A Carakhai Wedding

edited February 2020 in Event Scrolls
Niralahi was a champ and had a cleaned up wedding log before I got around to it. She was also a champ for putting up with my need to be extra. We made a ton of new designs just for the wedding and had a great time throwing ideas at each other.

So with that I'd like to offer a HUGE thank you to everyone that came, and a doubly huge thank you to Carakhan who hosted the most perfect wedding ever. Nalurei got a new shape! We have a beautiful wedding vase! There's so much food in my inventory now I can feed a small invading army! I have a painting and music box gift!

A clump of seaweed in the form of a dolphin glides in from the south.

Nalurei glides over to the wedding party, looking excited.

Misericorde turns to Nalurei and bends at the waist, whispering lowly as she hands something over, "You remember what we spoke of?"

Nalurei nods her head vigorously, inspecting the basket.

Nalurei says, "But I think it will be difficult with flippers..."

Nalurei flashes a dolphin grin.

Strands of seaweed begin to weave together, Nalurei's form shifting and heaving, until she rises in the form of a regal mermaid.

p nalurei
Strands of seaweed entwine to form the shape of a regal mermaid. Nalurei balances gracefully upon a curved tail of woven strands, which rises from the ground to culminate in a striated fin. Bright blue eyes look about with assessing curiosity from a face of carefully crafted elegance. Twining fronds of kelp trail from her head almost to her waist, entwining like abyssal tentacles about her upper arms, and curling over her chest. Her right arm has been woven in such a way as to give the impression of webbed fingers, while the fingers of her left hand oddly appear to have an extra joint, and taper almost to points. A small shell dolphin figurine hangs about her neck.
Nalurei has an air of extreme strength.
She weighs about 206 pounds.
She has a mild weakness to cutting damage.
She has a mild resistance to blunt damage.
She has a moderate resistance to fire damage.
She has a slight weakness to cold damage.
She has a moderate resistance to asphyxiation damage.
She has a mild weakness to poison damage.
She has a slight resistance to psychic damage.
She has a slight weakness to excorable damage.
It has the following aliases: nalurei, kelpie, seaweed.

A touch smugly, Nalurei says, "This will be much better."

A fine sea mist coalesces, hanging in the air as Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves turns Her attention to the First World.

An ocean breeze ushers in a flurry of seafoam, from which rises Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves.

<people bow, curtsey, kneel, and otherwise generally greet Carakhan>

Misericorde leans near Nalurei, whispering quietly, "Just like we spoke of," before turning to Carakhan. "Thank you for attending, Sculptor. It's our honour."

Nalurei offers a deep, low bow to Carakhan, then straightens, and gives Misericorde a small nod.

Misericorde crosses the sand to stand at your side, her free hand entwining with hers.

Niralahi clasps Misericorde's hand closely in hers and takes a few deep breaths before breaking into a bright, nervous smile.

Carakhan inclines Her head in greeting, a fond smile on Her face as She looks over at Her devout from in front of the shrine. "For this time, this is a place of peace, in a basin at war. A place of joy, in a world rent by sorrow. Be welcome, all who would bear witness."

Carakhan raises a golden trident above Her head and whirls it around once, sending drops of seawater flying. Then She thrusts it deep into the ground in one fluid motion.

p trident
Gleaming a sharp gold, this wickedly curved instrument has three barbed trines that betray the lethality of this otherwise ornamental weapon. Both deceptively slight and absurdly elegant to wield, what ought to be a top-heavy spear instead is beheld as an exalted sceptre, radiating the eerie calm of the quiet before a storm. Silvery pearl adorns the flat surface of the blade, curling about an elaborate engraving of waves that rage across the otherwise polished metal; beneath this, brightest coral wreathes about the shaft's apex, centered by a single, breathtaking golden pearl. Wrought from star sapphire, the haft of the trident is striking in its spectrum of crystalline blues, flashing indigo, cerulean, and sea-green as latent energy surges beneath its surface to flare at the Goddess's slightest shift in mood.

Taking this as her signal Nalurei glides forward upon her kelp-woven tail, scattering petals precisely as she moves.

Misericorde squeezes your hand as she exhales deeply. Raising her head proudly she begins to walk at an even pace behind Nalurei.

Niralahi follows behind Nalurei, admiring the fall of the petals as they flutter through the air before coming to rest upon the sand.

Nalurei reaches the trident, and hurriedly scatters the remainder of her petals, tossing some high up in the air to make it seem as though she had planned to have so many left, before gliding off to one side.

Misericorde bites her lower lip to keep from laughing, her eyes bright as she comes to stand before the Goddess.

Tsakali catches a petal in an outstretched paw, drawing it in close to examine it upon their palm.

Niralahi observes the last toss of petals with grave appreciation, evidently admiring Nalurei's technique, before resting her gaze upon the trident.

Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "Children of Light's Resurgence, and her allies, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Niralahi and Misericorde Coldwater."

Carakhan trails Her fingers through the waters of Her sphere, gathering a small handful of seawater. She spins it before, shaping it swiftly into an elegant vase.

Holding the vase out before Her, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "To seek to unite with another is to undertake a great work. Each of you comes here today as individuals, bringing your own strengths, and your own flaws."

Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "Pour now what you have brought, as a sign of your offering of yourselves."

Misericorde places her bouquet on the ground beside her, her hands moving to instead take a crystalline bottle filled with dark sand. With a warm look to you she tips her bottle into a clear vessel, its bottom covering with black granules.

Meeting Misericorde's gaze with an answering smile, Niralahi strides forward toward the vase and presents a small glass bottle filled with shining, silken sand in a rich golden hue. Unstoppering the top of the bottle, she tilts the top of the bottle toward the vase and allows the sunlight-hued grains of sand to pour slowly into the vase on top of the black sand.

Looking down at the layered sands, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "You come as individuals, but your union shall build upon your strengths, shoring up where each of you are flawed. A new creation, greater and more beautiful than what came before."

Carakhan holds the vase forth once more.

Nodding to each other, Niralahi and Misericorde both lift up their hands to jointly raise a small glass bottle containing sands the sea-blue of the ocean's waves toward the lip of the vase.

Misericorde flashes you a rare, warm smile, her amber eyes glimmering brilliantly. Her voice barely above a whisper she confides to her partner, "Look what beauty we have already wrought together?"

The layered sands gleam in the afternoon light, a celebration of unity and the individuals who have sought it.

Reaching down to place the vase upon the coral of the trident, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "May your union be as beautiful and inseparable as this."

Carakhan drops a vase of the Sculptor of Waves.

Swirled ripples course along the height of this translucent vase, subtly magnifying the swirled sand within. Flecks of some crystalline matter caught within the walls catch the light, refracting it within and without to catch the facets of the contents more brilliantly. The invigorating salt scent of the sea wafts from the vase.
It weighs 8 ounce(s).
It has the following aliases: vase.
The vase is filled with fine, sea-blue sand. The individual grains seem to glint with radiant gold or abyssal black, yet meld together in restful oceanic hues.

Straightening anew, and turning her gaze to Niralahi and Misericorde, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "Now grasp the trident, and speak in words that which you have promised to do in sand and wave."

Visibly swallowing, Niralahi reaches the hand not holding the bouquet toward the trident and lays the tips of her fingers upon it, before turning her face toward Misericorde with a solemn expression.

Farvu looks upon you and Misericorde with great affection, her large eyes misty.

"Misericorde." The word emerges from Niralahi's lips like a whispered prayer, soft and reverent, as she gazes into Misericorde's eyes. "From the very beginning I admired you for your mind, ever surging with currents of wit and wisdom; for your heart, ever flowing with tides of courage and generosity; and your soul, ever flourishing like a coral reef that succors, sustains, and inspires all who seek shelter within its vibrant, many-splendoured auspices. To this day, I still adore and admire all these things about you, and many more besides."

Her lips quirking into a crooked smile, Niralahi says to Misericorde, "Between our souls lies all the distance between the ripples stirred up by a breath of wind across the water's surface and the abyssal deeps of the ocean that not even a single ray of light can reach. Yet I trust in our love to bridge that divide and intertwine our disparate souls, now and forever."

Niralahi says to Misericorde, "From this day forward, I pledge to be your friend, your love, and your partner in life. I promise to laugh with you in times of joy and comfort you in times of sorrow, to share in your dreams and support you as you strive to fulfill them, and to cherish and respect you always."

A flash of cerulean light runs along the haft of the trident in response to Niralahi's words.

Misericorde reaches out to touch the trident in turn, her hand overlying your while yet grasping the weapon. She draws a shaking breath, her locking with your as she answers in a wavering voice that grows with each word spoken, "You drew from within me depths I never knew I possessed. Emotions I thought would lie buried since my exit through the Portal."

Misericorde continues with a look of utter adoration, "Your creativity drew me to you at once. Your laughter brought a smile to my lips, despite myself. You are treasure - a pearl - and my love for you has only grown over the years."

Misericorde affirms almost passionately, "I will support you in every endeavor you seek. I will shelter you when troubled waters threaten to drown you. I will buoy your spirit." Her free hand pulling out a small necklace from the folds of her dress, she drapes a pearl strung upon a silver string around your hand, entwining them together. "With my very essence I give you to a pearl, that you may always be reminded of how treasured you truly are."

The pulsing beam from New Celest's lighthouse surges brilliantly, a shining beacon of hope that cuts through the night sky across the entirety of the Basin of Life.

Misericorde removes a filigree black pearl necklace.

Misericorde gives a filigree black pearl necklace to you.

Misericorde lightly squeezes your hand and then looks to Carakhan, her brilliant eyes shimmering.

A flash of deep blue light runs along the shaft of the trident in response to Misericorde's actions.

Niralahi's eyes widen with surprise as she accepts the necklace and hesitantly begins to fasten it around her neck, an odd look of dismay flashing across her face.

Her voice seeming to come in with the waves from all directions surrounding the island, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "May you always inspire each other, that the ripples of your creations may spread. May you always refine each other, that you may polish each other to brilliance. May you turn again and again to each other, in sorrow and in joy, that the depth of your passion may unite you to be a beacon and a shelter to yourselves and all of the Basin."

Nalurei steps forward, drawing forth a woven net of seaweed, and glances over to Farvu, holding one corner out invitingly.

Farvu takes the corner of the net of seaweed and smiles radiantly at Nalurei, joining her as they approach the pair.

Nalurei wraps her side of the net around Misericorde, and moves to cross over with Farvu, so that both you and Misericorde are wrapped in it, the trident and vase still standing between them.

Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "So you have united, so you have pledged. Now you have joined together. May you always choose to continue the work you began this day."

Golden light sparks from the pearl set within the trident, and courses upwards along the haft to where Niralahi and Misericorde's hands join. From there it spreads, lining the whole net envelopping them in a web of brilliance.

It fades at last, the net vanishing with the light, though glimmers and shimmers still dance around the newly wed pair for some time after.

Misericorde gives a soft little gasp, a bright laugh spilling from her lips.

Niralahi lets out an undignified squeal of glee, clapping her hands together.

<fireworks and sky lanterns. so many fireworks and lanterns>

Beach of golden sands.
A small grotto of golden coral protectively guards the tidepool within. Dusan, a coruscant wyvern, lurks in the shadows here. Staring about with eerily attentive eyes, a homunculus resembling a deformed furrikin waits here. A beatific cherub flitters in the air, giggling with delight. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. A polished cherrywood easel has been propped up here to serve the needs of any passing artist. Oceanic hues of blue and green chase each other along the haft of this massive trident, its golden trines thrust into the ground. Nalurei balances upon a curled tail, her upper half that of a merian woman. A slender leothin sits here motionless, brightening its surroundings with its natural golden bio-luminescence. There are 10 plump bumblebee cookies here. A translucent vase stands upon the coral of the golden trident. Wreathed in white and blue lengths of coral, an iridescent pearl lies here. A voidcopper-chapleted hierophant chants quietly here, thick plumes of smoke rising languorously from the strands of resinous incense bundles that sway hypnotically from his wrists. A sea-green kelpie drifts here as though underwater, the air thick with the warm scent of the sea. Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters is here. He wields a coral staff in his left hand. Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves floats here, her lower half submerged within a churning sphere of water. Holy Matron Lorina towers nearby, her form radiating heatless waves of celestial fire. She wields a gleaming symbol of hope in her left hand and a coral staff in her right hand. Chancellor Farvu, the Gentle Wave lingers nearby, the air about her singing with the rush of the ocean. Jarconma is here. Only barely noticeable, silver constellations float about a star-struck explorer, basking them in a faint glow. Master Esei of the Ascending Dusk floats here, suffusing the air with the sickly-sweet scent of blackthorn blossoms. They wield an athame dagger of dusk in their right hand. Exemplar of the Tah'vrai, Gurashi An'Ryshe is riding on Bizirik, the leothin. He wields a wooden lute engraved with spiders in his left hand and a whimsical copper spatula in his right hand.
You see exits leading north, south, and up.

Misericorde laughs once more beneath the glittering light and lanterns, her hands lifting to cup your face a press a soft, tender kiss to her lips. "My beautiful wife," she whispers adoringly.

Earnestly, Chancellor Farvu, the Gentle Wave says, "Congratulations to you both! What a beautiful ceremony."

Steward Tsakali Mes'ard, Pilgrim of Bodhi says, "No greater love is found than two whose Wills are in alignment. Congratulations to the both of you."

Niralahi leans gently into Misericorde's kiss and closes her eyes, her expression blissful. After a moment she pulls back and whispers, "I love you" to Misericorde.

Clasping his hands together, Exemplar of the Tah'vrai, Gurashi An'Ryshe exclaims, "Am so happy for you both!"

Carakhan holds out a hand imperiously towards a golden trident, and it flies to Her grasp, its golden tines gleaming brightly.

Misericorde rests her forehead momentarily against your, her expression radiant before she turns to her guests. "Thank you all for coming," she says to those gathered. She then looks to Carakhan and continues softly, "Thank you, Sculptor."

Whispering, a homunculus resembling a deformed furrikin says, "I want a trident. Tsakali, can I have a trident?"

Steward Tsakali Mes'ard, Pilgrim of Bodhi says to a homunculus resembling a deformed furrikin, "How about no."

A homunculus resembling a deformed furrikin looks resentfully at Tsakali and pouts with a vengeance.

Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says to Misericorde, "It was My pleasure."

Nodding earnestly, Niralahi echoes Misericorde's sentiments with a quiet but happy, "Thank you all. And most of all, thank You, Lady Carakhan, for officiating this ceremony."

In a low whisper, Chancellor Farvu, the Gentle Wave says to Nalurei, "Thank you for including me in the ceremony! It was an honor to assist."

Tridemon looks up at something with his eyes somewhat unfocused, before glancing over at Carakhan. "I assume Vatul has not been misbehaving in Your fulcrux during this time?"

Nalurei beams at Farvu. "I am glad you helped. It would have been tricky with just me".

Niralahi says to Misericorde, "I don't know if this can be considered the equal of the necklace that you presented to me in the middle of the ceremony, but, well, this is for you."

You give a stormy-black mussel ring box rimmed with gold to Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide.

Misericorde gives an ivory clamshell ring box edged with rose gold to you.

Her expression uncertain, Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide says, "We weren't sure how many would attend, but please feel free to help yourself to some refreshments."

Amused, Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says to Tridemon, "She appears interested in a tale, but I do not think it is one she shall learn from the waves."

Farvu's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Misericorde presses a small box into your hands in turn. Warmly, she adds, "And that is for you."

Carakhan picks up a vase of the Sculptor of Waves.

Carakhan gives a vase of the Sculptor of Waves to Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide.

Carakhan, Sculptor of Waves says, "I shall leave you to your celebrations."

Carakhan's sphere splits into two large waves, which rise and crash above the Goddess's head with a thunderous clap. When the water and mist dissipate, She is gone.

Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide says to you, "We'll have to find a special place for this."

Nodding in agreement, Niralahi says to Misericorde, "It is something that we'll have to treasure forever. I'm so happy that She gifted it to us."

Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide says to Nalurei, "And we certainly couldn't have celebrated without you. Thank you for being our best flower girl."

Nalurei beams broadly. "It was fun! I think maybe I should have practiced first, but! Thank you so much for asking me."

Misericorde answers with a wink, "No one knew it was your first time, you did so splendidly."

Niralahi says to Nalurei, "I had no idea it was your first time! I was sure you must have been a veteran of many weddings."

Nalurei exclaims, "Oh good!"

Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide says to Nalurei, "You may keep the basket to practice if you'd like."

Nalurei says to Misericorde, "Oh, thank you! I will do that."

Chancellor Farvu, the Gentle Wave says, "It was an honor to share it with you!"

Nalurei looks around herself and beams at Gurashi. "I'm glad you came! I hope you enjoyed our hospitality, after I enjoyed yours."

Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide exclaims, "There's a small army's worth of food which I hope you'll all take some of!"

Misericorde Coldwater, Deepwater Guide says, "And we certainly couldn't let you all eat without any entertainment, so! Please enjoy the wonderful painting Tridemon has given us for our wedding."

Misericorde proudly shows off a painting of A Joining of Two:
Set upon the Isle of Light within the Inner Sea, this painting's
background and foreground are painted in soft, almost blurry colors to
bring the subjects of the painting into full focus. At the very center
of the painting is a golden trident which has been thrust into the sand
by the second of the painting's subjects, no less than Carakhan the
Sculptor of Waves. The Goddess is reaching out, holding a vase made of
swirling seawater before her in both hands, the opening offered toward
the true subjects of the painting, Misericorde and Niralahi.

Merians both, Misericorde and Niralahi are radiant in their wedding
gowns- their outlines are skillfully brightened by some gold tint that
catches the light. Misericorde is wearing a dramatic ink-black bridal
gown illuminated with light essence, while Niralahi contrasts her with a
much brighter wedding gown of pearlescent lace overlaid with golden
netting. At the moment captured in the painting, both brides are pouring
sand from crystalline bottles into the vase that Carakhan is holding-
Misericorde's sand matches her dress, with deep black granules spilling
down into the vase and covering the bottom, while Niralahi's dress is
matched by her own golden sand tumbling to mingle with the dark within
the seawater vessel, but also layering on top. An almost ghostly overlay
of their hands joined together above the vase pour in a third source of
sand, blue as the sea waves, and layering yet a third color of sand
within the vessel held by the Goddess.

In the sand underneath the both of them are letters picked out in
delicate script of shining gold outlined in abyssal black, which read
"Two lives mingled in new beginnings. What has been joined here, let
nothing tear asunder."

Comments

• A+ wedding <3 Thanks for posting!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• This wedding was so much fun to attend! @Carakhan did a really great job, and @Niralahi and @Misericorde had such beautiful vows. :cry:
  • I thought for sure I raved about how much I loved this ... was glad to be there even if it was just at the end <3 A beautiful event!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’