General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Why the week before Christmas? Why must I first have flu-like symptoms, then this blasted cough/headcold thing that's robbed my voice? WHHYYYYYYYY?!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Rice burned in the pot, something went wrong. It's never flashed like that.

Pot is ruined but can be salvaged, I can just scrub it out over time.

The countertop I rested the pot on for a second because the sink was fucking full can not be. It's now blackened and bubbled and not great for making bread anymore and I want to throw myself into a fucking ocean and just not exist thanks.
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Shulamit said:
    Rice burned in the pot, something went wrong. It's never flashed like that.

Pot is ruined but can be salvaged, I can just scrub it out over time.

The countertop I rested the pot on for a second because the sink was fucking full can not be. It's now blackened and bubbled and not great for making bread anymore and I want to throw myself into a fucking ocean and just not exist thanks.
    Having destroyed a pot and an element on an old stove when the coil sparked and burned the hell out of the pot one time, I sympathise on all parts. *hugs*

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I've "fixed" the countertop

There's now a cutting board over the scorched area.

I have room to make bread again, but I'm just still so angry with myself for allowing that to happen.

The pot is slow going. Scrubbing is hard, but it's getting cleaner.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Try an overnight vinegar soak?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Yes. There's been a lot of soaking. It'll get cleaned, it just takes time. I can't scrub for super long, so I have to keep soaking and waiting.

...one of the other pots had been "ruined" before (same set) because husband did something, unsure. Maybe the same thing!

He didn't ruin the countertop though...

edited December 2019
    One time I put a whole stainless steel pan in the oven to cook chicken or something after searing it. When it was done I very carefully took it out with potholders and set it on the stovetop... then immediately forgot it had just been in the oven and grabbed the handle with a bare hand.  :s  

This isn’t meant to be an appeal to worse outcomes, just further evidence that humans are dumb and cookware can be evil sometimes. 
    I used to make cakes.

• More tooth shards falling out. Wisdom tooth is pointy again.

Pot is more scrubbed. Yay scrubbing.

• edited January 2020
    In continuation of my general work suckiness (highly technical term), I misread my hours on clocking out previously, and almost freaked out when I saw I was just below 50 hours clocking out tonight, with six more hours left on my work week. Sigh.
    I really do need the money though.

:( petition for an "empathy" or even just a "sympathy" button in the general social media sphere. I don't think the existing roles built into social media ever really give me that. being online and having feelings beyond "oh?" is smothering, THERE IS NO OTHER APPROPRIATE RESPONSE TO THIS THAN "OOF" so I need a button
  • Silfea said:
    In continuation of my general work suckiness (highly technical term), I misread my hours on clocking out previously, and almost freaked out when I saw I was just below 50 hours clocking out tonight, with six more hours left on my work week. Sigh.
    I really do need the money though.

:( petition for an "empathy" or even just a "sympathy" button in the general social media sphere. I don't think the existing roles built into social media ever really give me that. being online and having feelings beyond "oh?" is smothering, THERE IS NO OTHER APPROPRIATE RESPONSE TO THIS THAN "OOF" so I need a button
    I second the 'oof' button.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• HELLO I AM HERE TO WHINE MORE

Appointment has been set for end of month. Am I going to miss being able to design for Beauty Seal? Oh, doesn't matter, I don't place or get mentioned, so.

"Sign this form saying we aren't responsible for anything bad that could happen. Like nerve damage. Or destroying a crown for the root canal that's nearby."

"Will you put the crown back on?"

"Lmao fuck no. We will give it to you so you can have your normal dentist put it on though."

"Okay"

"Oh yeah we also don't prescribe any opiods at all."

"...okay."

"So you're only getting ibuprofen after having two wisdom teeth removed from your jaw."

"...okay."

"Sign here saying we're not responsible for anything."

"...okay. What about the insurance? Will it cover repairing the crown if that happens?"

"Don't know don't care, just care if you sign saying we're not responsible."

Okay it wasn't quite that rude at the end, but basically just a shrug and didn't know anything about insurance, didn't matter, only mattered that I knew they weren't responsible for anything they're doing.

Cool! Got it! Great! Yes! I know!

I've still told husband if I die to find a medical malpractice lawyer >_>

The absolute terror of all this compounded with social stuff with my mom has made me feel incredibly depressed, then feel bad about being depressing to be around, and then worse because all I am doing is whining. Fuck.

• edited January 2020
    Shulamit said:
    HELLO I AM HERE TO WHINE MORE

Appointment has been set for end of month. Am I going to miss being able to design for Beauty Seal? Oh, doesn't matter, I don't place or get mentioned, so.

Don't worry. Me neither, to the point where it contributed to me leaving the game for over a year.
    Edit: It has also made me seriously question my ability to write anything, which I was once fairly confident in. Alas.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• A combination of things lead to my year off, but it was a heavy weight, that was.

People can tell me in game how much they like my designs, or how prolific I am, but if you don't get even an honourable mention the one time designs seem to matter, what the fuck does it actually matter, my depression tells me.

Sure, Mysrai kisses helped back when, but the depression likes to remind me They only favoured me back then because I was so pathetic I couldn't even get an honourable mention. Designs I spent days on, designs I spent minutes on, ones I had other people look over with me, none fucking matter.

• Shulamit said:
    A combination of things lead to my year off, but it was a heavy weight, that was.

People can tell me in game how much they like my designs, or how prolific I am, but if you don't get even an honourable mention the one time designs seem to matter, what the fuck does it actually matter, my depression tells me.

Sure, Mysrai kisses helped back when, but the depression likes to remind me They only favoured me back then because I was so pathetic I couldn't even get an honourable mention. Designs I spent days on, designs I spent minutes on, ones I had other people look over with me, none fucking matter.
    I like to tell myself I won't bother this year. Alas, I'm gullible and will talk myself into it somehow. 

I really, really, really know how you feel. I went back to a pretty dark place recently over other things that happened to my last character that felt like they were happening again, and I'm sorry in advance to the friends that will hear about it when the inevitable rolls around again.

Let's start a Beauty is Pain support group. Haha.

• Agggghhhhhh, that moment when your two-year-old won't get off your arm and you miss a trade because you can't type.

This has happened to me as I try to type around Rex's enormous head that he insists belongs under my hands at all times.
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm becoming increasingly frustrated at my erratic schedule and inability to line up with anyone else's (with one notable exception). It's really getting kinda upsetting that I just can't do anything with anyone but one person.

• Wisdom teeth are out. I'm grumpy and tired. The gauze is making me gag.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2020
    So I've worked at my job for 13 years. 

Over the last few years, business has slowed down, and in the last two years,  I've had to take a position that pays about 4$ an hour less, and about 18 less hours a week. Said new position (Position A) requires me to wear a respirator due to dust and sparks. After doing the position for a few weeks, a new position opened, and I was able to transfer into that position (B) for about a week. No dust, no sparks.Then, they "temporary transferred" me back to my old position (A) for the next year or so.

I recently went to take a breathing test (to qualify to be able to use a respirator) and failed it because I've been diagnosed with chronic asthma. Company transferred me back to my position (B) but made it known that my respirator position (A) is actually my job, and I need to see my personal doctor to see if he'll release me to wear a respirator. There's an implied "or else". 

They've also added a specific duty to my position (B), which is driving what amounts to a small zamboni to sweep up dust. This is the dustiest, nastiest job in the plant, and has in no way any connection to what I do in my position  (b) besides "we need someone to do it and don't want to hire anyone".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    So I've worked at my job for 13 years. 

Over the last few years, business has slowed down, and in the last two years,  I've had to take a position that pays about 4$ an hour less, and about 18 less hours a week. Said new position (Position A) requires me to wear a respirator due to dust and sparks. After doing the position for a few weeks, a new position opened, and I was able to transfer into that position (B) for about a week. No dust, no sparks.Then, they "temporary transferred" me back to my old position (A) for the next year or so.

I recently went to take a breathing test (to qualify to be able to use a respirator) and failed it because I've been diagnosed with chronic asthma. Company transferred me back to my position (B) but made it known that my respirator position (A) is actually my job, and I need to see my personal doctor to see if he'll release me to wear a respirator. There's an implied "or else". 

They've also added a specific duty to my position (B), which is driving what amounts to a small zamboni to sweep up dust. This is the dustiest, nastiest job in the plant, and has in no way any connection to what I do in my position  (b) besides "we need someone to do it and don't want to hire anyone".
    I can see they really value your loyalty. [/sarcasm]

• My mouth does not ache. But I am slightly warm and very very tired, even more so than the normal tiredness from the thyroid issue gives.

I don't want to sleep all day. And now I can't get ice cream because the check engine light is on, it seems.

• The thing that is in my mouth that was likely stitching came out which stung. The one on the roof of my mouth has not come out. I'm still supremely tired.

And now I've fallen to the communists, which sucks. I didn't want this compounded with that, but it was inevitable.

• Wow have y'all really been satisfied this long?! Okay, I got one.

People in this house: "you cant cook lol"
    Also people in this house: always eating my all my fucking muffins and biscuits whenever I make any

Apparently the only one who can cook steak in this house. Others either have it raw, or practically burnt. "It's hard to make it mid-rare!" - no it fucking isn't, you're just useless and have no sense of time. Protip: If your steak has literal smoke rising from it, with charcoal sides, you're beyond help.

I'm the only one who seems to know how to cook anything with rice in it properly. They either have uncooked, crunchy rice bits floating in it. Or it's sloppy mush that dissolves in your mouth.

Seeing as I'm the one who always has to bloody wash them, I'm also apparently the only one capable of cooking anything egg/cheese-related without half of it sticking to the pots/pans. We even have intact non-stick pots and pans. HOW?!

A bonus one: Toasted sandwiches is rocket science to people in this house. Seemingly the insides obviously aren't cooked unless the pan is smoking, and there's a visible layer of charcoal covering them. Golden brown bread? UNDERCOOKED--PUT IT BACK HEATHEN!

They say you should love your family, but mine really like testing that. All the time I end up copping shit like, "Wow these are salty/sugary." or "Why did you put so much <x> in this?!" -- Or, as with my recent muffins: "You put too many bananas in these..." --- NEWSFLASH: I DIDN'T MAKE THEM FOR YOU. STOP COMPLAINING. ALTERNATIVELY: STOP EATING THEM.

You fucks say all this about my food, but it sure as hell doesn't stop you eating it all the god damn time.

In conclusion:

That is all.
  • Work - lol

You ever get to that point where you can't even be mad or angry or cry, and all you can really do is laugh? We're almost there.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would have said "that's been my year," but this week has been above and beyond even that.