What are you playing?

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited October 2019
    Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind. Came out to day. I did a few playthroughs of the beta version, but gotta delve into the final release. Basically a semi-random choose your own adventure paired with a fantasy clan management game. It's really great. Also has the best art and deep lore I've ever seen in a game. It really deserves a mafia game so I have an excuse to throw pretty art around.
    Edit because clarity: Doesn't run on Linux, though. Had to install Windows 10 for it. Was worth it, but a minor pain.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Portius said:
    Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind. Came out to day. I did a few playthroughs of the beta version, but gotta delve into the final release. Basically a semi-random choose your own adventure paired with a fantasy clan management game. It's really great. Also has the best art and deep lore I've ever seen in a game. It really deserves a mafia game so I have an excuse to throw pretty art around.
    Edit because clarity: Doesn't run on Linux, though. Had to install Windows 10 for it. Was worth it, but a minor pain.
    Even with Wine? I can get darn near anything to run with it now.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Everiine said:
    Portius said:
    Even with Wine? I can get darn near anything to run with it now.
    Yeah. Wine gave me the same results as trying it in Windows 7: a popup saying that it needs Windows 10. I wouldn't be shocked if someone who knows more than I do can get it to work. A virtual machine might do it, I didn't bother setting one up.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ugh, that sucks :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Untitled Goose Game has got me good.
  • I missed A Dark Room ages ago, it seems, but it's managed to engross me and I feel inclined to give it a shout out for existing.
  • I had missed that Stardew Valley got an update, so part of my Christmas Day was spent playing with my cousins, who had graciously informed me.

I already had something like 700 hours logged on that game, so um. We'll see how this pans out.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
     :o Did the Switch version get one?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I stopped due to the holidays, but Disco Elysium.

The writing is amazing and never have I played a game where I purposefully want to make bad decisions just to see what happens because of how hilarious it is. My character is convinced that there's some sexy supernatural twist in every case/happening, and has very strong hunches about everything and what's going on - but is dumb as a rock and highly self destructive.

Highly recommend and I'm ready to get back to it when I can.
  • Daraius said:
     :o Did the Switch version get one?
    Yes. So many nice QoL changes and stuff for end-game/late game. Despite the allure of the latter, I started an entirely new farm to enjoy all the other things (like you can now open a submenu from the social menu for each villager, which will track/remember which gifts you gave and if they were liked/loved).

Oh man. I do not need to start YET ANOTHER new farm but...
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm behind it myself, but I agree with Uzriel. Disco Elysium is utterly incredible. I need to finish it. Then play it again.
  • I am hanging out to start playing disco elysium, I've watched it some and it's amazing. Sooooon.

Also picked up a few new things recently I'm liking. Streets of rogue even as it frustrates me is too cute and fun to not like. Also been playing a game called Orwell, I might really really like being a super creeper >_>
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited December 2019
    Clank! In! Space! Enjoy a fun sci-fi heist in this deck-building strategy game for 2-4 players. Outsmart your enemies and leave your friends in the dust!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Back and forth between Path of Exile and Black Desert Online at the moment. Was considering resubbing to Everquest 2 again for a bit to try out the new expansion as well since I'd had it preordered for a while now.
  • Stardew Update: Nearly to the end of Year 2 for my four corners farm where I refused to upgrade my house in any way, and I'm not only done with the community centre but finished the new hidden bundle thereafter. Also got to level 100 of skull cavern already, and managed to go home without a totem and go to sleep before 11PM. All the changes have made deep diving often and regularly a lot more palatable.

... but now I want to start a new river farm and fill it full of fish ponds and tea trees. Send help.

• Jolanthe said:
    Stardew Update: Nearly to the end of Year 2 for my four corners farm where I refused to upgrade my house in any way, and I'm not only done with the community centre but finished the new hidden bundle thereafter. Also got to level 100 of skull cavern already, and managed to go home without a totem and go to sleep before 11PM. All the changes have made deep diving often and regularly a lot more palatable.

... but now I want to start a new river farm and fill it full of fish ponds and tea trees. Send help.

Me, looking at the 200+ hours I have spent doing Stardew Valley tasks...
    (I haven't played in the last six months so if they made skull cavern truly more doable then I clearly need to check it out, I hated that place)
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    (I haven't played in the last six months so if they made skull cavern truly more doable then I clearly need to check it out, I hated that place)
    It depends on what typically gives you trouble - enemies are still just as tough, and I often find myself fighting more at once than prior. But there's some key points that are really nice:

- New desert merchant that exchanges for other items rather than asking for gold. In particular, you can trade three omni-geodes for a desert totem now, and bypass the need to use the bus entirely and get a very early start.

- In the past, when you leap down the pits that drop you multiple levels, you could end up in any odd position in the floor you landed on, including surrounded by enemies. Now, you always land right by the exit ladder, as though you entered the floor normally. There is very little reason not to leap in every pit you see at this point - if you don't have the food to heal from the fall then you should leave anyways.

- Triple espresso shot, which lasts three times longer than normal coffee. You spend less time shuffling through your items to re-consume coffee alongside crab cakes/spicy eel and can upkeep that sweet sweet speed for juking/scanning floors rapidly.

- Might be a fluke, but more enemy drops. In particular I feel like I get bombs/spicy eel dropping from serpents more frequently, but I use burglar ring and ymmv.

- In case you're just altogether not good at the combat aspect, staircases now stack in a single item slot. Massive gamechanger for the days you just want to be able to speed down to a given strata immediately.
  • edited January 2020
    Out of sheer boredom and lack of anything else to play, I decided to resub to WoW with the next raid coming next week.
    I was going to play FF14 again since they have a "play for 5 days free" so I figured I'd have a looksie... But then a GM decided to suspend me for 12hrs because of something I said at least 5 months ago, not 10 minutes after I logged in (I last played in about August). So I said fuck that noise. I apparently made 'inappropriate comments' but fuck if I know what they were since I had literally not logged in for ~5 months and had said nothing in the 10 minutes I was logged in for.
    So WoW it is, for now. Also with my classes starting again next week my time is gonna be stretched super thin, so yaaaaaaay.
  • Let's play Hollow Knight I said!
    It'll be wholesome good fun, I said!
    (totally going to try and beat Nosk tonight, sobs what a horrific villain)

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

But if you choose to spare [REDACTED] and find where they end up... that’s pretty darn wholesome.
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    After playing Civ 5 for a bit, I nabbed Civ 4 because I remembered liking it better years ago. Got a little cocky and started at Prince difficulty because "I remember being okay at this game."

Forgot that AI is a lot smarter in Civ 4 than 5! Lost to a sudden war with two bordering nations way before the 200 turn point. Womp womp.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I love hollow knight! You reminded me I need to return to it, my save file disappeared and I lost heaps of progress and table flipped the game into oblivion but it's awesome and I need to play it.

I'm also kinda horrendously addicted to Graveyard Keeper.
    edited January 2020
    Just in case you weren't aware:

ETA: God it's been a while since I watched that trailer and I just got so freaking excited all over again. XD
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Just in case you weren't aware:

ETA: God it's been a while since I watched that trailer and I just got so freaking excited all over again. XD
    I'm aware! I'm so excited! I really wanna show my wife the trailer but she wants 0 spoilers so I've been waiting until we beat HK... except we probably aren't even halfway through. I'm fascinated that there is another kingdom beyond Hallownest... the lore in this game is so good.

• Sylandra said:
    After playing Civ 5 for a bit, I nabbed Civ 4 because I remembered liking it better years ago. Got a little cocky and started at Prince difficulty because "I remember being okay at this game."

Forgot that AI is a lot smarter in Civ 4 than 5! Lost to a sudden war with two bordering nations way before the 200 turn point. Womp womp.
    I love Civ so much (been playing it since it was all squares on an old PC way back when), but I learned the hard way that while I CAN play on the highest difficulties, I don't usually want to.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• this game is overwhelmingly #unwholesome