2»

Comments

• Willow Tree

You and me hanging from the willow tree
    Quietly drifting in the open breeze
    Suddenly the wind blows you away from me
    Now I see we were never meant to be.

pronouns: they/them
  • I have been bullied into doing this, but I enjoyed every second of it. Rather than going through the chaotic blend of Mysrai's mind, I decided to post the Best Bear Aschwar's playlist. This may grow as I find more that are appropriate.

"Don't you want your sister to be safe? I'll send gifts to the Palace." ("Drift Away", Steven Universe)
    "Bring Me the boy with gold and black fur. He's My favourite." ("Brick By Boring Brick", Paramore)
    "The riot won't last much longer. You have to run, boy, and run now." ("Pompeii", Bastille)
    "I stepped through the Veil, into a desert of pink sand." ("Paradise", Coldplay)
    "Drink, My Liar. Drink, and sleep, until you are ready to wake." ("Goodnight My Angel", Celtic Woman)
    "Where would you like to go, My Liar?" 'Anywhere is fine, so long as I'm with You.' ("Somewhere Only We Know", Lily Allen)
    "Excuse me, missus thief. Have you seen Akuuko? I haven't seen him in a while." ("Somebody That I Used to Know", Gotye)
    "Where is the Shofet? Have you seen Them?" ("On My Own", Rosalind James)
    "???????????????" ("I Will Always Love You", Dolly Parton)

Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • "Excuse me, missus thief. Have you seen Akuuko? I haven't seen him in a while."
    First of all how dare you.
    Second thanks for participating! <3 And for everyone who has participated. Imma go listen to these now.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• There are definitely some songs on other people's playlists that made it into my regular listening. Thanks people.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I'm necroing this song to post an updated theme song for Uzriel.

Just change the title/profession to (Geo)Chemist.
  • Esei's playlist has been updated with a few songs (also sorry there's some swearing):

MISSIO - Twisted: I'm uncontrollable, emotional, chaotically proportional / I'm visceral, reloadable / I'm crazy, I'm crazy, I'm crazy, I'm crazy / Everybody in the world knows I'm a little twisted, twisted

IC3PEAK - Грустная Сука (Sad Bitch) (English translation): Yes, that's a choice I made / I never sharpened my teeth / I was born with these fangs 

Call Me Karizma - Monster (Under My Bed): Monster, monster, under my bed / Come out to play cause I need a friend / You're so damn close I feel your breath / You're the only one I have left...

Zero - Leave The Light On: Made comfortable to put my blood / Sweat and tears to both of us / Give my veins another rush / Every time the work is f*cking done

Oh Wonder - My Friends: I lost my only space / To empty stares / Oh how the light would change / Like I was never there

Lewis Blissett - Sick Thoughts: Wanna know what's makin' you numb / Beautiful when the damage is done / You know me, I won't budge / I'm about to start taking what's mine

Ellise - Lillith: But when she smiles, all her teeth are made of razors / She doesn't care about your words / Or how you'll save her / Where she comes from, there's no saviors

Sub Urban - Cradles (BATCH Remix): My world's so bright / It's hard to breathe but that's alright / Hush

IC3PEAK - Смерти Больше Нет (Death No More) (English translation): Nothing awaits me ahead / But I’m waiting for you, one day you’ll find me / With gold chains on my neck, I’m sinking in this swamp / My blood is purer than the purest drugs

AG & Brad Gordon - Terrible Thing: Oh honey you're so cold / I lose myself self-control / Oh you, you terrible thing, you / Terrible thing, you (x2) / Beautiful thing, you (x4)

Sickick - Mind Games: There's another side that you don't know, you don't know / I can't wait to get you all alone, all alone / Once I'm in there ain't no letting go, letting go / Watch me turn your mind into my home

Unlike Pluto - Everything Black ft. Mike Taylor (Dew Remix): Shadows fall over my heart / I blackout the moon / I wait for you to come around / You got me dancing in the dark

• Had discussions with Ciuvi and Kistan recently about songs that define our characters. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2g5AcA4aU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef6cE5czH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45mviDrJhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXC80ZXQhvQ&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ux-amcsKk

These are the ones I keep finding myself listening to when playing Yinuish. 
  • edited July 2020
    Gurashi has had many things happen in they life lately. Some new music to reflect that :> ! [edit: forgot one in my rush to get to work ><]

noah kahan - Passenger
    "Tell me it won't hurt
    Now I-I'm your passenger
    The old me won't work
    Now I-I'm your passenger"

matthew mole - Run
    "So be mine,
    never think twice,
    you'll never be alone,
    alone, alone, alone, alone, alone, alone, alone"

tom walker - How Can You Sleep At Night?
    "So I keep on asking
    Though I'm getting nothing
    And darling, I've made my mistakes
    And I'm begging to pay but you're not listening
    I know you're not listening"

paramore - Last Hope 
    "Every night I try my best to dream tomorrow makes it better
    And wake up to the cold reality and not a thing is changed
    But it would be happen, gonna let it happen
    Gonna let it happen, gonna let it happen"

dodie - Ready Now 
    "you said i will listen, tell it all
    when you're finished we'll talk more 
    but i didn't know how so we took it in turns
    to my surprise we found my words"
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Context is a lot of effort.

Under Your Scars - Godsmack - yes, I stole this for my bardsong.
    The Light - Disturbed 
    Time is Running Out - Muse - this is for Alex's bad/angry days, which are few and far between
    Fully Alive - Flyleaf
    Aerials - System of a Down

There are so many more I could add, but I am definitely going to stop for now and just listen to more music.

Edit: Late addition: Teardrop - Massive Attack
    Edit2: Also Praise You - Fatboy Slim

Have added a few more to Allie's playlist over time. Have some small context:

Black Honey - Thrice
    And this time, I'll get it right
    This time, I'll get it right
    It's gonna be this time
    I'm gon' get it right
    God, let it be this time
    I get it right

Death Stranding - Chvrches
    What will become of us all if we dare to dream
    At the end of the scene?
    You can take my heart
    And hold it together as we fall apart
    Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars, we embark
    And keep us together as the lights go dark

Monsters - Shinedown
    Leave your weapon on the table
    Wrapped in burlap, barely able
    Call a doctor, say a prayer
    Choose a god you think is there

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• In the timeline within which Jolanthe had never left Gaudiguch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFkQnJxjbQI  

• Lantra said:
    Lantra said:
    Without context, here is a glimpse into my little Lantra playlist:
    • Lost in Thoughts All Alone - "You are the ocean's gray waves / destined to seek life beyond the shore / just out of reach. / Yet the waters ever change, / flowing like time. / The path is yours to climb."
    • Boats & Birds - "If you'll be my star / I'll be your sky. / You can hide underneath me / and come out at night. / When I turn jet black / and you show off your light / I live to let you shine."
    • Dearly Beloved -"One day you will realize / the stars you are chasing / shine bright deep inside you. / But will you ever let it shine from within, / and cast all of your fears aside? / You'll see the light, but until that day comes..."
    • All the King's Horses - "Run with my hands on my eyes. / Blind, but I'm still alive. / Free to go back on my own, / but is it still a home / when you're all alone? / All the king's horses and all the king's men, / couldn't put me back together again."
    • The Mother We Share - "I'm in misery, but you can't see, as old as your omens. / And the mother we share will never keep your proud head from falling. / The way is long, but you can make it easy on me. / And the mother we share will never keep our cold hearts from calling."
    • Two Birds - "Two birds on a wire / One tries to fly away / And the other watches him close from that wire / He says he wants to as well / But he is a liar."
    A few more songs to add to Lantra's playlist:
    • I Hold You - "Rest now, my love / It's all right / The dark is gone / I'm here / I hold you / (I hold you)"
    • Carry You - "Is anybody out there? / Can you lead me to the light / Is anybody out there? / Tell me it'll all be alright / You are not alone / I've been here the whole time singing you a song / I will carry you, I will carry you."
    • Running Up That Hill - "And if I only could / I'd make a deal with God / And I'd get him to swap our places / Be running up that road / Be running up that hill."
    • A Funeral of Flowers (Instrumental)
    I recently added a few Placebo songs back to my regular playlists because I remembered them again, and this was one of them. Top choice. <3 

• Lantra said:
    Lantra said:
    • Lost in Thoughts All Alone - "You are the ocean's gray waves / destined to seek life beyond the shore / just out of reach. / Yet the waters ever change, / flowing like time. / The path is yours to climb."
    • Boats & Birds - "If you'll be my star / I'll be your sky. / You can hide underneath me / and come out at night. / When I turn jet black / and you show off your light / I live to let you shine."
    • Dearly Beloved -"One day you will realize / the stars you are chasing / shine bright deep inside you. / But will you ever let it shine from within, / and cast all of your fears aside? / You'll see the light, but until that day comes..."
    • All the King's Horses - "Run with my hands on my eyes. / Blind, but I'm still alive. / Free to go back on my own, / but is it still a home / when you're all alone? / All the king's horses and all the king's men, / couldn't put me back together again."
    • The Mother We Share - "I'm in misery, but you can't see, as old as your omens. / And the mother we share will never keep your proud head from falling. / The way is long, but you can make it easy on me. / And the mother we share will never keep our cold hearts from calling."
    • Two Birds - "Two birds on a wire / One tries to fly away / And the other watches him close from that wire / He says he wants to as well / But he is a liar."
    • I Hold You - "Rest now, my love / It's all right / The dark is gone / I'm here / I hold you / (I hold you)"
    • Carry You - "Is anybody out there? / Can you lead me to the light / Is anybody out there? / Tell me it'll all be alright / You are not alone / I've been here the whole time singing you a song / I will carry you, I will carry you."
    • Running Up That Hill - "And if I only could / I'd make a deal with God / And I'd get him to swap our places / Be running up that road / Be running up that hill."
    I recently added a few Placebo songs back to my regular playlists because I remembered them again, and this was one of them. Top choice. <3 
    Have you heard the Within Temptation version of Running up that Hill? It is another excellent version, though as you might expect quite different to the Placebo cover.
  • Faelorna said:
    Lantra said:
    Lantra said:
    Have you heard the Within Temptation version of Running up that Hill? It is another excellent version, though as you might expect quite different to the Placebo cover.
    I love WT too, so I expect I'll have to give it a listen tonight!

• It's been a while since this was updated, but Gurashi's musical journey is updated in a Spotify Friendly Way. Thanks for tuning in ;v; ! Hopefully the flow is sensical and a good listen.  

• edited June 2021
    I'm a sucker for these! The spotify playlist has a bunch more that are more feel and atmosphere (lots of angry heavenly chorus type songs!) so I'll leave it here if people are curious. :)

Fellow armsmen, I ask you, "Will you follow me tonight to break their spine /Never shall I tolerate their crimes again
    Seven thousands souls, scared and daunted, such a tale of woe/Not too long ago, this village was a golden scene of hope
    Call down the reckoning/To bring back hope and peace; restore our gloria
    Bring down the dark regime
    "Should my campaign come to an end?"/There's way more to avenge

Let me rise to stand here beside your form/ As your right Hand here within the storm
    Let me feel your light/Let me speak your name/Let this righteous song Thunder to proclaim
    Lift me to your lips/ Let me be your voice /Here on holy ground /Let me rise to stand
    Bless me with your kiss /As your right Hand clenched into a fist

God's Gonna Cut You Down (Cantus ver.) - I'll transcribe the lyrics later, but it is VERY Avaris.)

My heart is strong,
    my faith goes on
    But if my world is threatened I'll fight the fight,
    they'll pay the price
    Their blood will flow with vengeance!
    The dogs of war will rip apart hostility unbounded

Crushed! To the point of no return
    Beg for mercy, scum of Satan
    Lucifer's a corpse in waiting!

A wake of devastation will not be tolerated
    A threat without foundation will be eradicated
    Defend our own existence from evil's pure persistence
    And if our spirits falter we face the devils alter
    Gods of darkness, heed my words of warning
    When the worlds collide and skies fall down
    In a pit of hell, we'll be
    In Damnation, crucified and tortured
    Our spirits guide us through the fear to our immortality

I will end your suffering and let the healing light come in
    Brace yourself for all will pay
    Help is on the way
    I will cover you when the sky comes crashing in

Stand by Me (Specifcally this lovely duet version) -
    No, I won't be afraid /Just as long, just as long /Just as long as you stand by me
    If the sky we look upon now, now /Should tumble and fall
    All of the mountains may crumble /May crumble to the sea
    I won't cry, I won't cry /No no no no no, I won't shed no tears
    Just as long, just as long /Just as long as you stand by me

Follow You -
    I want to put you into the spotlight /If the world would only know what you've been holding back
    I will follow you way down wherever you may go /I'll follow you way down to your deepest low
    I'll always be around wherever life takes you
    You know I'll follow you/I wanna take you into the sunlight/You're not the type to give herself enough love
    She lives her life, hand in a tight glove
    I wish that I could fix it, I could fix it for you /But instead I'll be right here comin' through

Manuela - Very much reminds me of Lantra, in a lot of ways. Lovely song, definitely worth listening to.

The Sacred Land of the Kais - I listen to this a lot when I'm in Lantra's realm, I think it really fits the tranquility and mystical feel the area has.
  • Esei said:
    Esei's playlist has been updated with a few songs (also sorry there's some swearing):

MISSIO - Twisted: I'm uncontrollable, emotional, chaotically proportional / I'm visceral, reloadable / I'm crazy, I'm crazy, I'm crazy, I'm crazy / Everybody in the world knows I'm a little twisted, twisted

IC3PEAK - Грустная Сука (Sad Bitch) (English translation): Yes, that's a choice I made / I never sharpened my teeth / I was born with these fangs 

Call Me Karizma - Monster (Under My Bed): Monster, monster, under my bed / Come out to play cause I need a friend / You're so damn close I feel your breath / You're the only one I have left...

Zero - Leave The Light On: Made comfortable to put my blood / Sweat and tears to both of us / Give my veins another rush / Every time the work is f*cking done

Oh Wonder - My Friends: I lost my only space / To empty stares / Oh how the light would change / Like I was never there

Lewis Blissett - Sick Thoughts: Wanna know what's makin' you numb / Beautiful when the damage is done / You know me, I won't budge / I'm about to start taking what's mine

Ellise - Lillith: But when she smiles, all her teeth are made of razors / She doesn't care about your words / Or how you'll save her / Where she comes from, there's no saviors

Sub Urban - Cradles (BATCH Remix): My world's so bright / It's hard to breathe but that's alright / Hush

IC3PEAK - Смерти Больше Нет (Death No More) (English translation): Nothing awaits me ahead / But I’m waiting for you, one day you’ll find me / With gold chains on my neck, I’m sinking in this swamp / My blood is purer than the purest drugs

AG & Brad Gordon - Terrible Thing: Oh honey you're so cold / I lose myself self-control / Oh you, you terrible thing, you / Terrible thing, you (x2) / Beautiful thing, you (x4)

Sickick - Mind Games: There's another side that you don't know, you don't know / I can't wait to get you all alone, all alone / Once I'm in there ain't no letting go, letting go / Watch me turn your mind into my home

Unlike Pluto - Everything Black ft. Mike Taylor (Dew Remix): Shadows fall over my heart / I blackout the moon / I wait for you to come around / You got me dancing in the dark

So it's been a while since I've posted in here, but I've updated my playlist somewhat!

Billie Eilish - My Strange Addiction: Bad, bad news / One of us is gonna lose / I'm the powder, you’re the fuse / Just add some friction
    5SOS - Teeth: Fight so dirty but your love so sweet / Talk so pretty but your heart got teeth
    Silent Child - F**k You: Am I wasting my breath on you? / Feels like my words are never getting through
    Tate Mcrae - Vicious: Baby it stung, now it’s sweet / Watching you beg on your knees, oh my-y-y
    Royal & The Serpent - Overwhelmed: I should be fine, but I'm not
    Adam Jensen - I Can Hold A Grudge Like Nobody's Business: Tangled in the words that I cannot say / Living just to say goodbye / Save me from myself, this ride / Can you see the words written on my face?
    LAYTO - Little Poor Me: I can sense you're trembling inside / (Oh, that spiteful face) / Certain things you just can never buy / (Things you'll always chase)
    Ashley Serena - Lullaby of Woe: Wolves asleep amidst the trees / Bats all are swaying in the breeze / But one soul lies anxious wide awake / Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
    MILCK - Devil, Devil: How quickly they do sell their souls / For the feast and the promise of gold / But devil, that won't be me
    UNDREAM - Freak: Please, don't hide your imperfections nature / Took two tries to make the man in white / No, I don't mind, you are a beauty
    Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: I'm not your friend, or anything, damn / You think that you're the man / I think, therefore, I am
    Henri Werner - Imposter: You don't scare me / But you should fear me / The sun is setting / Don't trust your hearing
    Billie Eilish - Copycat: I'm so sorry, now you know / Sorry I'm the one that told you so / Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry / ... Psych!
    Stella Jang - Villain (dongdang cover): We all pretend to be the heroes on the good side / But what if we’re the villains on the other?
    Royal & The Serpent - Underneath the Mask (I do really like this WHOLE song, it was hard to pick just one line): Silently, I'm waiting / Underneath the stars.
    Scissor Sisters - I Can't Decide: Oh, I could throw you in the lake / Or feed you poisoned birthday cake / I won't deny I'm gonna miss you when you're gone / Oh, I could bury you alive / But you might crawl out with a knife / And kill me when I'm sleeping
    Besomorph - Sweet Dreams: Some of them want to use you / Some of them want to get used by you / Some of them want to abuse you / Some of them want to be abused
    Glass Animals - Heat Waves: I don't wanna be alone / You know it hurts me too / You look so broken when you cry / One more and then I'll say goodbye.

• ...This thread is addicting. More for Lantra's playlist:
    • Recover - "Is there a light at the end? / A place where we start again / Where there's a hunger within / These wounded hearts can mend."
    • Breathe - "I hear the sound / Echoes beneath / Angels and skylines meet / And I'm straining to reach / The light on the surface / Light on the other side."
    • The Other Side - "Is it fair, or is it fate? / No one knows / The stars choose their lovers, save my soul / It hurts just the same."
    • Remembrance - "Sure as stone on mountaintop / True as bird in sky / You're the needle pointing North / When I'm lost in the fight."
    • Without You - "You don't have to be the brave one every time / (I know you wanna make it right, you wanna make) / It's a lie for a lie and I'm getting tired on the other side / On the other side."
    • Gloria Regali - "Peace be with you, soul divine / Wake again in paradise / Crowned in glory, fear no more / Winter's misery or the coming war."
    • Desolation (Instrumental)
    • The Passive Resistance (Instrumental)
    Avatar by Sam Smith. You can follow her on Twitter here.
  • Adding to Xiran's playlist:

Thanks to Evette for the last one.

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Another Phildel fan!

My Lisaera playlist has kind of two faces - half has lyrics that fit different scenarios in her history or values she holds onto, and the other half is instrumental music to vibe to. Here is a sampling!

The Wolf (Phildel) - "The wishes I've made are too vicious to tell..."
    Elsa's Song (The Amazing Devil) - "And you say the words so often that I barely know the meaning..."
    ACT II: Invocation (Dead Can Dance) - instrumental (+ vocalizations? or lyrics from a language a quick google won't share with me?)
    Winter Rhymes (Hexperos) - instrumental
    Quiet Moon (Colossal Trailer Music) - vocalizations that (very) vaguely remind me of fae