SSC and You

The ever-in-progress SSC is getting some more attention (from a mortal coder). A couple of things that are going to be addressed are as follows:
  • More robust symptom checking (this is really the major issues that players had with blackout).
  • Better Aeon curing (including an aeon queue)
  • Potentially parrying.
  • Various other improvements

The question we want to  pose here is what other improvements would you like to see short of defense maintenance (itself a major project). Feel free to comment below.

Comments

• Although I'm not sure how much it is actually used - asleep is still not overhauled to the AFFS system and not cured by SSC as far as I can tell.
    Likewise, enfeeble is also not overhauled, but is probably has never seen much use since it is such a small malus...
    A really minor thing (and probably not really part of this) - sprawled isn't really in the AFF system either. There is a field on Char.Vitals that is sent with every prompt and SSC does seem to see as 'fallen', but it doesn't have a specific GMCP message due to not being in AFFS

More of a comment on aeon curing - SSC should focus on curing aeon and deny all commands that interfere with this. I guess this goes into the idea of an aeon queue - the idea that commands sent in aeon shouldn't overwrite each other (and possibly putting you in permanent aeon because you keep overwriting the cure before it can actually send with something else)
  • edited May 2020
    Enfeeble was already converted. 

We can look into sleep/sprawled but they are more difficult.

As far as aeon curing goes - we can look at having SSC deny all commands, but there are certainly times when you may want to override SSC with your own commands. If anything, it'd be a toggle, but there's also a level of responsibility on the player to react appropriately to the situation and let SSC cure it.

*the toggle could just be AC PAUSE
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited May 2020
    A while ago I filed a bug report about SSC not handling damaged limb symptom lines well at all, and I was told that it couldn't because the lines didn't indicate which limb was damaged/busted.  Is this fixed now?  I just tested and the symptom lines for standing at least say explicitly which limb is broken (and "both" has its own line).  I'm having trouble verifying the blackout aspect because it's seeing me apply the break to myself for some reason, so it's always curing before I even get to the symptom line.  But that one has been very annoying in the past.
    Edit: The symptom lines for weapon attacks also explicitly state which is broken.
    Yep, still busted.

SSC does not recognize:
    Your left leg must be working in order to do that.
    Your right leg must be working in order to do that.
    You must have two good legs to do that.
    Your left arm must be free and functioning to do that.
    Your right arm must be free and functioning to do that.
    Didn't get the exact last line, but presumably something like: You must have two good arms to do that.

Sure that could be damaged or mutilated, but either way SSC should consider applying some ice if you have ice balance instead of just sitting there.

• The lines that specify a specific limb could be set as an unknown ice aff for that limb

I'll have to look at the ones that just say 'you must have two good legs/arms.' If they come up when you have one of four potential afflictions, we wouldn't really be able to treat that as a symptom line, you'd have to use AC GUESS to deal with it the way you want. If they come up when you have two, we could then again use them as unknown ice affs.
    Orael said:
    The lines that specify a specific limb could be set as an unknown ice aff for that limb

I'll have to look at the ones that just say 'you must have two good legs/arms.' If they come up when you have one of four potential afflictions, we wouldn't really be able to treat that as a symptom line, you'd have to use AC GUESS to deal with it the way you want. If they come up when you have two, we could then again use them as unknown ice affs.
    The "You must have two" line occurs when both are injured.  Otherwise it specifies the single one that's hurt (at least, that's how it worked when I was playing with gars and sit/stand spamming after blackout ended).

• It looks like there are instances of both, we can certainly look into that though, it makes sense that if you're trying to spring up, you know what leg is broken.
    Brought up today:
    Why are the initial "assumed health" values for SSC set to 80% health, 60% assumedego, and 20% assumedmana?  This ends up with newbies getting murdered when hunting anything that blacks-out (like shadowhawks).
  • SSC shotguns on unknown afflictions, even if those afflictions are in categories. 
    * Phantasms - Reality are mental affs.
    * Necromancy - Contagion are dust affs.

I am sure more examples. While not a HUGE issue, it would reduce cures sent and keep you on balance for a potential aff in the next 1-2s (depending on cure bals).
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Fixing asleep  to be cured by SSC would be great, especially if it could handle dreamrealm stuff correctly too. Not a super huge issue, but I'd still be very happy to see it.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Hey Everyone - 

We're ready to roll out the first update to SSC. This version contains mostly under the hood changes that shouldn't really change anything on your end, but should make the underlying code faster/less lag prone.

There are a few minor changes as follows;
        1) Sleep and sprawled are converted to actual afflictions and cured in autocuring.
        2) Sixthsense will no longer fire off cure balance.
        3) Hidden damagedlung is now revealed by symptom.
        4) Chervil clotting was added 

We'd like to get some players testing this out before loading it into the live server to ensure that the changes do not break anything. If this is something you're interested in doing, please let me know.
  • edited February 2021
    Hello! I just want to say that I really appreciate the work that has been done to SSC (and also saved my butt during the recent lag spikes!).
    Couple of things that I disable on SSC and use my own coding to handle are:
    • the ability to toggle vital sipping without affecting the curing aspect (vessels). I know you can toggle elixirqueue, but that seems to disable everything about elixir curing in general? Unless I majorly messed it up. If I did, oops.
    • the ability to easily toggle vital sipping priority without messing with thresholds and queue order.
    • easily toggle/ignoring the curing of an affliction (e.g. while hunting) without having to remove it completely permanently from the curing queue or creating a completely separate setlist.
    These would be really cool to add in!
  • Sulwh said:
    Hello! I just want to say that I really appreciate the work that has been done to SSC (and also saved my butt during the recent lag spikes!).
    • the ability to toggle vital sipping without affecting the curing aspect (vessels). I know you can toggle elixirqueue, but that seems to disable everything about elixir curing in general? Unless I majorly messed it up. If I did, oops.
    • the ability to easily toggle vital sipping priority without messing with thresholds and queue order.
    • easily toggle/ignoring the curing of an affliction (e.g. while hunting) without having to remove it completely permanently from the curing queue or creating a completely separate setlist.
    The first one can be done by modifying the elixir queue and only including vessels.

The second one is very much not possible, but there is a client-side workaround. There's a syntax that allows you to remake the queue with all new settings with one command. You can build the queue how you want it, grab the string, and then set an alias client or game side to load that into the queue to replace it.

The third, there's an ignore list in autocuring (works just like the queues). Just add/remove the affliction to said queue.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Sulwh said:
    The first one can be done by modifying the elixir queue and only including vessels.

The second one is very much not possible, but there is a client-side workaround. There's a syntax that allows you to remake the queue with all new settings with one command. You can build the queue how you want it, grab the string, and then set an alias client or game side to load that into the queue to replace it.

The third, there's an ignore list in autocuring (works just like the queues). Just add/remove the affliction to said queue.
    Yeah I know you can modify the elixir queue. But there's no real way to just "toggle vitalsipping", without having a giant alias to put the queue list back together in the right order. Good to know that the second point is not possible. And I will look at the third point!
    Thanks for the fast response :)
  • Sulwh said:
    Yeah I know you can modify the elixir queue. But there's no real way to just "toggle vitalsipping", without having a giant alias to put the queue list back together in the right order. Good to know that the second point is not possible. And I will look at the third point!
    I hardly see how a single command is a giant alias.

Set to vessels only:
    AC MOD ELIXIRQUEUE SET vessels 1

Reset to normal:
    AC MOD ELIXIRQUEUE SET health 25, vessels 9, mana 50, ego 50, health 30, mana 70, ego 70, health 90, mana 90, ego 90, vessels 1
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Sulwh said:
    I hardly see how a single command is a giant alias.

Set to vessels only:
    AC MOD ELIXIRQUEUE SET vessels 1

Reset to normal:
    AC MOD ELIXIRQUEUE SET health 25, vessels 9, mana 50, ego 50, health 30, mana 70, ego 70, health 90, mana 90, ego 90, vessels 1
    Oh thanks! I did not know you could set them in order without inserting them then reordering. That helps a lot.