Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• edited February 2020
    I nearly scared myself silly at 1am working on an Order thing where I had replayed something IC that came up in Czixi's signature colours.

I literally forgot in about two minutes that I'd made it appear again and thought for a minute She'd appeared to terrify me while I was sleepy and only half-paying attention. :D 

Edit: And then again when I got done posting this. I think it's a sign I need to sleep, hahaha.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Today's Wheel prizes for:

Shaddus: low cost rune.
    Alt1: 1500 goop
    Alt2: buff
    Alt I rarely ever play and just thought I'd check in on: 400 credit artifact.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Me, trying to solve Gaudiguch-related clues:

Um, ok, skip skip skip skip...
    WAIT I KNOW THIS ONE! Someone once told me a thing about it!
    ...still no idea where the room would be.

*sigh*
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • You got some though! Nature clues are hard even when you know the area.
  • Dys said:
    You got some though! Nature clues are hard even when you know the area.
    Eight of them, with some help from @Alexandria, @Nelras, and @Mboagn. And honestly I was expecting to do much worse, Nature is one I usually skip anyway. It was fun, and I learned stuff.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I am missing most of the Refounding stuff because #school so I am living vicariously through everyone else. :3:3:3
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Life is so hard without the old forums. I found the thread I was looking for but it's sadly not archived by the wayback machine. Sigh.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Aonia said:
    Incase you haven't already seen elsewhere - in addition to the other events that have happened during the week, this weekend we are running:

- A Great Hunt that starts at tonight's weave (00:00 GMT Saturday) and ends on Sunday's weave (00:00 GMT Monday).
    - Death, Harmony and Chaos challenges during the weekend with prizes of 200 credits for 1st, 100 for 2nd and 50 for 3rd. Yes, that's a Death challenge during a Great Hunt!
    - Other surprises during the weekend and beyond!

We'll be continuing to offer distractions for all of Lusternia's community, both player and admin, throughout the coming weeks. Just because we have to physically distance, does not mean we have to be socially isolated. <3
    While all these things are awesome, I would absolutely settle for the occasional random npc popping in to say hi without the need for big events and competitions! More rp!
  • The greathunt thoroughly destroyed my sleep schedule because of how competitive it was day one but I had a lot of fun. Thank you admins, we love you.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aonia said:
    Sapphira said:
    While all these things are awesome, I would absolutely settle for the occasional random npc popping in to say hi without the need for big events and competitions! More rp!
    This is definitely something we're trying to do as and when we're able, and has already happened in some places!

For larger scale RP events, we had a brand new quest release yesterday, and I hear there's something going on this coming weekend too! I'm sure it won't be anything too bad.  o:)
    Mob shouts can only be heard on Prime.  I only knew an event was happening because Esei commented on it.
    Please consider ways of making it more obvious when something is occurring, I feel like someone put a lot of effort into that little thing and it would have been nice to have a few more people come over just to see it!
  • Mobs do have the capacity to be heard off Prime, but sometimes we deliberately choose not to use that option (or just plain forget to). We are aware of what people can and can't hear and do try to take this into consideration as much as possible.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aonia said:
    Mobs do have the capacity to be heard off Prime, but sometimes we deliberately choose not to use that option (or just plain forget to). We are aware of what people can and can't hear and do try to take this into consideration as much as possible.
    Can you change the default for worldmotes and shouts to be "everywhere" so if it is "just plain forgotten" it leans towards inclusive?  Leave the option to restrict it but make that something that has to be specifically selected.
    Aonia said:I'm sure it won't be anything too bad.  o:) 
    Why do I have this sense of upcoming danger now :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I believe that's your survival instinct kicking in.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Great mini-quest, btw. Somewhat murky with the direction, but anyone with a few quests under their belt can decipher the guiding lines well enough. Repetitive turn in portion has some variation as you turn in, complete with pretty colours. Great lore revelation. The only critique I have is dialogue speed - I am a slow reader and kept feeling like everything was rushing along way ahead of me. But I'm probably way over on the slower side of the spectrum so eh.
  • Aonia said:
    Sapphira said:
    This is definitely something we're trying to do as and when we're able, and has already happened in some places!

For larger scale RP events, we had a brand new quest release yesterday, and I hear there's something going on this coming weekend too! I'm sure it won't be anything too bad.  o:)
    Good, my heart can't take anything else right now. I'm going to have a heart attack at the ripe old age of 34 from all of the everything. :D I trust you completely and definitely would never expect you to encourage anything nefarious that might make me have to write novel-length emotes.

Yep.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• >--------------------------[ Changelog Entry #2044 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly                   Date: 2020-03-27 22:54:49

o Envoys will no longer be able to see Ianir or Iosai while they are
       invisible to mortals.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

This is quite possibly the biggest nerf in the history of nerfs.

• All the events keep happening while I'm still asleep :(
  • Vague events post is vague.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • DysDys
    edited March 2020
    First part of the Gaudi side in glorious detail is in the events section!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I'll mention this here as well -- it's interesting to consider the fact that different parts of Lusternia's playerbase likely reads the game's text in their native accent, in their mental voice. That your character might sound British or North American, maybe Southern (USA-wise), or with a number of other accents, depending on who's reading what they say.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Too many chefs, not enough cooks.
  • edited April 2020
    Rancoura said:
    I'll mention this here as well -- it's interesting to consider the fact that different parts of Lusternia's playerbase likely reads the game's text in their native accent, in their mental voice. That your character might sound British or North American, maybe Southern (USA-wise), or with a number of other accents, depending on who's reading what they say.
    I'm from the Midwest so I have a 'midland' accent, which is literally 0 accent. And I don't think I could pull it off but if I could give Gurashi that endearing South African accent where it's kind of an accent, but not enough to need to edit words or such the like ahhhh (like this fellow!) I love reading all the different accents people select for their character, and the way some people roleplay said accents in a consistent or accurate way always impresses me <3 Accents good. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’