Smiting is Hungry Work

First Mysrai has to smite Xis, then Coraline, and probably others Shulamit hasn't noticed, so brought Mysrai a unique platter, cause it would be very hungry work, right? And a unique platter should be very filling! Shulamit smashed many corn dogs together to make it...unique...

- - -

Caressing a shifting voidcopper idol of the Thousandfold gently in your hands, you focus your thoughts on Mysrai, seeking out Their Master Shrine and fulcrux.

<teleport in>

You curtsey gracefully.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Yes, I am inside. Yes?"

You have emoted: Shulamit looks around, confused.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Yes. It always does that. Brings you directly."

You ponder a shifting voidcopper idol of the Thousandfold thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You nod your head sagely.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I bring a gift for You, oh Shofet!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Since You might be very hungry, with the smiting, and other smitings, and different odder smitings that might be smitings."

Veils of reality shift as an echoing voice intones, "As wonderful as always, My Beacon?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh, yes. I've been busy trying to gain the esteem I promised you, the one million!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "And designing. And learning trading! Ah, see!"

You have emoted: Shulamit holds up a very heavy looking platter of corn dogs.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I smushed them together until only the strongest corn dogs remained."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It is...unique."

You think to yourself: I think people would call it a unique platter now.

Veils of reality shift as an echoing voice intones, "Each step you take pleases Me, My Beacon, as you share your Will with the Basin. Such lofty goals, and you never cease to attempt to overcome yourself."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "My first trade was for Gioia, to make sure it was very unique."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "So I bring You an even better one."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! Well, yesterday me was less than today and tomorrow should be better, and shinier, and always making or designing or...hugging more!"

You think to yourself: Those words were likely worded better elsewhere.

A hint of amusement, distant and echoing.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I will leave the platter here for You, then! And work more on designs! Since I've realized there's very few coin pouches."

You ponder a coin pouch of crystal blue silk thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "We need more."

You nod your head sagely at a platter of fresh fried corn dogs.

The petals swirling above the shrine shiver in ecstasy as a voice echoes, "Will this please you, should I accept your platter?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It would please me to see You happy, and I think You are...amused right now! And that also makes me happy."

You think to yourself: I am happy when designing, or hugging people, or being pat on the head. Sometimes all of them. More as well.

You think to yourself: I think I am unhappy when Lady Viravain threw me off Mt. Avechna one time. But I am currently inside the mountain. I am safe.

You think to yourself: Is anywhere safe.

You peer around yourself unscrupulously, glowing a suspicious shade of slate grey.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh!"

The petals swirling above the shrine shiver in ecstasy as a voice echoes, "My sweet, sweet Shulamit. What My moods may tell is not due to your offering, but due to the one who makes them to Me."

Blushing this time, you say, "Oh!"

Glowing brightly pink, you say, "I'm glad me myself makes You Yourself happy then! That makes me very very very happy!"

You have emoted: Shulamit shuffles from foot to foot, almost tap dancing with happiness.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "But...does that mean You want it, or just the idea of it?"

You erratically pulsate in hues of ruby, emerald and sapphire as confusion washes over you.

You ponder a platter of fresh fried corn dogs thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You think to yourself: It's a strong platter. It was designed for a festival! A long time ago though.

Black sand swirls around your head, lingering against your cheek as though caressed by a soft, furred hand. "Just the idea is enough for Me, My Beloved. I trust this would serve someone who cares more for your creations, until such time as I am Urchin again."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! Oh! Okies! I will work on things then, when You may devour them then! Yes yes."

Joy suddenly washes over you in waves, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Thank You! Be well! Feel...better soon? Ah! Happy...smitings?"

You have emoted: Shulamit seems at a loss for how to end the conversation.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You think to yourself: Oh!

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Right!"

You curtsey gracefully before the master shrine of Mysrai.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I love You, Amen!"

Veils of reality shift as an echoing voice intones, "Continue to shine, My Beloved Shulamit."

You think to yourself: There yes yes.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I will do my best, yes yes yes!"

You think to yourself: Idol can only bring me inside. And teleporting to outside is rude. Ah!

With a whisper of energies and a glimpse of changing paradigms, the veil parts, allowing you passage beyond.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• edited April 2020

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • God she is so good. 

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I smushed them together until only the strongest corn dogs remained."

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Smashing food together until the strongest wins is the only way to eat food! Violently and with a lot of force!
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.