Simple questions?

Comments

• A day (month) in the life of a Shevat, condensed from multiples of most of these lines. We've reached the point where the one honour passive ticks are... actually helpful, sadly.

2020/01/22 00:08:25 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaizynne's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands. (2)
    2020/01/22 02:07:06 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Merlose's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands. (23)
    2020/01/22 05:38:02 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our efforts to expand our homeland's influence have not gone unnoticed. (1)
    2020/01/22 05:45:40 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Maligorn's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands. (23)
    2020/01/22 05:54:52 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Aramel's ruthless efforts to claim village territories are spoken of often. (15)
    2020/01/22 05:58:59 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaizynne's ruthless efforts to claim village territories are spoken of often. (15)
    2020/01/22 07:27:20 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Alexandria's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands. (2)
    2020/01/22 08:13:11 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our family's pious devotion to our patron is well known. (15)
    2020/01/22 09:12:56 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kaizynne has brought great honour to the family, their service to our nation well known by all. (1713) (epic)
    2020/01/22 09:39:53 - Shame lowers the eyes of the House: Aramel's ruthless and violent nature is a common horror story for children everywhere. (-132) (whoops, there goes all those gains except the epic)
    2020/01/22 14:22:03 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Nelras serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it. (1)
    2020/01/22 14:22:03 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Choros serves in an elected position, and the public looks well upon the family for it. (1)
    2020/01/22 14:22:03 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Alexandria's pious and continued service to the House's patron brings much honour to the family. (1)
    2020/01/22 14:22:03 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our family is known for their good breeding. (66)
    2020/01/22 14:22:03 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our estate is the largest in the land, and people look to us in awe. (20)

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Jeez that is a harsh penalty.  :(

Will the esteem change make it even harder to upkeep housestatus?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I imagine that it will, yes.  It will take 33% more esteem to get the offerings threshold for each tick.
  • I was wondering if there was a reason that Dracnari isn't on the list of races you can pick for your newbie task? It still let me pick it but I would not have known if I hadn't seen the race on the website first.
  • If it doesn't show up, it's probably a bug. I would definitely BUG it!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • edited January 2020
    It shows up, just in a different section. Each org has a set of recommended and discouraged races. Recommended appear above, discouraged appear below.

E.G. for Gaudiguch:

--[Recommended Races]---------------------------------------------------------
    --[ Races ]-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Hi hello!!

I was wondering if anyone knows much about our planets? Do any of them have rings?
  • I have some interest in having a Manse eventually, and looking through helpfiles I found ways to modify them, but I couldn't find the way to get the original Fulcrux Orb to start it. Could someone give me more information in how it works?
    edited January 2020
    North of the Aetherplex is the shop that sells your fulcrux and room boxes. 

And they come with instructions on the wrapper. 
    I used to make cakes.

• I got some keys and ended up with a fair bit of aethergoop. I think I'm going to do a fair bit of bashing. Is a base gnomeweapon worth it over a whip? Or should I get something else?

Thanks
    A base gnomeweapon plus one box should be roughly equal in damage to a whip I think, as well as splitting the damage into two streams.  Then you can keep upgrading it for +25 damage and an additional split for every box added.
  • How many pages does a ledger have?
  • Mulengi said:
    How many pages does a ledger have?
    20 pages!
  • If you shatter a wonder-item made of just one wondercrystal, do you gain that wondercrystal back, or do you end up with both no crystal and no item?
    edited January 2020
    You always lose 1 crystal on breaking, so it is the latter.

Edit: At one point there was some discussion about not allowing shattering of a 1-crystal item for precisely that reason.  Don't remember if anything ever came of it though.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Xenthos said:
    You always lose 1 crystal on breaking, so it is the latter.

Edit: At one point there was some discussion about not allowing shattering of a 1-crystal item for precisely that reason.  Don't remember if anything ever came of it though.
    1-crystal items can't be shattered, nope.

/sighs forlornly at wonderwings
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Does path tracking make use of the pathfinder ability?
    It automatically makes use of Ecology pathways if you have Boots of the Wanderer, if that’s what you mean.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    It automatically makes use of Ecology pathways if you have Boots of the Wanderer, if that’s what you mean.
    100% what I meant. Thanks. That will then let you path track to normally inaccessible areas then? You don’t need to do anything special to map them or configure it on or anything right?
    Not in my experience! I can zip around to Lirangsha and Icewynd in a couple steps from just about anywhere. As long as you know the room number you want to track to, the system (and boots, and your bubblixes) will get you there most of the time.
    I used to make cakes.

• I've been seeeing some stuff about curios and it looks like they're mini artifacts that can be assembled. How do you get curios and find out what they do? I've found a few and about via lessons, but have no idea as to what type are available or what they do.

There are some help files on some of them, but it seems to be incomplete, and I don't know which are active and which are not.

Is there some way to see what various curios are, or any other way to earn/get them?
  • See IC if there is one or more OOC clans for your city/commune/alliance. Join them. See if they have a  link to a list there, there is an older list we have linked around here somewhere. You might ask what newer ones there are. Generally, promotions will potentially give you some if they give you coins for the Wheel[which you spin iG for random prizes].
    Sometimes there will be seasonal/ or monthly promors of a specitic type or three of curios. Some quests in games give out curios if you complete them. You can buy SOME curios through the ASHOP, And there is something called the CURIOMARKET that allows you or other players to sell and buy your curio's to other players.

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of things too. HOpe any of htis helped and isn't outdated.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• CURIOMARKET has a syntax to see all of the curios, what they do, and what their pieces are.
  • Thank you, I'll take a look into clans, but curiomarket show gives me the information on what they do, mostly.

Confusing syntaxes in dealing with curios
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Maeloth said:
    Thank you, I'll take a look into clans, but curiomarket show gives me the information on what they do, mostly.

Confusing syntaxes in dealing with curios
    Curiomarket syntax gives me nightmares.

Also, unrelated question of my own!

So we have some demi choicelook/entermsgs from the old guilds, at least those of us that were fortunate to have them made back in the day. I see now that the newer guilds are also having some made for them, but here's my question: is it possible for still have some created and bound solely to class? I'd like some cool Nunchaku ones, but not if I'm going to have to stick them to the Revelry -- that's just big dumb.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • How many characters fit on a book's page?
  • Mulengi said:
    How many characters fit on a book's page?

More than you will (or should) ever need.
  • Is there a way to set which bubblix you use to get to the aetherplex in path tracking?

I would really prefer to use one that doesn't have the chance of running me into a domoth for instance.
  • How does selling and buying wondercrystals work? I don't have any, but might want to buy a couple, and am curious!
  • Mulengi said:
    How does selling and buying wondercrystals work? I don't have any, but might want to buy a couple, and am curious!
    You can gain one every ten levels and then can spend demigod essence to get 10 more. Beyond that, you can get them during promotions, with the elite membership (monthly), via a wonder cornucopia (...which you can build with 10 wondercrystals), randomly as prizes on the wheel, or by purchasing them from other players.

For the crystals you get from leveling or essence, those are sticky and can't be traded. For non-sticky crystals, buying them is really up to other players. It seems the going price is 50 credits or equivalent in other currencies.