply, and a bit unstably, Ironbeard the Magnanimous pronounces his blessing, "A gift for
    Shaddus. Oh yes!"
    7300h, 9300m, 7800e, 10p BesSix-say to ironbeard you're the dwarf
    You say to Ironbeard the Magnanimous, "You're the dwarf."
    7300h, 9300m, 7800e, 10p BesSix-
    With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked smile, rubs his
    ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound of a distant belch.
    7300h, 9300m, 7800e, 10p BesSix-fistbump ironbeard
    You look around for someone to bump fists with, but sadly, you have no friends.
    7300h, 9300m, 7800e, 10p BesSix-sigh
    You give a pained sigh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Beloch Baruwski exclaims, "Go fowwr iiitT, youh shinYy liit *hic* TLe help *hic* eerr, fooOu!"

Love you too, even if you had us spit into goons spitoons for you! *hug Beloch*

• *gross happy crying noises* 
    and then he tried to get my leothin drunk...
    *hurries back to cleaning up the logs!*

Ironbeard the Magnanimous turns his attention to you, stumbling slightly. Solemnly, he lifts his tankard and attempts to chink it against your instrument. 

You have emoted: Gurashi blinks, meeting the bottom of his lute with Ironbeard the Magnanimous's impressive tankard. "Happy Solstice, Mister Ironbeard, sir." 

"A verry merry Solstish to you, giant bug boy," Ironbeard the Magnanimous says, shaking his tankard next to his ear. There is the sound of pouring liquid, and a moment later he takes a drink from the formerly-empty tankard again.

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Sapphira said:
    Snip
    Hey my methods may be strange but they produce results.

A shame that you lost the constable part in your buffer. Easily one of my favored Mag NPCs, and subtly mocking/encouraging them is always great.
  • Uzriel said:
    Sapphira said:
    Snip
    Hey my methods may be strange but they produce results.

A shame that you lost the constable part in your buffer. Easily one of my favored Mag NPCs, and subtly mocking/encouraging them is always great.
    Uzriel tells you, "See. Good scientist bad scientist. It works."

Oh my god lol

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Til lucidians pee.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ilthilior tells you, "I love the blood of a Demon Lord."

Believable insanity tells...