New player looking for information

Hi,

I am a new player with experience in other ire games but not this one. It's been 5 years since I've really played.

A lot seems to be different to when I played before and with this games so I was hoping to get more info.

I will likely only be able to play a few hours every couple days. Can I still make decent progress with limited time?

Wanted to join a city with a decent about of people around. Is Gaudigulch a decent choose for this?

I've been looking at help files and trying to look at the forms to try to get a handle on things. What do I need to know about list as opposed to other ire games? (Achaea, imperian and aetolia but long time ago)

Thanks,

Comments

• Mael said:

I will likely only be able to play a few hours every couple days. Can I still make decent progress with limited time?

Wanted to join a city with a decent about of people around. Is Gaudigulch a decent choose for this?

I guess it depends on what you wish to view as "progress", and what you ultimately want to do with your time in the game. If you don't mind taking your time to really explore the game on your own and build skills over time, the current daily credits system enables that now more than ever. Ease of acquiring credits actually scales with level for a number of things, so if you find a good groove you might not even be in a rush to advance EXP wise too quickly. Up to 20 a day, which can translate into 120 extra lessons per day.

Gaudiguch is currently in a sort of boom state - lots of activity and drama alike IIRC, so if that all sounds fine I'd go for it. If it always felt too empty before, that should be less a problem now.
  • Gaudiguch is pretty laid back, so if you like not feeling pressured to do things, it's a good place to be. Of course, it also means we generally don't do well in measurable rankings of 'success' like village revolts or timequakes. Give and take!

It's easy to keep a low profile as a Gaudiguchian. Almost everyone doesn't see us as a threat so we can do a lot of things under the radar. :wink:
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• Low profile sounds good. With not having a lot of time not bring dragged into things I don't want to get involved in sounds nice. 

I have no idea what the time quakes are or why winning village revolts matters so doesn't bother me.
  • Gaudiguch has been awesome for me! I can pretty much be as lazy or as productive as I want to be and no one even bats an eye. It's pretty awesome, lol.