Summoning a Shiny (Literally)

We had a "group activity" in the Order the other day, which turned out to be a summoning ritual that used High Magic. I couldn't log the actual ritual itself, because I forgot about logging  it took a lot of trial and error to get it right, but I managed to log what happened after the ritual was complete! (I sadly couldn't capture it in colour)

Huge raves to @Vexacion and @Raezon for being awesome peoples! Also we have a new Order NPC now, yay!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You ask, "Okay, ready?"

Vexacion nods her head emphatically.

You chant, "Yneli ylinrih ilo tiriel."

As the incantation ends, the five glyphs begin to shine a gentle glow, a massive field of incandescent energy growing around the circle.

You cheer wildly!

The field of energy grows further and further above the circle, energy arcing from wall to wall wildly.

A hazy corona of deep golden light becomes visible in the centre of the circle, its disc-like form dancing around in a wavy manner.

Vexacion's dark eyes illuminate with winking stars as she watches the center of the circle, intrigued.

You whisper to Vexacion, "I hope it's fluffy and cute..."

The corona quickly begins to take up a dark interior - deep purples, brillant shades of royal blue and cerulean. Within the darkness, scintillating silvery motes can be seen blinking in and out of existence.

The field of energy suddenly dies down, the glyphs upon the circle burning away to nothingness. All that remains is that hazy corona with the dark interior floating in the middle of the circle.

Wreathed in a vibrant orange corona, this swirling disc of gas floats nebulously in the air here. The inner mass of the disc gradates from the outer orange to scintillating cerulean to a deep purple in the center, each gradation more saturated than the next. Occasional motes of white light pop in and out of existence throughout the odd creature's form.
A nebulous crepuscule has an air of extreme strength.
She is strangely weightless.
You cannot see what a nebulous crepuscule is holding.
It has the following aliases: crepuscule.

Clapping, Finrik Lerit'r says, "Excellent work."

You beam broadly.

"...what is it?" Vexacion wonders.

You say, "It's... well, -she- is pretty...."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of a nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "Why am I here?"

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of a nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I will ask again. Why am I here?"

Smiling warmly, you say, "Hello! Sorry for waking you, I'm Coraline, this is Vexacion and that is Finrik. What's your name?"

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of a nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "What is a name?"

"A word that uniquely identifies most individuals," Vexacion explains.

Taken aback slightly, you say, "Well...uhh... a name is something we can call you by!"

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of a nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I see. What is my name?"

You cannot help but notice that Vexacion's complexion is a testament to the power of undeath, flawless and perfectly preserved.

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to a nebulous crepuscule, "...we're unsure."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of a nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "Unfortunate. Is it imperative to have a name?"

You say, "If you don't have one... maybe we can call you Shiny.. because...well, you're very shiny..."

"No. I suppose your kind do not require them. You may simply know each other apart," Vexacion offers a nebulous crepuscule.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of a nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "My name is Shiny then?"

Adding, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says, "Or, as Coraline says, you could be named."

You nod your head enthusiastically.

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to a nebulous crepuscule, "Well. Welcome to the Basin, Shiny."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "What is the Basin?"

You ask, "It is... here, where you are. What's the place you're from?"

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I do not know. Having a concept of where is disorienting."

You have emoted: Coraline nods sympathetically. "I think I understand... hopefully you'll feel less disoriented soon.."

"It may be they simply don't possess concepts of spatial recognition," Vexacion admits to you quietly.

Curiously, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith asks, "Finrik said she's from the sky. Is she a cloud?"

Finrik Lerit'r says, "She is not."

You have emoted: Coraline considers the point thoughtfully, then her eyes suddenly light up. "Oh oh! Can you grant...wishes?"

Finrik Lerit'r says, "She is a living manifestation of dusk."

Pondering Shiny, you say, "Oh..."

"...interesting. Is she associated with the Silent Lord, then?" Vexacion wonders to Finrik Lerit'r.

Finrik Lerit'r says, "More than one God can be associated with a concept. Lord Raezon once wielded the blades of Dawn and Dusk, and offered one to the angel who followed Him."

Vexacion extends a clawed hand towards Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, as if she intends to touch her. "I didn't know angels once followed Lord Raezon," she murmurs softly.

Finrik Lerit'r says, "One did. Her name was Cassana."

Finrik Lerit'r says, "She is no longer."

You nod solemnly.

Vexacion withdraws her hand, brow furrowing marginally. "I still have a great deal to learn," she murmurs.

Softly, you say, "Can you grant wishes, Shiny?"

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "If your wish is to see me, yes."

A hideous archdemon sucks a clot of dried blood from one of his enormous talons.

Her voice quieter now, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith asks, "Are there more like you?"

Finrik Lerit'r says, "Lord Raezon... seduced is the wrong word, but encouraged the angel to come to His service from Celestia. She was quite formidable."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I do not know. ."

"I imagine Celestia didn't like that," Vexacion murmurs to Finrik Lerit'r, "They do such curious things to their own."

You have emoted: Coraline looks at Finrik Lerit'r apprehensively and asks, "Is this... is this a remnant of that angel?"

Finrik Lerit'r says, "Indeed. But she was happy here. And no, Shiny as you call her is not Cassana in any form."

More curiously, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith asks, "Will she be staying here?"

You have emoted: Coraline nods slowly at the answer, then tentatively offers a puffy platter of fluffy waffles to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule. "Well, you must be very hungry..."

Finrik Lerit'r says, "That is for her to decide. She has been bound into the Lord's service, but beyond that, she is as free as you to travel."

"...I'm not sure she has a digestive system," Vexacion admits to you quietly.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I am free to go?"

Finrik Lerit'r says, "Is there anything either of you want from her?"

You say, "Well..."

You have emoted: Coraline looks hopefully at Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule. "I am -very- starved of gold, and I would LOVE it if you could bestow upon me... 5 million gold coins..."

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Vexacion's brow furrows marginally. "...I don't know," she confesses, studying Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "What is gold, and what are coins?"

You give a pained sigh.

You say to Finrik Lerit'r, "Next time, let's summon something that knows what coins are..."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I am sorry to disappoint."

"Are you familiar with Father Sun?" Vexacion queries Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "Yes."

You say, "It's alright... nobody gives me coins anyway..."

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, "How does the dusk feel about His progress through the sky?"

You have emoted: Coraline perks her ears up curiously at Vexacion's question, looking at Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "We do not feel regarding it. We are indebted to his existence, as we are to Night's, but there is no emotion or thought in our existence. Before now."

You say, "And.. do you feel emotions, now?"

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I do not know. I feel thoughts certainly. I suppose what I felt a moment ago was remorse, so perhaps."

"Do you know the concept of pain? Does he singe you, or are you ... beyond those things? Less physical than they are?" Vexacion asks next.

Curiously, you ask, "Remorse? What for?"

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "Not knowing what gold is. And there was no pain."

Vexacion gives a small nod, clasping her clawed, sooty hands before herself. "That's all," she offers.

You have emoted: Coraline looks a little guilty for a moment, then takes some coins out of her purse. "These are coins."

You get 100 gold sovereigns from a petite purple squid pack.

You drop 100 gold sovereigns.

Vexacion suddenly scoops up 100 gold sovereigns.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "They look very round. I hope they bring you happiness."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "That is the correct response, yes?"

You say, "They help me buy whatever I need! But these are a lot less than five million, though..."

Vexacion gives 100 gold sovereigns to you.

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, "They bring some people happiness. Generally, they're simply necessity for survival."

"I was learning about the teachings of Lord Fain. One of them is Greed. I imagine some of His are made happy through accumulation of gold," Vexacion murmurs.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I should acquire this gold then if I am to survive. How do I do this?"

You have emoted: Coraline glances askance at Vexacion. "I am not greedy..", she whispers.

"You're too kind a person to be greedy," Vexacion agrees with you, also quietly.

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, "There are many ways. Hunting. Helping others. Offering services."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "What services?"

"It would depend. I sell food," Vexacion explains to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, "Some people are more talented in different areas."

You have emoted: Coraline nods in agreement with Vexacion.

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "Food is what Coraline tried to insert into me?"

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, "Yes."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "What is it's value?"

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, "Mortals eat it so they don't starve, usually. Otherwise their bodies wither away, barring some exceptions."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "Oh."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I would need hands to make food?"

You say, "It is used mostly to satiate hunger.. and some types of foods even increase vitality. But usually, people prefer to eat food that looks and tastes good.."

"...not necessarily," Vexacion muses, studying Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule anew now, "Would you need to be able to manipulate things."

You say, "I don't know if there is a way to make food using one's mind.. there probably is, but most people, like me, make them with hands."

Her voice silken to the ears, Marquessa Kalas Vexacion, Bastion of the Dark Faith says to Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule, "That does not always mean having a form."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I understand. Am I free to depart now?"

You cannot help but notice that Vexacion's complexion is a testament to the power of undeath, flawless and perfectly preserved.

Vexacion glances sidelong at you and Finrik Lerit'r, lapsing into quiet.

You have emoted: Coraline considers for a moment, then nods. "Yes, unless..."

You say, "Unless you need something.. maybe some food and gold, to take with you when you leave..."

Sparkling motes of light fill the dark centre of Shiny, the nebulous crepuscule as a ringing feminine voice resounds, "I do not need anything. Goodbye."

A nebulous crepuscule fades from view, the area surrounding it darkening as she fades.

Calling after, you say, "Bye, Shiny!"

Finrik Lerit'r says, "You will likely see her from time to time. She is now a servant to His bidding, of course."

"That was an interesting experience," Vexacion admits.

You nod your head enthusiastically.

You smile and say, "It did turn out to be something cute!"

You say, "I hope the world is kind to her..."

Finrik Lerit'r says, "Now, if you both will excuse me, I am tired of these 'group activities' and would retire into a book."

Finrik Lerit'r paces out to the in.

You yell, "Bye, Finrik! Sleep soundly!!"

"We spoke to a time of day within the sky," Vexacion murmurs.
You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.

Comments

• You say, "I hope the world is kind to her..."

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• @Shulamit This buddy needs to be a Lunarose. :o
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• why do people keep letting @Coraline name things?