QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• NochtNocht Glomdoring
    Gurashi said:
    *sobbing irl* so good
    You have emoted: Gurashi lifts his head to watch the passing murder of crows, then off into the woods, as if expecting to see someone. 

The Divine voice of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity echoes in your head, "I do not know what you speak of, little one. I hear because My Eldin is here, before Me. I do not pry, but your voice rings in My mind like the call of the summer insects in love. You do not have to answer. My curiosity is a gift, a Truth. Be at peace." 

You think to yourself: ...at peace... 

You have emoted: Gurashi suddenly looks as though he might cry, though his eyes remain dry.

• Nocht said:

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Nocht said:
    Gurashi said:
    *sobbing irl* so good
    You have emoted: Gurashi lifts his head to watch the passing murder of crows, then off into the woods, as if expecting to see someone. 

The Divine voice of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity echoes in your head, "I do not know what you speak of, little one. I hear because My Eldin is here, before Me. I do not pry, but your voice rings in My mind like the call of the summer insects in love. You do not have to answer. My curiosity is a gift, a Truth. Be at peace." 

You have emoted: Gurashi suddenly looks as though he might cry, though his eyes remain dry.

You know, you can't be shook at everything.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Nocht said:
    Gurashi said:
    *sobbing irl* so good

You know, you can't be shook at everything.
    Are you sure?
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."

• daraius in my headcanon
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2020
    Excuse you, Sylanda can rock ice skates on a summer day at Mount Zoaka if she wants to.

Sylandra steps ever so slightly near the painted dog, her skates making a slight noise as they slide against the mat.
    So subtly you almost don't notice it, Sylandra begins to dig through the platter with a fork, casting the occasional grub to the floor in the dog's immediate line of sight. Without casting the dog so much as a glance, she kicks the grub with her skate so that it lands precisely in front of the painted dog's nose.
    "Ah, I see you've taken a liking to the ice skates," Daraius says, his muzzle wrinkling slightly at the sight of his flooring so abused by blades. "Whereas I threw mine as far as I could."
    A Hallifaxian painted dog observes to grub with rapt fascination, bringing his nose within millimeters of the bug as he settles down to observe it closely.
    Looking slightly startled at the mention of throwing, then relaxing as the context is realized, Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Winter Sonata says, "Ah, yes. Chalk it up to Jadicean fancy."
    A soft smile turning up his lips, you say, "You wear them well, of course, on ice, woven hemp mats, or any other surface."
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Context is important here: I was being fed grub and arugula salads against my will.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Context is important here: I was being fed grub and arugula salads against my will.
    Eww. Arugula, blech.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Winter Sonata says, "I was intrigued by the mystery meals."
    I used to make cakes.

• Tridemon said:
    Sylandra said:
    Eww. Arugula, blech.

arugula is awesome, way better tasting than spinach

edited January 2020
    I used to make cakes.

• The Honking Goose has been destroyed by Nyx Daedema.
    Jolanthe has died in the imploded wreckage of The Honking Goose.
    You see the death occur at HONK!!!. 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2020
    I've been disgruntled for a while, thinking you couldn't use WONDERBRA as short form for WONDERBRAZIER. Well, good thing to note is you can. But the syntax with no args is uh...

Syntax:
    WONDERBRA FORM - Add a crystal to your existing bra
    WONDERBRA SHATTER - Shatter your bra to regain crystals, at the cost of one crystal
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Jolanthe said:
    If I'm going to have a ship, you'd best believe it will be a silly ship.
    You're a treasure - the HONK!!! death was my favorite!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Once in a while, astral insanity actually says something wildly appropriately inappropriate.

15:23:19 Merlose tells you, "Can you forgive your sister?"

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Gurashi ignores you and Esei as they speak, planting his hands on his knees. "Guess what, Friend
    Liar? You are my very first ever one of these." He hesitates. "Are cooties real?" He considers, 
    before leaning down and planting an upside-down kiss upon the Liar's forehead.
  • A few snippets from something in Hallifax today.

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!"

Looking mildly affronted, Comptroller General Jai'rok Eepex says, "No self-respecting Hallifaxian would lose paperwork for fifty-six years."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist says to you, "Chairman, you walk with terrifying efficiency." (Aramel was leading, but I am almost as bad as her)

A city administrator steps backwards, jerks one hand up and holds a finger out imperiously. "Finally!" she snaps. "I told that Captain to take this matter seriously, but did anyone listen to me? No! The city's under threat, who knows how long they've been infiltrating us through our architecture!"

Lady Aramel Shevat says, "Of course. If you find any other errors, please don't hesitate to contact... the Chairwoman."

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• A few snippets from something in Hallifax today.

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!"

Looking mildly affronted, Comptroller General Jai'rok Eepex says, "No self-respecting Hallifaxian would lose paperwork for fifty-six years."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist says to you, "Chairman, you walk with terrifying efficiency." (Aramel was leading, but I am almost as bad as her)

A city administrator steps backwards, jerks one hand up and holds a finger out imperiously. "Finally!" she snaps. "I told that Captain to take this matter seriously, but did anyone listen to me? No! The city's under threat, who knows how long they've been infiltrating us through our architecture!"

Lady Aramel Shevat says, "Of course. If you find any other errors, please don't hesitate to contact... the Chairwoman."

It's hard to pick a favorite line or NPC, but I'm gonna have to go with the conspiracy theorist city administrator.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."