Psionics/Psychometabolism/Mudlet

My head is on the verge of exploding. So, I've been trying to make sense of channels, how they work, etc. I -think- I finally understand the very basics after spending hours making txt documentation on these abilities. That makes it easier for me to understand new things in these games. Even so, I am unsure how to proceed with the best way to combine abilities, since channels are involved. I don't know how to track my channels. Maybe if I could somehow track them in Mudlet I could integrate each ability and the channel/s that are used/locked.

Halp, before my family finds me in a corner, curled up in a little ball, quietly weeping. Thanks.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Your best bet is just to alias raising your non-locking defenses so you can hit it once you log in, and then do one big alias to lock whatever you want for your other defenses like Introspection.

If you want to give a better explanation on what you're looking to do, we can help you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So first things first, go into your Nexus settings and disable the "Do not show any prompt lines at all" option, then CONFIG PROMPT ALL to make sure your prompt isn't only giving you HME, power, and eq+balance. All should make your prompt look like this:
    00000h, 00000m, 00000e, 10p BeisSlrx-
    or
    00000h, 00000m, 00000e, 10p BeiSslrx-

I can't recall which is first, but the B is beast balance (whether you can BEAST ORDER or not), e is equilibrium, lr is arm balance (left and right) (you may need to do CONFIG ARMBALANCE ON to see these), and x is general balance as usual. The new ones for you are probably i, S, and s. These are your id, Superstratus, and substratus channel balances respectively.

Your Psionics+Psymet defenses that don't lock channels are MindBar, Secondsight, Ironskin, Regeneration, Enhancement, Energycontainment, Gliding, Psisense, and BodyDensity. Raise these first as needed, most of them are fire and forget with no reason not to use them (see their individual AB files for what channels they can be raised on and extra syntaxes), but with the rooting changes proposed you may or may not want BodyDensity.

Anything with an * is a little trickier, because those will lock the channel you raise them to, for instance PsiArmour can be raised on any of the three channels and should likely be one you have up any time you aren't already capped on cutting and blunt resist up to 8 weight, but if you PSI ID PSIARMOUR to put it on the id channel, you can no longer use any abilities on the id channel without unlocking and losing PsiArmour first.

With psionics, you can use any channel that has its balance as long as you have equilibrium, but aside from psi channels you are not considered to have equilibrium until you either fully lock or regain that channel.

This means that, in essence, you can stack psionic commands to the same command line and expect all three actions to go through, for instance if you SM ADD PSI ID MINDBAR||PSI SUB SECONDSIGHT||PSI SUPER IRONSKIN, then when that stratagem fires it will consume all three channels and raise all three defenses, letting you recover them all at the same time. This will still count as being off-equilibrium until you do get all three back (think in this case Superstratus will come back last).

So, to recap:
    - Force Nexus to give you a prompt
    - CONFIG PROMPT ALL
    - i = id channel
    - S = Superstratus
    - s = substratus
    - Psi channels are independent and can be consumed at the same time
    - You are considered off-equilibrium if any channel is recovering except for using other unlocked psi channels
    - Abilities with an * in the AB PSIONICS or AB PSYCHOMETABOLISM will lock a channel and prevent it from being used for anything else
    - You can 'stack' psi commands to use more than one at the same time as long as the channel you're using is open and the ability can use it.
    - Don't be afraid to experiment with your channels to find what's best for a given situation. (PK, PvE, Aetherhunting, Influencing, or questing might have different channel setups)

As a general set of recommendations, Psiarmour should be a go-to unless you're overcapped on the resistances it gives, or you're not going to be hunting or in PvP at all. Pheremones will shut down anyone that relies on an enemy list (mages, druids, guardians' and wiccans' entities, etc). If you're going aetherhunting, especially as an active siphoner or empath, Lock Ironwill. Shaddus already mentioned Introspection, which is nice on its own but also has a couple of synergies as well.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    the status of your channels is in gmcp, which mudlet stores in the gmcp variable, which is automatically updated as long as you have gmcp enabled in your mudlet config while you're connected to lusternia.

```
    lua gmcp.Char.Vitals.psiid
    lua gmcp.Char.Vitals.psisub
    lua gmcp.Char.Vitals.psisuper
    ```

shows the status of the three psi channels each. a value of the string "1" shows the channel is there (you have the balance for that channel) while a string "0" does show that you don't currently can use that channel.

in addition the 'stratagems' in combat can do stuff based on when you get a channel back.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Thanks, everyone. I'm slowly getting it worked out.