QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• A fae knight bends over and picks up a monolith sigil.
    The flowing melody of the emerald grazioso soothes your body and spirit, leaving you hale and invigorated.
    The lively tones of Aramel's music brighten your mind.
    A fae knight bends over and picks up a palm sigil.

Feeling trolled by NPCs.

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • They totally steal the honeycombs too{you can beg them for them}.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    They totally steal the honeycombs too{you can beg them for them}.
    This explains why some people have trouble finding them!
  • >--------------------------[ Changelog Entry #1941 ]--------------------------<
    Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly Date: 2020-01-04 23:22:31

o Report #24 - Single Parent Adoption
    - Single parents may now consider and adopt children.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

WOOOT!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Gurashi REALLY has a thing for jackals. 
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • I keep encountering this graffiti on the bottom of the corpse bridge in Magnagora and it amuses me, had to point it out:

The Docklands.
    Large wooden walkways extend over the harbour here, with large boats moored at regular intervals. The noise of ships being loaded and unloaded can be heard at any time of day, competing with the groans that emanate from the swaying, fleshy bridge that spans the harbour. Large barrels stand in tall stacks, containing what must once have been fresh water. Small buildings used for storage can be seen to the northeast along the main road that leads to the docks here. Glowing on a nearby wall is script that reads, "STEP ON OR BE STEPPED ON." A shuttered glass gas lamp lies dark and unlit atop a tall, ornately gilded post. Towering high above the ground, a large signal beacon is here, its many glass panes pulsing dimly with a yellowed light. A statue of the Annihilated World stands here, memorialising his noble spirit. Obfuscated by clouds of shadow, a pyramid of polished marble rises grimly through a pile of bones and rotting bodies. You see exits leading northeast, south, west, and up.
  • Mysrai said:
    Gurashi REALLY has a thing for jackals. 

This was actually based off of Gurashi.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Have long a way have you, @Daraius? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • *probe satchel*

*there are many satchels inside this satchel*

*remove satchel probe new satchel*

*there are fifty noodles inside this satchel*

Be...exceedingly precise about amount of noodles you want Ixchilgal to make, got it!
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Jolanthe said:
    Psssst, @Coraline

Uzriel has choked upon the leathery skin and succulent juices of Raezon's radical raisin.
    You see the death occur at a hillside covered in heavy vegetation.

What am I coming back to?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    Faythe said:
    Faithful Supplicant, @Alarin shouts, "IRONBEARD! COME BACK HEA!"

A treacherous path.
    The area is bathed with silver light as a robust defensive aura suffuses the air due to a shield
    shrine of Lisaera nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky.
    You see exits leading up and down.

Atop the cliff.
    The area is bathed with silver light as a robust defensive aura suffuses the air due to a shield
    shrine of Lisaera nearby. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a 
    living totem. A hornbeam sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here.
    You see exits leading north, east, southeast, and down.

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile 
    about himself as he arrives.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous hiccups and says, "Special people like Faythe deserve something special on
    special days."
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a crystal anniversary present!

Your eyes bulge out as you utter a strangled, "Gah!"

Didn't create a forums account until just now (had bad experiences with it on other games), but I laughed when I saw this one. Ironbeard gave practically EVERYONE in the room presents except me. I felt left out. D:

He did come back ten minutes later though!

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2020
    You drop 500 gold sovereigns into a draconicon slot machine, the tinkling of the coins echoing in your ears.

You pull down on the lever attached to a draconicon slot machine. It comes to life, reels spinning quickly as
    bumblebees, dolphins, spiders, skulls and dragons fly past.

A draconicon slot machine's eyes light up as a deep rumbling issues from its depths, reminiscent of a dragon's
    roar. The reels slowly stop spinning until a dragon, a bumblebee, and a dragon are left displayed. It quickly
    spits out a stream of 16000 gold sovereigns at you.

Aeciel drops 500 gold sovereigns into a draconicon slot machine, the tinkling of the coins echoing in your ears.

Aeciel pulls down on the lever attached to a draconicon slot machine. It comes to life, reels spinning quickly as
    bumblebees, dolphins, spiders, skulls and dragons fly past.

A draconicon slot machine's eyes light up as a deep rumbling issues from its depths, reminiscent of a dragon's
    roar. The reels slowly stop spinning until a spider, a spider, and a spider are left displayed. It quickly spits out a
    stream of 16000 gold sovereigns at Aeciel.

We were lucky, once. Just the once.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2020
    Imagine if you actually bet something instead of playing like a coward.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2020
    Daraius said:
    Imagine if you actually bet something instead of playing like a coward.
    The point was more that we threw out the same gag bet and won the same surprising amount in rapid succession.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • "The space on your left side trembles, but the right does not, leaving you with the feeling of having immersed one half of your body in water."

Man, these are giving me big spooks.

pronouns: they/them
  • Clockwork Banana
    Today at 10:33 AM

I'm not sneaky.
    I'm too loud to be sneaky
    That's why Nocht wants Gurashi in His order so much
    Get him to shut the hell up
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    *sobbing irl* so good
    You have emoted: Gurashi lifts his head to watch the passing murder of crows, then off into the woods, as if expecting to see someone. 

The Divine voice of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity echoes in your head, "I do not know what you speak of, little one. I hear because My Eldin is here, before Me. I do not pry, but your voice rings in My mind like the call of the summer insects in love. You do not have to answer. My curiosity is a gift, a Truth. Be at peace." 

You think to yourself: ...at peace... 

You have emoted: Gurashi suddenly looks as though he might cry, though his eyes remain dry.

What is this emotional oomph doing in my Funnies section?
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."