Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2019
    Now that aethergoop from trade breakdowns is bound, could we make it so anyone can break down any aethergoods, regardless of trade? I'll be upfront about my intentions here: I've got just about everything I want or need from goop, and I want to be able to share the wealth without having a novice take up tailoring just to break down scarves.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Can we please have an additional syntax on the wizzer boxes (ashop 975) that lists the negatives stored on it? I mean, obviously they're already saved...

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• In changelog #1918 (relating to report 113), wonderbrazier figuring offering syntax was changed to allow partial offering of the stored esteem. It'd be really excellent if this was applied to artied figurines as well!
  • Please make DESIGN PATTERNS <trade> filterable, eg: DESIGN PATTERNS <trade> <string>.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Can the CARTELS command be changed to include orders and guilds? Pretty please?

I know the old guild ledger command was folded into the new GL stuff, but I really don't see a reason why members shouldn't be able to see what cartels are available to them, all the time. Pleeeease.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Not sure if this goes here, but for the Scroll of Laurels artifact, can a toggle be added that allows quest lines to be shown/hidden? Like, all the rest of HONOURS is hidden, but HONOURS FULL is still accessible to others.
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• I think it'd be neat if doing comm quests during a revolt would help influence the village.
  • Add a command to, great and private, libraries to allow magic copies of books to be purchased for a fee. (A proportion of which could go to the author and the rest to the library?)

Probably with a second variable that can be set on the book to enable it to be purchased. (Or the inverse, prevent it from being purchased, whichever really)

Would be nice to enable the building out of libraries, there's a few books here and there which I'd like to add to mine but tracking down original authors isn't always feasible, especially given some aren't written by players.
    isn’t that what bookcopy is for?
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Technically, yes. But if it's published in a library, and you want to make a copy, you'd have to get either the author or the editor to unseal it (which isn't always a viable option) and when you reseal it, it goes through the review process again, even if nothing was changed, because it's considered the second edition.

pronouns: they/them
  • Esei said:
    Daraius said:
    Technically, yes. But if it's published in a library, and you want to make a copy, you'd have to get either the author or the editor to unseal it (which isn't always a viable option) and when you reseal it, it goes through the review process again, even if nothing was changed, because it's considered the second edition.
    I don't know about the editor, but if the author checks a book out, they are given the original copy which can then be copied without unsealing. Again, not always feasible to do, but it's an option if the author is active.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Daraius said:
    Bookcopy is another method, which also would still enable you to create copies outside the library system.

And, as mentioned, it's not always feasible afaik. Some books were written by characters that are inactive or retired. The Listener library from a glance copies of all the official histories that someone's just duplicated into new books, as another example, where the suggestion would enable people to just get copies of the books from the world library. (Which is the alternative right now really)
  • Can poses be added to EMOVERRIDE? Right now, if the original emote uses poses, then the overridden emote will still use the original pose, which is not always in alignment with the override.
  • Aethertraders announcing when they've departed would be nice! Maybe as an opt-in thing if people complain about spam.
    I have mixed feelings about that, but I think ultimately I would appreciate knowing whether to bother going to Lyraa if I log in and see Raphie was there a minute ago. For folks who don’t have bubblixes and gnome-tracking methods I wonder if it would make things more or less demoralizing. On one hand, you don’t have to waste money on a button and time searching a bubble, but on the other hand you’ll see just how fast the artied-up traders can wipe a gnome out.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited January 2020
    I'd rather be demoralised than waste 10000 gold   :p  Personally, though, prefer for there to be more trades per visit since 3 seems so small and so many people bring along others to trade for them, robbing actual tailors/jewellers/cooks of trades. I don't really see why people without those trades can trade, unless that's encouraged??
    Help me I’m agreeing with Feoragan. :#  
    I used to make cakes.

Tbh the whole system seems kind of slapped together, and heavily leans into rich-get-richer territory. But it made it possible for me to become a roided out, artied up combat and RP god so I don’t want any of that nerfed for other people. I want to be able to easily share the spoils of my refining and trading efforts. Make the AETHERGOOP BREAK commands skill-agnostic so anyone of any trade can do it. :'(

I used to make cakes.

• Feoragan said:
    I don't really see why people without those trades can trade, unless that's encouraged??
    Well, then the real meta would be to not learn any trades until you can skillflex freely. Else you lose out on the potential to keep all trades at inept and swap them about without lesson loss.

Perhaps a better solution would be to limit how many trades can be made with the same maker's mark in a single go. That could still be gamed around, but then you'd need to at least have the people doing max refining swapping items with other people to maintain the status quo.

• Jolanthe said:
    Feoragan said:
    I don't really see why people without those trades can trade, unless that's encouraged??
    Well, then the real meta would be to not learn any trades until you can skillflex freely. Else you lose out on the potential to keep all trades at inept and swap them about without lesson loss.

Perhaps a better solution would be to limit how many trades can be made with the same maker's mark in a single go. That could still be gamed around, but then you'd need to at least have the people doing max refining swapping items with other people to maintain the status quo.

Honestly if someone is going to those lengths to just trade for someone else, then I'm pretty okay with that.

Having both restrictions, one per player, one per crafter, might make things slightly better. 

I feel like people shouldn't be trying to game how the system works, really?
  • Feoragan said:
    Honestly if someone is going to those lengths to just trade for someone else, then I'm pretty okay with that.

Having both restrictions, one per player, one per crafter, might make things slightly better. 

I feel like people shouldn't be trying to game how the system works, really?
    Yeah, I agree. Hence the suggestion!

As for the latter question, I would also agree with that line of reasoning, but Lusternia has a cultural background that steers strongly towards, "Fix the mechanic, don't blame the player". Whether or not something is considered blatant abuse seems to skirt the line many a times, and it can cause uproars when people do get punished and there are comparable/similar past cases where nothing happened. So I think it's useful/beneficial on the whole to ask yourself "How can this be broken?" each time you make a suggestion, and to make exploring that part of the consideration process.
    Can the variables for emoverride get a little more documentation in HELP EMOTING? I have a hard time wrapping my head around what each one means.
    I used to make cakes.

• Now that they made the goop bound, I'd rather they just increase how many trades can be done. 3 is so horribly low, given the frequency at which they happen, as well as just how fast some people are able to get there.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2020
    With aethergoop crafting prioritizing bound goop, can it print your bound goop total on craft instead of just the unbound?

For reference:
    You sprinkle aethergoop over a handful of gold coins and throw it up into the air, where it explodes
    in a swirling cloud of aether flux. You then hold aloft a fistful of fruit, which absorbs the golden
    flux and transforms into a bottle of sparkling Golden Tonic.

You currently have 31 aethergoop.

You sprinkle aethergoop over a handful of gold coins and throw it up into the air, where it explodes
    in a swirling cloud of aether flux. You then hold aloft a fistful of fruit, which absorbs the golden 
    flux and transforms into a bottle of sparkling Golden Tonic.

You currently have 31 aethergoop.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Probably not simple, but an idea... can we get vardos?

Let artisans design them, have them only work in outside environments, let them move faster than walking, not be able to go over water, et cetera. Just one-room vardos. Limit the number of people that can go into them based on the size, or maybe one-size-fits-five or something. Require it to be pulled by a beast so it can't just magically go along on its own.