m&mf

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Right, I got my current issues solved by replacing the below things, remember if something is in square brackets you need to use \ before symbols for waterwalk this would be: 

def = "You are able to walk on water with consummate ease.",
        defr = [[^You are able to walk on water with consummate ease\.$]],

Use search to find the things you must modify, also please share new defences as you notice them

Beauty
    ------
    New: How gorgeous are you? Beauty replenishes your ego.
    Old: Beauty Enchantment (beauty) (indefinite)

Perfection
    ----------
    New: Perfection regenerates your paragon-like mana.
    Old: ^Perfection Enchantment \(perfection\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.$

Mercy
    -----
    New: So this is vitality! Mercy restores your health.
    Old: Mercy Enchantment \(mercy\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.

Kingdom
    -------
    New: Thou shalt not bleed\, majesty. Kingdom hastens your clotting\.
    Old: Kingdom Enchantment \(kingdom\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.$

Waterbreathe
    ------------
    New: Water is to you as air, and you shall not drown.
    Old: Water Breathing \(waterbreathe\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.

Acquisitio
    ----------
    New: A lust to accumulate possesses your grubby soul\.
    Old: Ritual of acquisitio

Deathsight
    ----------
    New: Your mind is linked with the strings of fate, bringing news of the dead.
    Old: Deathsight (deathsight) (indefinite).

Waterwalk
    ---------
    New: You are able to walk on water with consummate ease.
    Old: ^Waterwalking \(waterwalk\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.

Yesod
    -----
    New: Your actions are cloaked in secrecy.
    Old: Yesod.

Nimbus
    ------
    New: You are surrounded by a cosmic nimbus.
    Old: Cosmic Nimbus \(cosmicnimbus\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.

Fire
    ----
    New: Your insides are warmed by a fire potion.
    Old: Fire Potion (firepotion) (indefinite)

Frost:
    ------
    New: A faint chill of latent ice cools your flesh.
    Old: Frost Potion (frost) (indefinite).

• Release 47 has at least most of those lines updated (I didn't realize about Yesod and Nimbus).
  • Hello everybody,

So, I've been gone a bit, and trying to update the system (and failing miserably.)  Anyway, have git Gui working now, have the repository all set up and good to go, but I run into a problem here with the install....

Open the command-line and navigate to the m&mf folder, and run:

In Windows:
    generate.lua -o <your class>

Ok, so after I downloaded luaforwindows and 7zip, I try going into the lua command line and navigate to the folder, but have no idea how to do that. the command prompt commands I know don't seem to work, and the documentation I can find is greek to me.  anyone care to break this down barney style for an idiot such as myself?
  • If you aren't trying to develop, don't bother with any of that. Just download the zip for your class or the allclasses version, use the package manager to install it. Restart mudlet and do mminstall to setup.
  • MMF is spamming leg stance over and over and over.

Also, why is it TRYING TO RUB DEATHSIGHT?! Was that even EVER an enchantment that was rubbed?

• Naectis said:

Also, why is it TRYING TO RUB DEATHSIGHT?! Was that even EVER an enchantment that was rubbed?

Yes, deathsight was an enchantment. The ability used to be 'deathsense' and just told you that someone died (but not location) and deathsight gave you the location, making deathsense rather useless to begin with.
  • Naectis said:
    MMF is spamming leg stance over and over and over.

MMIGNORE DOSTANCE
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited September 2019
  • Is there any chance that there is a fix out there for the ndb system? It's not registering names automatically to the mmconfig politics.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Vatul said:
    Is there any chance that there is a fix out there for the ndb system? It's not registering names automatically to the mmconfig politics.
    Which system is not working qw, citizens, city enemies? All of them? 
  • Vatul said:
    Is there any chance that there is a fix out there for the ndb system? It's not registering names automatically to the mmconfig politics.
    Go through your ndb folders and look for every event of http. Change those to https.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Esoneyuna said:
    Vatul said:
    Which system is not working qw, citizens, city enemies? All of them? 
    It's just the part where it's trying to label everyone for politics and highlighting. Everyone was a rogue for me.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Does anyone else have the problem where m&mf won't show your vitals after curing recklessness until you diag?
    Is there a fix for this?
  • Does Github have the most up-to-date version of m&mf?
  • Mulengi said:
    Does Github have the most up-to-date version of m&mf?
    Yes, but it's still pretty old. Most people use it just to raise defenses.

• Trying to switch from Nexus and thought I'd install this... but it overwhelmed me with allheale spam? Any tips? Not MUDded for a few years
  • Ryoma said:
    Trying to switch from Nexus and thought I'd install this... but it overwhelmed me with allheale spam? Any tips? Not MUDded for a few years

Uninstall it I'd say. I tried installing it and realized it's easier to raise my defenses manually instead, and then later I made my own wonky defup sort of thing.
  • My main reason was that I wanted help with influencing since the targetting was a pain. Is there a slimmed down way to do that?
  • Ryoma said:
    My main reason was that I wanted help with influencing since the targetting was a pain. Is there a slimmed down way to do that?

I posted something over in code snippets. It's pretty ugly code (and the comment didn't format properly, so you might have to refer to the pastebin of it https://pastebin.com/46ZQXY6M ) but otherwise it does its job for me.

• Ryoma said:
    Trying to switch from Nexus and thought I'd install this... but it overwhelmed me with allheale spam? Any tips? Not MUDded for a few years
    It spams allheale if you have CONFIG PROMPT off, which I think is the default if you start on nexus.
  • Does anybody have the 'do' system as a separate thing already, or possibly help me in figuring out how to make my own version of it?
  • Hi, I'm new! Is there any way to get the custom prompt to work?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Rohice said:
    Hi, I'm new! Is there any way to get the custom prompt to work?

Hey, if you're new to this, then I highly suggest not getting involved with m&m to begin with. With the rise of SSC (Server-side curing) m&m has fallen into disrepair and to even remotely use it, you'll have to apply a lot of workarounds.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Hmm, is there another system available that has some of the same functionality? I mainly like the convenience features and defenses.
  • edited July 2020
    I realize MMF is basically dead in the water, but I had a few questions I was hoping might have an easy fix.

Is there a command/way to set it up for the mmf defense modes that if you can't do a certain defense it automatically stops trying? (other than manually typing 'mmdefs empty').  For example, I have "shine" (moondancer def) as one of my basic options, but the moon isn't out, so it can't raise the def.  

I'm also experiencing a glitch where I'll do DEFS just to see what I have up, and then it tries to raise things I already have - for example, invoking orange.

it doesn't show up in the DEFS list though, which I think is why it might be spamming it.  Example below.  How can I get it to actually show me all the defenses I have, like it used to BEFORE I installed mmf?

(m&mf): Your current defences (43):
    [ ] darkbeer               [ ] riding                 [ ] psishield
    [X] nightsight             [X] kafe                   [X] frost
    [X] lipread                [ ] yoyo                   [ ] aethersight
    [ ] kirigami               [ ] performance            [ ] keeneye
    [ ] galvanism              [ ] amberbeer              [ ] oolongtea
    [X] thirdeye               [ ] metawake               [ ] planarbond
    [ ] selfishness            [X] deathsight             [ ] respect
    [ ] blacktea               [X] fire                   [ ] protection
    [X] insomnia               [ ] greentea               [ ] truedeaf
    [ ] breath                 [ ] attune                 [ ] whitetea
    [ ] quicksilver            [ ] obliviousness          [ ] rebounding
    [ ] trueblind              [ ] charismaticaura        [ ] lovedef
    [ ] truetime               [ ] wetfold                [ ] moonwater
    (m&mf): Artifact defences:
    [ ] redlollipop            [ ] bluegenies             [ ] jellybaby
    [ ] rockcandy              [ ] gumball                [ ] wondercornmp
    [ ] wondercornhp           [ ] smokeweb               [ ] hardsmoke
    [ ] wondercornbal          [ ] bluelollipop           [ ] wondercornres
    [ ] fireball               [ ] redgenies              [ ] mint
    [ ] creamchew              [ ] wondercorneq           [ ] timeslip
    [ ] waxlips                [ ] yellowgenies           [ ] wondercorndam
    [ ] licorice               [ ] wondercornego          [ ] catsluck
    (m&mf): Totems defences:
    [X] skunk                  [X] tree                   [X] stag
    [X] groundhog              [X] trout                  [X] moon
    [X] bear                   [X] rock                   [X] snake
    [X] horse                  [X] wolf                   [X] monkey
    [X] crow                   [X] sun                    [X] night
    [X] squirrel               [X] nature                 [X] river
    (m&mf): Healing defences:
    [ ] choleric               [ ] sanguine               [ ] fractures
    [ ] mania                  [ ] phlegmatic             [ ] vitalityaura
    [ ] quickeningaura         [ ] neurosis               [ ] healingaura
    [ ] auric                  [ ] sensory                [ ] aurasense
    (m&mf): Enchantment defences:
    [X] beauty                 [ ] nimbus                 [ ] waterbreathing
    [ ] goldenbox              [ ] avaricehorn            [ ] emeraldbox
    [X] levitation             [ ] acquisitio             [X] kingdom
    [X] waterwalk              [X] mercy                  [X] perfection
    [ ] azurebox               
    (m&mf): Nature defences:
    [X] barkskin               [X] rooting                [X] torc
    [X] blend                  
    (m&mf): Lowmagic defences:
    [X] blue                   [X] red                    [X] yellow (59m)
    [ ] autumn                 [ ] orange                 
    (m&mf): Moon defences:
    [ ] drawdown               [X] aura                   [ ] shine
    [X] waxing                 [ ] harvest                
    (m&mf): Ascendance defences:
    [ ] presence               [ ] judiciouspresence      [ ] deathaura
    [ ] puresoul               [ ] omniscience            [ ] fearaura
    (m&mf): Wicca defences:
    [ ] channels               
    (m&mf): Additional defences:
    [X] moonchilde             
    You have recovered equilibrium. (0.5s)
    5240h, 6760m, 4860e, 5p, 100em exk-(invoke yellow)
    The yellow chakra already burns bright within your body.
    5240h, 6760m, 4860e, 5p, 100em exk-(invoke orange)
    The orange chakra already burns bright within your body.
    5240h, 6760m, 4860e, 5p, 100em exk-
    (invoke orange)
    5240h, 6760m, 4860e, 5p, 100em exk-
    (invoke orange)
    5240h, 6760m, 4860e, 6p, 100em exk-
    (invoke orange)
    (invoke orange)
    (invoke orange)
    (invoke orange)
    (invoke orange)
    (invoke orange)
    (invoke orange)
    (invoke orange)
    5240h, 6760m, 4860e, 6p, 100em exk-pp
    (m&mf): System paused.
    You have been recognised by Elexia for: She is such an incredible writer, and I adore the friendship between Faythe and Elexia. Faythe's emotes are well-written and creative, and in this scene in particular she has done such wonderful emotes using the Moondancer fae! It's always inspiring and so very much fun. 

You have been recognised by Lief for: There is a LOT to recognize you over. We've had so many great scenes - so much tension and warmth and friendship and confusion between our two characters, and I love every moment of it. Not to mention the cult - I am so glad you could make it, and Faythe's role in its creation was beautiful. It wouldn't have been the same event without Faythe's presence there. Thank you!!
  • Seems like a whole lot of people wander around with all the curing etc. of m&m turned off. How impossible of a task would it be to gut out all the now useless stuff, and would that make it easier to fix and update the rest? 
  • I worked out a fix for this with Llani, thank you anyway!
    You have been recognised by Elexia for: She is such an incredible writer, and I adore the friendship between Faythe and Elexia. Faythe's emotes are well-written and creative, and in this scene in particular she has done such wonderful emotes using the Moondancer fae! It's always inspiring and so very much fun. 

You have been recognised by Lief for: There is a LOT to recognize you over. We've had so many great scenes - so much tension and warmth and friendship and confusion between our two characters, and I love every moment of it. Not to mention the cult - I am so glad you could make it, and Faythe's role in its creation was beautiful. It wouldn't have been the same event without Faythe's presence there. Thank you!!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enya said:
    Seems like a whole lot of people wander around with all the curing etc. of m&m turned off. How impossible of a task would it be to gut out all the now useless stuff, and would that make it easier to fix and update the rest? 

Multiple people have tried.  To my knowledge, none have yet succeeded.  The curing is too integral to the rest of the system somehow.
  • There's a bandaid script somewhere that just tells mm to turn off all curing.
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've got a trigger that only does mmignorelist2() and fires a cecho. Not sure if mmignorelist2 is a baseline mm function or something someone else gave me that I uninstalled later.