Song for the Liar

edited February 2020 in Event Scrolls

You have emoted: Shulamit sits down near to the Liar, taking out a lyre shaped exactly like them, strumming a soft tune as she seems to be working on a song.

You have emoted: Shulamit glows a soft pale pink colour, working slowly on the song.

Glowing a cheerful pink colour, you say, "A song, that my children loved to hear when they were young, before they left me for their fortunes. Some returned. Some did not."

You have emoted: Shulamit glows a muted silvery colour before brightening up.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Humming a soft tune, one hand on her lyre, you say, "You are not a teddy bear. But it is a comforting tune."

You have emoted: Shulamit strums briefly on the Liar shaped lyre she holds in both hands, the music reverberating around the room. She continues to strum, getting the tune to be just right without being too loud for the size of the room they are in.

Glowing a cheerful pink colour, you sing, "If you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise."

Continuing to strum her lyre, you sing, "If you go down to the woods today, you'd better go in disguise!"

You have emoted: Shulamit pantomimes wearing an costume, wiggling her feet that are clad in massively fluffy boots, identical to the ones the Liar is wearing.

Glowing a cheerful yellow colour, you sing, "For every bear that ever there was, will gather there for certain because."

You have emoted: Shulamit takes a deep breathe.

Strumming furiously on a lyre, but still not too loudly, you sing, "Today's the day the teddy bears have their piiiiicnic."

You have emoted: Shulamit slows the song down, plucking at the lyre, causing a more jaunty tune.

Glowing in tune with her words, you sing, "Picnic time for teddy bears! The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today!"

Voice full of cheer, you sing, "Watch them, catch them unawares! And see them picnic on their holiday!"

You have emoted: Shulamit gives a furtive glance around, as though trying to catch sight of a teddy bear picnicking, glowing a mild shade of blue when she fails to find one. She gives a soft gasp upon catching sight of the Liar though, glowing a cheerful shade of pink once more.

Strumming softly, you sing, "See them gaily gad about, they love to play and shout, they never have any cares!"

Plucking cheerfully on the lyre, you sing, "At six o'clock their mommies and daddies will take them home to bed, because they're tired little teddy bears."

You have emoted: Shulamit lets one hand wander over to the Liar, pulling a blanket around them carefully. She turns back towards the lyre, carefully resuming the song.

Eyes soft and warm, you sing, "Every teddy bear who's been good is sure of a treat today, there's marvellous things to eat, and wonderful games to play!"

You have emoted: Shulamit weaves a brief illusion of a delicious looking cupcake, sound waves reverberating through it, turning it into mist.

Wrapping up the song while glowing cheerfully pink, you sing, "Picnic time for teddy bears, the little teddy bears are having a lovely time today! And all their friends are there!"

You have emoted: Shulamit seems to falter for a moment before strumming a single soft chord, letting it hang in the air.

Glowing a soothing ivory colour, you say, "I'll be right here if you need me, dear. Or need a drink while you sleep. If you wake up in the middle of sleeping, I mean."

You have emoted: Shulamit quietly strums the lyre again, creating a soothing sound as she keeps a calm eye on the Liar.

It's Teddy Bear picnic. Because I am...really bad at writing my own songs.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• try not to cry
    roll over
    cry a lot

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’