Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• Ruin automatically eats any food items given to her, but when people give them to her in containers, it means I have to clean it up manually!
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I think that’s what she meant by “void of destruction”
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Do things in divine inventories decay?
  • We can trivially stop them from decaying, which is what most of us do with prized possessions! Our inventories don't automatically stop things from decaying.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What’s the biggest misconception out there about being a Divine, in your opinion?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Choros said:
    Aonia said:
    The vast majority of what she (and her priests) are given is deleted. Otherwise her inventory would be full of macarons.

You mean Ruin doesn't actually eat handfuls of macarons at once? :D
    Only when you hand them directly to her. If you give her a basket like some people do...

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Aonia said:
    As for things that players give Czixi - I preserve all letters/paintings/other written items eternally, plus the few crafted items that people miraculously got Czixi to like. The vast majority of what she (and her priests) are given is deleted. Otherwise her inventory would be full of macarons. Sometimes I forget to put them in our void of destruction and a few days later am inundated with decay messages, that's always fun.
    But what a great goldsink, getting us to bake all those sugary things...  :D

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• With Divine's, does essence matter to them? Like does everything cost essence e.g. making Avatars, using powers. What happens if they run out?
  • edited May 2020
    Aknarin said:
    With Divine's, does essence matter to them? Like does everything cost essence e.g. making Avatars, using powers. What happens if they run out?
    Essence most definitely has a role and the Gods do use them to concretely do things. Aside from RP value, offerings of essence really do help in a mechanical sense. Gods without enough essence won't be able to do certain things. Though it's certainly possible, I don't know of any Divine that has ever "run out" completely before in a mechanical sense. 
  • Aknarin said:
    With Divine's, does essence matter to them? Like does everything cost essence e.g. making Avatars, using powers. What happens if they run out?

Adding to what Maylea has said, it has been revealed that admins also have special 'admin points' they earn (by doing admin things like running events, etc) that is also required in some sense for the bigger things like creating/adding to a realm. So if you are offering to a god and thinking 'why don't you have a realm yet with all these offerings.', this is likely part of the answer.
  • Will the clock tower in Magnagora be completed? It feels like it has been at least a RL year, probably longer, that it has been in construction with the same 'off-balance' tick at midnight. Not a gripe, I promise, just wondering! Also, is there a way we can maybe remove the loss of balance?
  • Hello.

Can I please have Lady T back. I misses her <3.
    Thanks!

• So! Do gods often interact or rp with each other, IC-ly, where mortals don't see? Or is that sort of thing orchestrated more OOC?

pronouns: they/them
  • Toshiko said:
    Will the clock tower in Magnagora be completed? It feels like it has been at least a RL year, probably longer, that it has been in construction with the same 'off-balance' tick at midnight. Not a gripe, I promise, just wondering! Also, is there a way we can maybe remove the loss of balance?
    Turns out that building a massive and complex structure requires more than just stacking bricks on top of one another...apparently it requires somebody with a deep understanding of engineering  B)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enero said:
    Hello.

Can I please have Lady T back. I misses her <3.
    Thanks!

Yes you can!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Gods who have stepped into old gods' shoes (Like @Terentia but not limited to her):

How did/do you approach connections the previous player made with Order stuff, mortal-god relationships, NPCs, etc that make up the history of the god whose shoes you're now filling? Or, to put it another way, how did/do you handle keeping all of the information about your RP role in your head as you take on and develop your version of the character?

Do you guys keep a wiki with bullet points about interactions you've had and NPCs you possess that your predecessor left, or reams and reams of rp logs that @Aonia tied you to a chair and forced you to read through?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    First off, welcome @Lantra. And I guess @Terentia too. /forumrp

I'm absolutely stunned (and happy, shh) to see @Terentia returning, and I know there are a lot of Celestians who missed your character deeply. Was she your first choice? Without giving away too much, had you ever interacted with her while you were a mortal?

As for @Lantra, I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop her in the game as opposed to merely hearing about her in the histories. What drew you to her? 

And to both of you, do you feel like sharing your biggest misconception from when you were a mortal, now that you're up in the havens?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How often do gods check things like RPWHO when they're looking for, well, RP? Or does it vary more between the divine?

pronouns: they/them