Announce Post #2991: Trader Bob's Forgotten Vaults

edited January 2020 in Announce Posts
Trader Bob has unveiled his forgotten vaults of treasures he has unearthed over the years to the Basin! The lost treasures contained within are now available for the bearers of his golden keys, available for purchase on the website! Contents of the vault include, but are not limited to, wondercrystals, caches of credits, and artifacts (including those seen only in auctions!) You can find the vaults within his shop at the foot of Mount Avechna.

As well, anybody who completes their daily credits for the day will receive a key piece. Four key pieces may be transformed at the vault into a proper golden key.

You can access the vaults with the VAULTS command at the VAULTS landmark.

In addition, throughout the month of January, there will be a 30% credit sale!

Comments

• And what does the Ring of Calming Hues do?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ^ this, what the heck?
  • AUCTION INFO 20
  • Aha, thanks.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    To anyone who has braved the Vaults, are they worth the gamble? Is it even a gamble really, or does everything seem worth? I'd like to buy a key but I'm afraid of getting something not worth the ten beans.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited January 2020
    Game-wide RNG. You get a cheap item, or a super huge item. VAULTS PRIZES tells you what's left in the current grid (which refreshes once all are gone).
  • it might be helpful if VAULTS listed all the syntaxes? Thankfully a friendly onlooker helped me out with HELP VAULTS.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Sapphira said:
    it might be helpful if VAULTS listed all the syntaxes? Thankfully a friendly onlooker helped me out with HELP VAULTS.
    No match found for "vaults", trying a search...
    Search results for "vaults":
       No matches found.

Eh?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Sapphira said:
    it might be helpful if VAULTS listed all the syntaxes? Thankfully a friendly onlooker helped me out with HELP VAULTS.
    No match found for "vaults", trying a search...
    Search results for "vaults":
       No matches found.

Eh?

You have to be at the Vaults for the command to work.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @Eritheyl if you’re only buying one key, just use the free ones you’ll get for getting your daily creds.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Eritheyl said:
    To anyone who has braved the Vaults, are they worth the gamble? Is it even a gamble really, or does everything seem worth? I'd like to buy a key but I'm afraid of getting something not worth the ten beans.
    Anecdotally, I bought 5 keys and got 399 credits total (as credits, not trade-ins or anything). Not exciting, but for $45 that's not super incredibly terrible.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • edited January 2020
    The issue with the vaults, imo, is feeling "cheated" by not getting the thing you really want. If you only want, say, the Boots of Shanth, you might be in for a bad time. But if you don't care so long as you get good value relative to your money and equally want the credits/crystals, I'm quite sure you'll come out pleased. That sort of deal.

EDIT:

It also looks like the vaults don't reset on the weave, so if you look at the prizes and don't want to bite, you can walk away and wait. I think I can see why they designed it this way, but for me it just encourages non-participation.

• I feel like I wasted 50$ to get aethergoop and credits..... not worth spending money on in my opinion for so little chance of anything decent. 
  • Anything that involves getting multiple spins at the wheel is always gonna be way better of an investment. That said the vaults are as good as any promo... If you have really good luck.
  • At least their form fits their loot box function this go around
  • Word of warning: If you fuse a key, then see the prize list and don't like what you see and wait for the rotation to occur, your key will invisibly delete itself on the new rotation. Can't hold onto a key like that, apparently. Consider this a friendly PSA.
  • Jolanthe said:
    Word of warning: If you fuse a key, then see the prize list and don't like what you see and wait for the rotation to occur, your key will invisibly delete itself on the new rotation. Can't hold onto a key like that, apparently. Consider this a friendly PSA.
    This isn't true and that's a bug. Keys shouldn't delete themselves on vault resets.
  • edited January 2020
    Ayisdra said:
    Jolanthe said:
    Word of warning: If you fuse a key, then see the prize list and don't like what you see and wait for the rotation to occur, your key will invisibly delete itself on the new rotation. Can't hold onto a key like that, apparently. Consider this a friendly PSA.
    This isn't true and that's a bug. Keys shouldn't delete themselves on vault resets.
    I'm not sure how I lost it then, that just seemed like the most likely explanation. Bleh.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and shop aliases completely screwed me up.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2020
    Do the vaults disappear promptly at 00:00 on the last day of January?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • WE NEED ONE MORE DAY

It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• Having three strips and the vaults disappearing will make me cry.

• Sapphira said:
    Having three strips and the vaults disappearing will make me cry.

I definitely let a day or two slide because of this.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!