What are you watching?

Comments

• @Meliana and I have been watching The Expanse in preparation for Starmourn. Sasake!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    GLOW on Netflix is pretty fun.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Have made it into Season 5 of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, and though it's not been a pretty trip for the last two seasons, I'm determined to get through this last one.

Still stuck in Season 1 of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Currently getting through the last few hours of the Appendices on The Hobbit: Extended Edition Blu-Rays.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    got myself hooked to Grimm and somehow managed to work myself through season three already. Been a while since I felt I had the time to binge-watch a series.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Everiine said:
    Have made it into Season 5 of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, and though it's not been a pretty trip for the last two seasons, I'm determined to get through this last one.

Currently getting through the last few hours of the Appendices on The Hobbit: Extended Edition Blu-Rays.

Andromeda started out so well, got into a real mess about the time they went to Blonde Rommie and the whole planet-bound thing, but really picked back up at the end.
    A bit too heavy on the messianic stuff, but, I still love show.
    Got to shake Sorbo's hand a few years ago at a Con. He's not quite as large in person as he appears on TV. Still wouldn't want to tick him off, though.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lied. Picked up Man in the High Castle a few days ago and got to season two. I'm not sure if I approve of it per se, but it's certainly captivating.
    Bairloch said:
    Everiine said:

Andromeda started out so well, got into a real mess about the time they went to Blonde Rommie and the whole planet-bound thing, but really picked back up at the end.
    A bit too heavy on the messianic stuff, but, I still love show.
    Got to shake Sorbo's hand a few years ago at a Con. He's not quite as large in person as he appears on TV. Still wouldn't want to tick him off, though.

The show started its fall when the network fired Wolfe halfway through the second season, who developed the show and produced it, and made Sorbo an executive producer and who made the show all about him. Seasons 3 and 4 were sometimes bearable, sometimes not; and while I applaud the attempt in the last season to return to the story-arc narrative that Wolfe had set up before he was fired, the whole planet-bound thing was a travesty. And they ruined all the characters.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• The Challenge War of the Worlds.

Reality competition has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.
  • A documentary on Amazon Prime video called "The Rocky Mountain Fly Highway".
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hunter x Hunter.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • 9pm BBC1 series 5 Peaky Blinders

About time!
    Good Eats: The Return!

• Everiine said:
    Good Eats: The Return!
    Chicken parm? Chicken parm.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I stumbled upon the Dororo remake and was bad, and kind of binge watched the whole thing through the night and spent most of the day asleep.

But uh, I did enjoy it.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I’m very excited to see it, but I also just got Wild Hunt for my birthday so I kind of want to play some of that first.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • 15 hours of certification courses online... one I have to have a webcam on me when I do the exam... so they watch me watching them watching me watching them?
    I'm finally catching up on the last season of Doctor Who.

I. Love. It.

• Daraius said:
    I’m very excited to see it, but I also just got Wild Hunt for my birthday so I kind of want to play some of that first.  :D

Well, Wild Hunt is already the "you had to be there" of the Witcher series, I am told, so I'm now tempted to go back and play 1 and/or 2. Or read the original books. Except book-reading is hard. Henry Cavill it is! >:)
  • New Doctor Who: AAAAAAA
    Episode 2: AAAAaaaaAAAA
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • I need to catch up on S12 of Doctor Who too. I watched S4 of The Expanse, His Dark Materials, and Westworld lately. It's been keeping me busy!
  • I rewatched No Country for Old Men last night. One of my favorite movies.

This scene is amazing, such tension. Always gives me chills, friendo.
  • edited January 2020
    So... I just learned less than a week ago they turned my favorite manga (The Girl from the OTher Side) into a ten minute OVA, and it's so beautiful and sweet and wordless but says so MUCH. I was crushed to learn it was just a single episode but it's so good, I've already watched it twice haha. AHHH I hope they decide to make it into an animated series with the same incredible style the OVA has ;~; 

Oh but also someone made a music video based on the OVA which I am also obsessed with. Does this count as watching? I think it counts as watching.

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    So... I just learned less than a week ago they turned my favorite manga (The Girl from the OTher Side) into a ten minute OVA, and it's so beautiful and sweet and wordless but says so MUCH. I was crushed to learn it was just a single episode but it's so good, I've already watched it twice haha. AHHH I hope they decide to make it into an animated series with the same incredible style the OVA has ;~; 

Oh but also someone made a music video based on the OVA which I am also obsessed with. Does this count as watching? I think it counts as watching.

I have come to realize I unabashedly have a thing for tall creature dudes and their wholesome protective relationships with short white haired women. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What if the hair is red?

Image result for ancient magus bride
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    What if the hair is red?

I've never seen/read this one, but I know that I need to.
    Fun fact: the creator of GFTOS is good friends with the creator of AMB and they do art trades sometimes on Twitter <3