Solstice in Glomdoring: A Festival to Remember!! (Day 3 Logs POSTED)

edited December 2019 in Event Scrolls
AHHHHHH, what a blast! Thank you to everyone who came, and I hope we have more people come! I will post the logs of the event here in easy bite-sized pieces for people to enjoy <3

DAY ONE
Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 1: The Bazaar

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 1: The Opening Ceremony and Design Contest Winners

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 1: The Solstice Tree Decorating Contest

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 1: The Ugly Solstice Shirt Contest

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 2: Gathering and Raffle Results

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 2: The Story Telling Contest

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 2: The Song Contest

Meanwhile in Serenwilde

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 2: The Play 

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 3: The Exchange

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 3: The Dance Party

Solstice in Glomdoring, Day 3: A Dinner for Spiders and Dance Lessons

[edit] And we are done with log editing! Thank you all for your patience and presence <3 How soon is TOO SOON to host another party? Because I want to do this again!!!

Thank you again for dropping in, and sorry it had to be at the same time as admin-run stuff. Be sure to check out Their hard work too!!!
<3
Gurashi
‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

Comments

• Yes, I left out the barking seal during Rancoura's ceremony. I also left out Ironbeard and his impeccable timing.
    We will all remember it, those who were there, and laugh to ourselves.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I swear, the seals got a troll game all their own. It was quiet as a mouse right up until then.
  • The seals just wanted to be part of the excitement! They're just so giving!
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• We partied for 6+ hours last night. I can't promise I'll have all the logs cleaned up before tonight's events *laugh* Thank you everyone who came! I loved having you even if Gurashi didn't get to speak to you much!!

• Last night's events seriously exceeded all my hopes. Thank you so much for hosting, and everyone who made it memorable! Zero regrets.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    Last night's events seriously exceeded all my hopes. Thank you so much for hosting, and everyone who made it memorable! Zero regrets.
    *frantically compares notes on God emotes while screaming with*

I'm so happy you could come to at least one of the festival days! Having both Lief and Elexia was really fun!

• An absolutely fun and unforgettable event, thank you so much for hosting! I'm so glad I was able to make it to this one. And also a big thanks to Mysrai and the Glomdoring Divine!! Never had so much fun being terrified.
  • It seemed like fun based on my admittedly fairly limited interactions.
  • Uzriel said:
    It seemed like fun based on my admittedly fairly limited interactions.
    *points accusingly* I knew we had someone from Magnagora present!! (5/6 woo )
    I'm glad you enjoyed yourself for your brief presence!!

• The first day was great, and I will be doing my best to be there at 7/8pm tonight to give my secret santa...er, solstice person their gift! A good gift! Probably!

Shulamit didn't panic and just throw something together NO

• My secret solstice person was Romaan! Who was asleep, so I gave the gift for him to his wife, Evette!

It was a painting of their family at the solstice time!

Romaan and Evette d'Rose in Solstice Cheer

Ornate and gaudy in turn, this massive painting bears the likeness of Romaan d'Rose and his wife, Evette d'Rose. Delicate brush strokes have been used to paint the people placed upon the canvas, with larger strokes and heavy paint used to create a festive snowy background. The normally dark merian scales that grace his likeness have been covered with an absolutely massive and fluffy solstice sweater. Likewise, Evette also has a sweater although hers is a touch slimmer, but decorated with essence filled gems that seem to glow, mimicking the appearance of cheerful solstice lights. Romaan and Evette hold each other tightly, soft easy smiles gracing both their faces, eyes crinkled at the edges as perfectly coiffed greying hair frames the both of them. Between them sits a chubby tae'dae child, black and white fur covered in drops of snow as they ignore the solstice cheer above them, rolling a snowball.

Featuring @Romaan @Evette and @Alarin (who is their soon to be child?)

Yay gifts! Ashira gave me some wine as my gifter hadn't shown up before I had to leave. It was a lovely time.

• Sorry I missed. Rough time of year it's been. Your excitement is contagious.
  • Oh! The very confusing mask of dreaming while walking from Synl was the gift! I'm sorry for not realizing Synl. It was early and between other gifts, so I thought it was just holiday cheer and not the exchange!

It was a lovely exchange gift! <3

• So Bold, Indeed

I am working on a Lief's edit of events from Day 2. Gurashi did an amazing job capturing everyone and everything, so mine will be much more Lief-focused for people curious about how an Avatar of Maylea fared in Nocht's territory. Some things have been totally cut to make it a little easier to read Lief's story (which was definitely not the only story happening that day).

This is the very end, starting with the turning of the day (so right when Viravain announced the song winner). There is Something Big that happened in Serenwilde as soon as Lief and Elexia left and has been a good excuse for me being scarce over the holidays.
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    So Bold, Indeed

I am working on a Lief's edit of events from Day 2. Gurashi did an amazing job capturing everyone and everything, so mine will be much more Lief-focused for people curious about how an Avatar of Maylea fared in Nocht's territory. Some things have been totally cut to make it a little easier to read Lief's story (which was definitely not the only story happening that day).

This is the very end, starting with the turning of the day (so right when Viravain announced the song winner). There is Something Big that happened in Serenwilde as soon as Lief and Elexia left and has been a good excuse for me being scarce over the holidays.
    Thank you for posting!!!!! When I'm on a computer again I'll be sure to include it linked at the top post!!

Merry Christmas 💜

• Elexia said:
    A little Post-Solstice visit from the Lady of Roses...

This was so much (terrifying) fun! I'm so glad to have been able to experience it! I'm working on an edit of Elexia's Point-of-View for Day 2 as well, I'll try to have that posted sometime tomorrow! This Solstice was such a lovely event.
    WHAAAAAT I DIDN'T KNOW THIS HAPPENED OH MY GOODNESS. Thank you for sharing!! My beating little heart omg GLOM GODS WHAT ARE YOU UP TO.

• edited December 2019
    The logs from the final day are all posted! <3 Have a nice day! Thanks for reading!!

[I can't help but feel like this was all such a happy, amazing party, and am waiting for other scary/sad shoe to drop LOL]

• Lief's sad/scary moment was my solstice wish come true :grin:
    ~
    ~
  • Lief said:
    Lief's sad/scary moment was my solstice wish come true :grin:
    I was so happy you got properly spooked by Nocht. What a blessed event. 95% of my wishes came true!! (the only other wish is to ice skating with my cruuuuush sobs)

• AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    That was one of the most fun festivals I've ever taken part in! Gurashi sure knows how to throw a party. :D

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.